It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Can't shake the feeling that no one from Chicago, Elgin, Aurora, or Waukegan was involved in the design and approval of this logo, because otherwise someone somewhere along the way would have said "no, that's a Latin Kings logo, please don't do that." Oh, well, Brooklyn yuppies know what's best for everyone, that's why they're there.

FIFY

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
The dumbest one is Real Salt Lake, which is called that despite the fact that Real Madrid gets its name from being sponsored by the Spanish monarchy and Utah, though certainly not for the Mormon Church's lack of trying, does not have a monarchy.

When I played soccer in high school everybody had their club team. Most guys were from the German clubs like Schwaben, Green-White, and the Kickers. But some of the Polish kids played for a team called Real FC. The Germans liked to call them the Real Fucking Clowns.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
The dumbest one is Real Salt Lake, which is called that despite the fact that Real Madrid gets its name from being sponsored by the Spanish monarchy and Utah, though certainly not for the Mormon Church's lack of trying, does not have a monarchy.

When I played soccer in high school everybody had their club team. Most guys were from the German clubs like Schwaben, Green-White, and the Kickers. But some of the Polish kids played for a team called Real FC. The Germans liked to call them the Real Fucking Clowns.

Back in those days you knew to stay out of neighborhoods infested with Schwaben...or Hamburgs. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I think they are missing a marketing opportunity. All those potential alternate uniforms. They could even go middle old school and have Carol Marin at El Rukn night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I think they are missing a marketing opportunity. All those potential alternate uniforms. They could even go middle old school and have Carol Marin at El Rukn night.

I'd forgotten that one. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:54 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

I'd forgotten that one. :lol: :lol:

Nowdays those of you who still watch local TV news see old crusty matronly SJW Carol Marin. But in her prime, she was reasonably attractive.
Video of her when she first got to Chicago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI2q1k-ZLwE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't follow Major League Soccer, but it seems to me that the teams have this European ethic right down to using the "FC" designation. And there's actually a team called "Sporting Kansas City". That sounds as if a person who doesn't speak English named the team. It seems very odd and affected.

How about Real Salt Lake? it's not "Real" Salt Lake it's "Ray-AL" Salt Lake like Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't follow Major League Soccer, but it seems to me that the teams have this European ethic right down to using the "FC" designation. And there's actually a team called "Sporting Kansas City". That sounds as if a person who doesn't speak English named the team. It seems very odd and affected.

How about Real Salt Lake? it's not "Real" Salt Lake it's "Ray-AL" Salt Lake like Real Madrid.

When I played soccer in high school everybody had their club team. Most guys were from the German clubs like Schwaben, Green-White, and the Kickers. But some of the Polish kids played for a team called Real FC. The Germans liked to call them the Real Fucking Clowns

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm looking forward to expansion teams Internazionale Grand Rapids and Bayern Raleigh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:42 pm 

Bayern Raleigh Y'all.