It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm 

There is no way now Roman can't bring back DiMatteo now. Chelsea was complete shit a couple months ago, now they have a chance at two trophies.

So the Special One vs Chelsea in the final? I am sure the English tabloids will have a field day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
enigma wrote:
There is no way now Roman can't bring back DiMatteo now. Chelsea was complete shit a couple months ago, now they have a chance at two trophies.

So the Special One vs Chelsea in the final? I am sure the English tabloids will have a field day.

I think Di Matteo will get the same treatment Avram Grant got after leading Chelsea to the final in Moscow. Thanks for your work but don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. I read in a couple of the papers in England that Roman is offering RDM a £750,000 bonus if Chelsea wins the European Cup.

As for the match against Barca, Apology or not, Terry in a complete moron for getting sent off in the second leg of a Chsmpions League Semi-Final. Good thing the rest of the team bailed his selfish ass out.

Drogba is a moron for conceding a penalty when your team is down to 10 men. Thank goodness Messi hit the woodwork.

I feel bad that I thought Torres would miss after he went around to score the last goal.

With Terry, Ramires, Meireles and Ivanovic out for the final. It will be interesting to see who RDM will trot out in Munich on 19 May.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
so disgusted now. Not too surprising, Barca's been "off" all season. A few great performances, but overall they haven't been impressive all year. Struggled to put away several poor La Liga sides during the year and lots of trouble finishing chances in big games. At some point you have to question the coaching, never once made an adjustment in either leg. At some point you have to push the ball wide and take some chances on some crosses.

Would like to see Barca get a target man in the offseason, someone who can go up in the box and head the ball. They need it.

And what happened to Farbregas? When he got to Barca he was making amazing runs non stop and getting tons of chances. Now he just stands around in the middle of the field like everyone else on that team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Ronaldo going to work early and often against Bayern. Madrid's confidence is showing. Looks to be their year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Would have been nice if any of these teams were likable, I'm no sure any top teams in soccer really are. Bayern is acceptable I guess, Chelsea at least will have Terry out, that makes them less reprehensible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
Hell, if it is Chelsea-Bayern we may have academy teams playing one another with all the DQs between the two teams.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Penalty kicks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 pm 

Great save on CR.

Second verse, same as the first.

Choke city.

WOW, what gagging on a large scale.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm 

Hopefully UEFA will drop all the cards and everyone can play in the final.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:35 pm 

WarriorDon wrote:
Hopefully UEFA will drop all the cards and everyone can play in the final.

I hope so too WarriorDon...Not because my team (Chelsea) is in the final...I think all six guys that were suspended should be able to play...Terry should still sit out since he got a straight red.

Someone on Fox said that the final will be a "Reserve Match"

Warren Barton just said that he doesn't see UEFA changing the rule.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 pm 

I can see from a fan perspective how UEFA would want the teams at their best, but some of these players are just idiots. How can you get booked for fucking with the penalty spot before Messi's pk when you know you're a card away from missing the final? And if you don't know you're a card away from a suspension you're just as stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:
I can see from a fan perspective how UEFA would want the teams at their best, but some of these players are just idiots. How can you get booked for fucking with the penalty spot before Messi's pk when you know you're a card away from missing the final? And if you don't know you're a card away from a suspension you're just as stupid.

Normally I would agree with you, but that one appears to have been worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm 

shakes wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Normally I would agree with you, but that one appears to have been worth it.

It was, just saying he should still be suspended.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:55 pm 

Kaka is really kaka now, I see MLS in his future soon.

Can't bet against German club or national teams in penalty kicks.

Also hate the fact all these players will have to miss the final because of accumulation of yellow cards.

Not sure who to root for in the final, would like to see a German club win the final (can't recall off the top of my head when a German team won the CL) but I still have nightmares remembering that abomination Bayern put on with Manchester United at Soldier Field a few years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:41 pm 

enigma wrote:
Kaka is really kaka now, I see MLS in his future soon.

Can't bet against German club or national teams in penalty kicks.

Also hate the fact all these players will have to miss the final because of accumulation of yellow cards.

Not sure who to root for in the final, would like to see a German club win the final (can't recall off the top of my head when a German team won the CL) but I still have nightmares remembering that abomination Bayern put on with Manchester United at Soldier Field a few years ago.

The last German team to win the Champions League was Bayern Munich in 2001 when they beat Valencia 5-4 on penalties at the San Siro. Owen Hargreaves was in the starting XI for Bayern and Roque Santa Cruz was an unused sub for Bayern. Didier Deschamps was An unused sub for Valencia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 pm 

Madrid shit the bed when Robben got the penalty. It was in their head that they couldn't concede any more goals or they'd need 2 more to win. And to be fair Bayern missed a couple of easy goals and really were the better side. I also think Real may have been tired from the Barca match on Saturday. Munich and Chelsea both rested starters on the weekend whilst Barca and Madrid couldn't since they were playing each other for their league title.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 am 

In case anyone was wondering...the 2012-13 Champions League Final will be at Wembley Stadium and will be played on May 25th 2013. Lisbon, Portual gets the 2014 final.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 pm 

Europa League final tomorrow:

Bilbao vs Atletico Madrid 1:45 PM

Bilbao are the all Basque side. I hope they win. They looked great when the kicked United's ass earlier.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 am 

Finally the final.

Of the UEFA Champions League.

1:45PM Fox 32. Douchebags on parade doing the pre-game.

I'm doing home improvement/yardwork tomorrow morning and expect a pantsless afternoon in my recliner watching this.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:41 am 

I have been looking forward to this week. I normally skip all of the pre-game hype and scour Twitter for the team news.

Early starting line-up for Chelsea is Cech, Cole, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Mikel, Lampard, Mata, Bertrand, Kalou and Drogba. Bertrand is normally a full-back and will make his Champion League debut at left midfield.

Hopefully, it will be a good clean contest and hopefully Chelsea will be lifting the trophy at the end of th match.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:39 pm 

Well, Cahill and Luiz are in there so they have a better chance now but that speed on the wings from Munich is going to be hard to handle. I think Bayern wins this 2-1. I wonder if Chelsea will turtle up and play counterattack football.

Martin Tyler and Gary "Orgasm" Neville calling the match.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:48 pm 

Well this is getting interesting. What a shitty penalty kick Robben. Would have felt bad for Drogba, he's one of the few likable people on Chelsea.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm 

Grats to Chelsea and kissrules. That old German nascent ability to win in penalty shootouts failed them. First time I ever saw a keeper take a penalty. Munich dominated the possession and had the better chances but Gomez sucked and Robben was brutal with his crosses and shots. I guess they will have to keep DiMatteo now. I wonder if Abramovich will remain as the owner now that he has the CL prize and all the old guard of players are well in to their 30s. Will he want to rebuild? Spurs knocked out of the CL for next year and will probably end up selling Modric and maybe the overrated Bale.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:08 pm 

Brad Friedel did not look happy in the post game wrap up knowing he would be playing in the NIT....I mean Europa, instead of Champions League next year.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:30 pm 

Having been highly critical of him in the past, I would say that while Drogba and Cech were the top two Men of the Match candidates, Lampard was a real mensch in the match. He held the midfield together and helped coordinate the defense.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm 

Lamps has made a nice transition from AM to CM/DM. Similar to what Scholes has done but Scholes' idea of defending is getting sent off. :lol:

Drogba has always been a great player but he is a diving bastard, one of the all time worst. Shame really because he appears to be a great guy off the pitch with humanitarian work in his home country.