It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
For years, serjously dating back to at least 2015 or 16 i've been saying that my favourite british sexual manuever is "The Jack Grealish." Two summers ago I was convinced that he should be Arsenal's #1 signing priority (whether they used him in a deeper role with Ozil still around or whether they started him up front. Last year a kid on a bike told me that Arsenal should get Jack Grealish instead of Lionel Messi and I agreed....

....and now Villa are bidding 25/30mil for Emile Smith Rowe (an ideal Jack Wilshere replacement who should play deeper at CM even.tho he can't quite manage to play much more than.60mins a week at an attacking position) which means they're WTF SOUTHGATEing harder than the average England fan @ the fact that England's best player has yet to.start a single game in these Euros (and rest assured that 4-0 vs Ukraine = no way in hell we see Grealish in the XI come wednesday). --- and this is because Villa wants grealish to.ball hard so they can get 100mil/+ for him ASAP, replace him with buendia + Emile Smith Rowe, and likely still be the same 6th-8th place team.this year unless Buendia reverts to full.on 19-20 PL form (34 apps / 1 goal 7 assists)

Simply put, Grealish.os a baller. He's a big fit white guy who reminds you of a Gareth.Bale type frame (tho idk if he has quite the pace that prime / copa del rey finals goal Bayol had) and he's english so thats worth another 20-30mil in.the prem (ask ben white) and whoever gets grealish probably ends up being title favorites this year. Ge has legit best player in the prem upside and seeing as Villa has bought another #10/attacker in Buendia and is going after Emile Smith Rowe that should tell you that they want to cash in on their hottest property ever.... unless they think they could really make a run.at the CL/prem. I dount it, but as it stands (w/grealiah and buendia) they should be good for europa/continental and maybe even CL if grealish steps up and solidifies himself as the best #10/attacking-mid in the prem. Ask yourself: would you take big game kev de bruyne or bruno fernandes over him?

That said, arsenal's dumb asses leaked out a 250mil warchest story to their YT pundit networks so go.figure their 30mil bids for ben white are laughed off and when they go up to 50mil (lol) you hear city is interested in.him (meaning brighton want ~55-60mil for him) -- meanwhile the 250mil transfer kitties are busy haggling over a few mil pounds to dump off granit xhaka on roma.

I tbink.arsenal got a young backup LB for ~£8mil (which is needed since tierney has an injury history that fits in well with arsenal, given our history with aaron ramsey jack wilshere snd even abou diaby) and even tho they clearly need a "box to box" CM "midfield engine" (as last season's woes can be traced to countless 0-0 / 0-1 / 1-1 / and 1-2 games where if arsenal scored 2 or more goals more often than.not they would have easily made the CL (seeing as arteta technically "fixed" the defense by getting it back to where it was under the final ~4-5yrs under wenger.... the problem is he did this by spamming 2 DMs out there almost every game and never figuring out simple solutioms like, say, why dont you play emile smith rowe or bukayo saka back @ CM next to partey (or xhaka. Not both) and then you can get the ball forward to some combo of odegaard / martinelli / pepe / lacazette / aubameyang / ESR or Saka, seeing as Saka/ESR will just bomb forward anyways during legit attacking.oppprtunities.

I wanna say there was a late season clash vs palace where saka started @ LB for an injured tierney and would you believe that when arsenal went up 2-0 in the first 40 to 50mins Saka ran up to 1) assist a goal and then 2) score his own goal! And would you believe that our possession stats were up because you had a legit skilled playmaker deeper in the midfield? Having all these "young studs" up.front whilst some combo.of partey / xhaka / elneny / dani "good riddance" ceballos was akin to having a big racing spoiler and rims and aftermarket exhaust parts on a toyota prius.... competing in drag racing.

So now arsenal are supposedly humiliated for possibly dodging a bullet by not signing buendia for 40mil, having their odd interest in ben.white spiral out of control whilst brighton tries to pull a mustafi on the team that declared theyre gonna spend 250mil this summer, and oh yeah no sensible solid signings like a few seasons back when they quickly snd discretely brought in lucas torreira and matteo guendouzi early in the unai enery regime (a season where they went 22 games unbeaten in the prem.b4 falling off)

Hell, having guendouzi + saliba show up would be likw new signings, but arteta has "i'm the boss!!" issues that prevent this so we're gonna loan.out a 32mil young ~22y/o defender again and likely loan out a young ~23y/o CM yet again because...... [drum roll] he's an egotistical Caller Bob. He thought he was better than brighton players cuz he made way more than them @ age 21. Thats the kind of swaggee you need in your side, but alas, arteta knows best and evidently he wants to pay big momey for younger talenta on relegation-tier/championship clubs because uhhh.... idk.

So thats the same ol arsenal for you. United havent gotten sancho yet, but just imagine if they could splash the cash and have an attacking quartet of sancho fernandes grealish and kane. They'd be near-favorites to win europe. If citeh is willing to ditch/move big game kev de bruyne snd bring in grealish alongside foden/kdb/mahrez/whats-left-of-sterling (i think these euros are an outlier for him) amd THEN they go.get kane to replace or augment jesus? Man, with grealish leading the attack instead of KDB they might actually win a CL / treble for once.

Liverpool's just gotta get healrhy in the back, find a way to get diogo jota more playing time, then if they can add a grealish or a sancho or even a declining sterling returning home (aka cover for mane or firmino having another down year or injury) then they aint going anywhere.

Then theres chelsea... they're in the odd position where theyre defending champs of europe znd even if they dont make a big.mobe their squad is so young at key positions that it should just get better by default. Even without a marquee signing they should be competing for the prem.this year, and god help us all if they got a grealish or kane over there. Theyve been really quiet this summer outside of extending their loan racket to.managers, but **when** they add another 2-3 25-30mil/+ players to what they already have watch out.

Leicester city? Idk. Now that im.older snd working i cant spend all weekend watching intermational club football like i used to (let alone all the non-arsenal midweek.CL games like i used to) so idk what theyre on about, but to be where they are given their transfer budget theyre makimg the kind of moves arsemal should be making.... alongside one big superstar move like emile smith rowe + 60mil.for jack.grealish. then you either play saka at CM alongside partey/DM (again, fully knowing saka's roots as an attacker will havw him.bombing forward more often than not like vintage/post-13/14/"hollywood" ramsey) and youve got something, especially if arteta gives pepe a chance to prove his run.of form to finish out last season wasnt a fluke and then you've still got martinelli / lacazette-or-replacement / aubameyang up front.

But hey the only time arsenal swaps players is when they take on a piece of crap (mkhitaryan) to.get rid of a pile of dogshit like post-caring alexis sanchez.

Everton is prolly done since carlo sonned them.to return.to real madrid. West ham needs to either be leicester caliber clever with tidy lil transfers or they neec a big aigning or 2 to hang around european spots.... and spurs? Man. If kane goes they're so fucked cuz England's Brave Arry Kane is renown.for getting 2H PKs in games where he hasnt already scored cuz England in a country jad a vested intetest in arry kane (see 4-0 vs ukraine) so rhat means by hook.or by crook ahort of massive injury theres no way arry kane gets under 25 goals in the PL... and while apurs so have a real nice player in son and old man bayol was still like 28apps /14 goals in the PL last year, if they lose kane i reckon they slide down to where arsenal.has been for the last 2-3yrs, if not lower. And this was a team in the CL final 2 finals ago!

And that leaves the true wild card in all of this, aston villa. By plunkimg out 35mil for champio ship stud buendia and making noise about wanting emile smith rowe they're either prepping to sell on grealish at peak prices or theyre planning for 1yr of going all in and seeing how far they can go b4 likely conceding they cant keep grealish there for life. Grealish gets my vote for best all around (young? Ish? 23-24/ish? 22 at youngest?) and if theyre teying to surround him with attackimg talent while being comfident in no worse than a pedestrian defwnse alongaide a solid MF and serviceable striker.... who knows? If kun aguero hadnt instantly jaunted over to barca imGinw if he qould have done a year at villa with grealish and (assumimg champiobship-quality) buendia. If villa can shock the world and land a 25mil.striker alongaude getting an wnile smith rowe / type player (who i bet theyd use at CM with grealish and buendia up front attacking) ... man they cpuld be this yeR's leicester.

I.know ive been eiding jack.grealiah's nuts all throughout this TLDRfest, but if you ever gst a chance watch the guy play... he's a baller. He camw on at 0-0.vs germany snd promptly set up.the guy who assisted on the first goal then he personally assisted the second goal. He's like the white pogba out there... except he had an.actual footballimf brain bwhind the big chisled physique as opppsed to.pogna, who has the physical capability.of being the next zidane but just doesnt have the footballing brain for it. It prolly happemed during a freak haircut accident qhere when caeving in his fade lines they went a lityle too deep and permanently rendered him super alex oxlade chamberlain if you wanna be real about it.

As dor real.and barca i have no idea qhat either if them are doing except regressing b4 our very eyes, and if luis suarez has another superb seadom in him i wouldnt be surprised to see atletico walk la liga this year. @ barca maybe thwy'll lwt messi.go if he stays within the qatar family snd goes ro city with kdb coming back.plus gobs of cash frok city's lucrTive sponsorship deals with.... uhhh... sheikh mansour cola! The only drink so elite youve never seen a can.of it anywhere, just like actual homegrown man city fans.

Of course buyern wins 1.bl and then i'd say look.for P$G and Juve to return to.form.after letting someone wlse win one for a change. This oughta keep FFP off their backs for a few years.

Any queations? Yeah? Indeed, i wish i xould wake up one morning and be like "man i.love chelsea FC" but alas, i'm stuck with arsenal, who look.to continue their divine conedy descent into.being the modern day leeds or nottingham forest. Alas, arsenal is my cross to bare/bear and i can safwly say that i will not see thek win the prem again in.my lifetime. This is why i was anyone but arteta when they hired emery. Now that arteta gets to puck out more willians + dani ceballoses to bring in and start in his XIs? God help us all. The only chance arsenal has is that someone like balogun ends up beconing the next thierry henry or something. He successfully played the club like a fiddle and got a new deal, but he's still well behind im the pecking order behind guys like eddie nketiah. Can you objectively give me 1 single reason as to why you should play eddie nketiah in front of balogun at this point? If you wanna say "PL experience" yeah nketiah has plenty of PL experience of coming into games and not scoring and finishing 8th place. I wouldnr be surprised if nketiah scored like 3 goals in all comps last season ans balogun had at least 1-2 goals in something like less than 25% of the # of appearances of nketiah.

Welp, as the unironically non-gay gooners used to say... UP THE ARSENAL!

and btw, again, even if united can manage just getting sancho snd kane... man oh man you've fot something there. And if liverpool can gwt someone to complement/supplant firmino/mane with a healthy back line pluus discovering workd class talents like the ox buried on their bench... this could be the most exciting top-4 in a lomg lomg time.....

...meanwgile arsenal will.seriously do well (let alone be lycky to) end up in the continental league this year (6th-7th). At this juncture i'm seeing arsenal finishing 9th-11th because not only are they not improving, but theyre actively getting worse (odegaard loan ends. They camt get rid of bellendo and xhaka. They cant sign A proper boxwbox/midfield-engine/CM nor do they have the balls to.play ESR or saka there (their goal/assist stats look.like really good CM scoring stats, not propet attackimg stats. We trwat bukayo saka like he scored 23 goals witj 11 assists last year but in reality its 5 goals / 3 assists. EST had 1-2 goals and maybe 3-4 assists. Just play them deeper and watch martinelli/laca/aubameyang/pepe's totals all go up. #ImJustSayin #Rosemont

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
All or Nothing: Arsenal is coming in 2022, so expect them to win the league or have Arteta get fired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
All or Nothing: Arsenal is coming in 2022, so expect them to win the league or have Arteta get fired.

This

GUNNERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
$140 million dollar move to man city.

could barely get any time in the england 11 at the euro.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:37 am 

don't let the euros fool you; grealish is a baller. Most fouled player in the prem last year, and i wanna say by a pretty good margin?

I've wanted arsenal to make him their #1 target fir 2-3yrs now butc'est la vie... we HAD ozil at first (when he was still "marinating" at villa then he was like 80mil last year and 100mil thisbyear.

Now if harry kane figures out how to get to city fkr between 100-130mil watch out. I"'m sure theyd lose the CL/final somehow but they should easily walk the prem and at least nick a domestic double or treble with this squad, cuz remember its not likenthey moved on.mahrez sterling jesus fernandinho fodem or anyome for this. And if you can add arry kane and his annual golden boot (often a byproduxt of 2H penalties in games where he hasnt scored already. Gotta keep ARRY looking strong... for queen and country!"

My favorite bit about kane is thatbhisvfwce has that quintesssntially british ~.001% look of inbreeding, seeing as all these ppl.xome from a super densely populated island thats roughly thebsize of, whT, illinois or michigan or something? Utah or Idaho at most?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:38 pm 

Arsenal with the usual start :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:23 pm 

Poor Aresnal...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:35 pm 

I've been saying it since mid-ladtbyear til.my face us blue. To shore up the defense that did (the superior coach/manager) emery on pandemic pep (arteta) spammed 2 DMs in the midfield (usually xhaka/Partey, often.xhaka/elneny when party became a permacrock after arriving here( and the HOPE is that one if them would kind of evolve into that box to box CM/#8/midfield-engine role I honestly took for granted during the years of Ramsey and Wilshire.

Partey was a DM when they bought him.but immediately you hear box to box skills and rah rah rah so if they ask him to play CM (run the most on the pitch) go figure he becomes permanently injured for the most part. Plus he was supposed to supplant xhaka but instead they played together. Sometimes you'd sprinkle in Dani ceballos with 1 or both of them but he was generally useless.

When I got into arsenal in 2013 they traditionally bosses possession and rained down chances on opponents, bottling them in the end. That was when we needed to get that aubameyang type player, or even a somewhat better version of Alexis Sanchez. Snachez would run hot and cold and go from carrying the team on his back to being useless dogshit for a month or so, but then in the end easy 20+ goals in all comps arsenal scores their ~70 and concedes 40sonething goals and lime goes on.

Back around 13-16 if they brought in that peak aubameyang or some other 30+ goal threat (aka golden boot PL.candudate) they would have been better, but by the time they even got Alexis everyone was aging, nobody broke thru from the academy,(or if Ashley maitland-niles did he'd be LB/RB instead of his preferred CM) and now after emery (a hire made when I said anyone but arteta at the time. In 2018)

Now the defense gave up 39 goals last year, basically 1 a game... But scored 56, basically 1.5 a game. So many 0-0s and 0-1s and 1-1s and 1-2s buried is to even get the conference league below Europa (7th place spurs got it Flatter a miracle finish on that final Sunday) so arteta did fix the defense in a sense (tho on any given play they can get got like brentford's first goal today came after Calum Chambers desperately tried to avoid a CK by kicking an OOB ball back in... To a Brentford player. One pass a few steps and BOOM 1-Nil.brentford.

At that point I realize a draw is best case scenario cuz you can't count on this arsenal to score two goals)

Now while arteta did the right things by benching bellendo and elneny for Chambers and lokomga, lokomga is a other 21 yo DM who they hope can develop.a forward game into a box to box so, as always undee arteta, two DMs in front of the back 4 behind a 3-1 so today it was balogun (19-20yo kid who came on to a 3-0 type EL game late and scored the 4th. Bumslaying) Emile Smith Rowe (my personal pick for sliding back to CM cuz he has that soongey soft first touch and will drive it forward but he has literally 0 end product) or Saka (for all the hub-bub 5 goals 3 assists in the prem.last year in ~34 total apps or whatever)

So if you have these wonderful creative players who aren't facilitating attacks that bring goals/assists en masse )as everyone acted like Saka had 17 goals 7 assists last year) why not play them deeper to help get the ball up field to attack if they're likely not gonna score anyways? Late last season in a game vs crystal palace Saka started at LB and for the first arsenal goal he did his Ramsey impression and bombed forward on the attack to set up an assist on the 2st goal. 15-25odd mins later he again bombed forward to get a ball and convert it for a goal. So even if he's deeper Saka will get his, so why not use him where his skills can help out all the attackers get the ball in space + rhythm and then set up streaking wingers/strikers (really the same thing at arsenal as they assume if u can #9/striker you can ln go out to a wing and get just as effective)

But then go figure they usually shunt auba out wide and he has 0.0 possession/dribbling/passing skills so the ball often gets swung to him to die...usually laca is #9 pelroper but he's generally underwhelming ever since arsenal bought him.snd was unimpressed and generally made him a supersub I'm his first year or 2 at arsenal?

Today auba or laca might have helped as there were between 5-10 solid to clever crosses into the box where nobody was there to catch em and convert. Maybe we nick.one goal if one or both are on since they at least know how to make striker runs in through the box. Our first real chance came appx 30mins in and balogun did a 360.snd dropped to the deck to end that possession. And speaking of ending possessions peepee has seemingly reverted back to being the guy who does the old Alexis role of 'oh shit nobody is gonna help I gotta do this" so he gets the ball, spins, shake shake shimmy shimmy and by the time he's, done he's ran right into 2-3 defenders who casually take the ball away from him. Balogun tried to imitate this too to arrrgghhhj.

Then with no auba laca la femme nketiah or even willian on the bench it was Reiss Fk'n nelson coming on to do nothing. It was the first time ever I'd legit wanna see nketiah as he had a nice confident quality preseason otherwise when he's on the squad willian is traditionally the first sub on no matter the game situation/circumstances. Utterly maddening.

And watching the midfield struggle so mightily against Brentwood dude we're going to have 0/9pts going into the first into break. Relegation tier. And if we keep Fk'n up and losing to lesser sides (that are better coached/ we could be in for a relegation battle this year.,,)

The only silver lining is my little conspiracy that arteta wanted to show the board what he has without laxa/auba/,proper-RB/CM or 2 and possibly even an all out winger (as arsenal generally deploy strikers out on the wings like "close enough" nevermind auba's pace outs him @ LE where he can't possess/hold-ups/dribble/,create/pass as he's just an iverglorifief poacher (with legit value on a proper team that consistently gives him chances) so c'est labarse, no?
..if things don't change B4 the deadline I'm looking at lower half of the table for sure. Literally anybody can beat us on their day, and now you gotta overpay xfer fees + wages to being in quality players and good luck with that.

And did I mention they're coached by Mikel arteta? This is legit scary and I wonder why I got all hyped to ruin my Friday after work to watch this crap cuz like... Man... 4th place is a trophy is at least way better than for sure midyable cuz there you're the latest kid at every cool kids party .. but at least you got to go to the party and hold on to 1% of What if...? )Without captain Carter lamentably)

So now idk what to say other than I need a shot and a shot of heroin. Good night yall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:59 am 

Ronaldo to United.

City got Graelish and then missed out on Messi and Ronaldo.

Blood money only goes so far I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:03 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ronaldo to United.

City got Graelish and then missed out on Messi and Ronaldo.

Blood money only goes so far I guess.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ManYoo and Citeh