It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Went to the game on Saturday night. There were losing after 1:20. It rained a bit and there was an hour rain delay. Who the hell knew soccer had rain delays? They seemed to be selling a ton of beer though at $10/pop.

It was Polish Appreciation Night. I didn't know or I would have brought my kielbasa.

Our goalie sucks.

Will not be as easy to access when they move to Soldiers Field.

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
"Rolling" might be a bit hopeful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:56 pm 

There’s usually a Fire post every year or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:10 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Went to the game on Saturday night. There were losing after 1:20. It rained a bit and there was an hour rain delay. Who the hell knew soccer had rain delays? They seemed to be selling a ton of beer though at $10/pop.

It was Polish Appreciation Night. I didn't know or I would have brought my kielbasa.

Our goalie sucks.

That is all.

I was also at the game on Saturday. First time I had been to one in probably 5 years. Yes, the goalie sucked. Those two goals were ridiculous.

The idea of moving the team back to Soldier Field is incredibly stupid. It seems like the majority of their attendance is families. These people aren't going to make the trek out to Soldier Field. It will just end up being more expensive and it will price out the suburban family that wants to take a few kids to the game. At Toyota Park (or whatever the name of the place is now), the sightlines are great, and you're right on top of the action. We were able to sit front row, and the tickets were only $29. Maybe they should field a better team and people might actually show up to the games. This team hasn't been competitive in over a decade now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Our goalie sucks.

That is all.

I was also at the game on Saturday. First time I had been to one in probably 5 years. Yes, the goalie sucked. Those two goals were ridiculous.

The idea of moving the team back to Soldier Field is incredibly stupid. It seems like the majority of their attendance is families. These people aren't going to make the trek out to Soldier Field. It will just end up being more expensive and it will price out the suburban family that wants to take a few kids to the game. At Toyota Park (or whatever the name of the place is now), the sightlines are great, and you're right on top of the action. We were able to sit front row, and the tickets were only $29. Maybe they should field a better team and people might actually show up to the games. This team hasn't been competitive in over a decade now.

GO. WATCH. THE. RED. STARS.

Racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:

The normal inconveniences of getting to Soldier Field would seem to be much worse in the summer when there's stuff going on in Grant Park all the time. Will the team have road trips during Lollapalooza, Taste of Chicago, and whatever else goes on? I'm sure driving to Bridgeview isn't a delight, but driving downtown in the summer is another set of problems.

My guess is that they think they can jack up the ticket prices, lose the family-fun crowd, and go after yuppies who see soccer as sort of a status marker. I think that has worked for Seattle. I don't think it'll work as well here. Isn't that what the Cubs are for?

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Our goalie sucks.

That is all.

I don't get the move either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:51 am 

I gather the owner is just looking to flip the team for a profit at some point. I think they lose money on operations evey year. Playing in Soldier Field might be more appealing to some Saudi prince or someone like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 am 

Brutal game again last night. They are the White Sox of Soccer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Brewpub
the sooner Andrew Hauptman sells the team to someone who cares, the better.

moving the team to Soldier Field, meh. The team drew fine in Bridgeview when it was good, like when Blanco played for them.

a rebrand with renaming the team is beyond stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:34 pm 

Great game Saturday night. the boys really busted ass on defense. seems improved since they brought Bernstein back.

This little Nico Gaitan seems like a shithead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Our goalie sucks.

That is all.

GO. WATCH. THE. RED. STARS.

Racist.

Who?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:02 am 

Opened the season yesterday with a tough match in Seattle. Lost 2-1 on a late goal. Did not see it but apparently they played ok. Roster is like 75% new guys nobody ever heard of, some of which haven't even showed up yet.