It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Cup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
W_Z wrote:
Saager is having a lot of fun with his I Told You So moment on Qatar. I was ready for it.

But hey, 2026 is gonna be…somethin.

2026 is the SpiralStairs World Cup

Canada
US
Mexico

48 teams, 16 groups of 3, top 2 in the group advance to the knockouts. As a host the US goes into Pot A so their group will be something like the US, Mali, and New Zealand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:47 pm 

We’re talking corruption? How about the NCAA?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:48 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Saager is having a lot of fun with his I Told You So moment on Qatar. I was ready for it.

But hey, 2026 is gonna be…somethin.

2026 is the SpiralStairs World Cup

Canada
US
Mexico

48 teams, 16 groups of 3, top 2 in the group advance to the knockouts. As a host the US goes into Pot A so their group will be something like the US, Mali, and New Zealand.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The NCAA also wishes they could have put the Final Four in Doha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
KDdidit wrote:
Franky T wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
If you didn’t know FIFA was the most corrupt and morally bankrupt organization in the history of the world I don’t know what to tell you.

The Olympics say hi.

How do you feel about the crackdown on free speech? I know you are pretty liberal, will you still watch?

If the Olympics were more corrupt they'd have already taken place in Qatar. The IOC wish they could have received the bribes FIFA did. As part of the bid Qatar said they could still hold it in the summer in 130 degree heat because they had the technology to make artificial clouds and would be able to air condition open air stadiums. FIFA was like, "sounds legit," and took the money. Sure, China totally lied about their snow making capabilities for the last Winter Olympics, but they still had snow.

I'm watching, every big sport is a different kind of cesspool. Sucks for free speech but I enjoy Qatar showing their asses while making FIFA look like shit at the same time. I could have told you the minute they were awarded the WC they wouldn't sell beer, no matter what they agreed to. The Crown Prince of Qatar, or who ever the royal in charge is, is completely gay. Before he took the throne he had a huge party yacht they'd take out into the Gulf with a bunch of dudes in the morning, fish all day and fuck all night.

Glad to see Mac landed on his feet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
if germany and japan wanted to help each other, the japanese would have given the germans the type-90 and type-93 torpedos and the germans would have given the japanese radar and sonar tech.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:11 am 

a few upsets, but risking the whole bankroll on spain at -700.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:58 am 

sad mismatch, too many spots awarded to concacaf. 8 years ago, navas and campbell were hot commodities, today, landon donovan is making fun of both - enough said. bankroll getting close to $2k, not so high on belgium now a days, but friendly odds will compel a big play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:10 pm 

spain romp, 7-0. going to play belgium, also think the over (2.5) is a good play. sticking only with a belgium win. i believe belgium is not as strong as recent times, but canada has too many positions with extremely negative mismatches x belgium. odds are less than 2-1, so belgium it is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:19 pm 

if the world cup jingle went one more chord, i'd think the animals may want to sue. 'it's my life'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:07 pm 

Pretty entertaining game between Canada and Belgium. The Canadians gave Belgium fits the whole first half, can Canada go 90 minutes at that pace?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
enigma wrote:
Pretty entertaining game between Canada and Belgium. The Canadians gave Belgium fits the whole first half, can Canada go 90 minutes at that pace?

It’s been a fun game but Canada looks gassed now.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
enigma wrote:

It’s been a fun game but Canada looks gassed now.

Is this where Canadian fans start chanting, Hockey..Hockey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:01 pm 

You don’t deserve to win if you can’t finish a penalty shot. Both penalty saves have been too easy, not World class saves.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:47 am 

belgium did show us how vulnerable they've become. luckily, only played belgium and not the over. bankroll +$2.6k.

i won't watch the cameroon x switzerland match, but i will make a small play $100 on a draw (+280). i thought petkovic was a super manager, not sure about the swiss brain-trust at a major tournament anymore. don't know much about cameroon, hoping they frustrate the swiss.

never been a fan of uruguay/suarez. lots of fouls, lots of complaining and rough play/low skill that borders dirty. s. korea does nothing for me. here, i will play the under (2.5, -175) for $200.

leaning ghana and catching lightning in a bottle at +750 for the win and definitely brazil, not a fan of 2022 serbia. will wait and see how the early games go before playing ghana & brazil.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 am 

too bad non-athletic cameroon lost to non-athletic switzerland. came back with an easy under uruguay x s. korea.

looks like more money coming in portugal, ghana up to +800. i'm making a play on ghana, $200 to win $1.6k. hoping that dissension has set in on a portugal side that is run by the club-less ronaldo. also like brazil at slightly more than 2-1 over serbia. making a $300 play here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
too bad non-athletic cameroon lost to non-athletic switzerland. came back with an easy under uruguay x s. korea.

looks like more money coming in portugal, ghana up to +800. i'm making a play on ghana, $200 to win $1.6k. hoping that dissension has set in on a portugal side that is run by the club-less ronaldo. also like brazil at slightly more than 2-1 over serbia. making a $300 play here.

I like your style. I see +675 draw no bet live money line for Ghana (money refunded if they tie), which can be parlayed with a Jets win.

Hope Ghana wins so we both do!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:53 am 

i hope you're right....after 45 mins, ghana better stop the suicidal attempts to play the ball out from the back. definitely not the quality of ghana from past times - missing quality in the attacking 1/3. 2 quality balls and ghana would have had 2 good chances, instead we got terrible balls that lead to nothing. portugal look like they are another 20 mins away from pointing fingers at each other and grumbling. ronaldo looks rusty, really should have scored after he out-leapt the ghana defender by a clear 2 feet...poor header.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:01 pm 

oh well, took a ronaldo dive for the match to unravel into a semi-exciting finish. ghana just too sloppy and casual with passes and touches in dangerous areas. lose possession and a totally unorganized defense. don't expect derek rae and the woman commentator to call out individual players, but the portugese centerback make a huge error on ghana's first goal, while ghana's baba with a pathetic attempt to defend on felix goal - the back-breaker.

let's see what brazil can do against serbia. i expect rough play, a few yellows.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
I'm not th
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
oh well, took a ronaldo dive for the match to unravel into a semi-exciting finish. ghana just too sloppy and casual with passes and touches in dangerous areas. lose possession and a totally unorganized defense. don't expect derek rae and the woman commentator to call out individual players, but the portugese centerback make a huge error on ghana's first goal, while ghana's baba with a pathetic attempt to defend on felix goal - the back-breaker.

let's see what brazil can do against serbia. i expect rough play, a few yellows.

Portugal's biggest problem is their defense. Both goals were soft and their goalkeeper is average. They have an embarrassment of riches up front. Leao would probably start for every team in the World Cup outside of Brazil. Shop around for a good nimber but I like the over 3.5 total goals in the Brazil Serbia match. Insane talent on Brazil. Jesus, Martinelli, Antony, and others not starting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:48 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
sad mismatch, too many spots awarded to concacaf. 8 years ago, navas and campbell were hot commodities, today, landon donovan is making fun of both - enough said. bankroll getting close to $2k, not so high on belgium now a days, but friendly odds will compel a big play.

You put 2k on Spain at -700? Not much reward for the risk.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:06 pm 

no, i played $200 on spain. i played much more on belgium - at not even 2-1 odds. if i had lost the spain match, the bankroll would have shrunk to $200. i won spain and belgium. today - lost the draw, got the under, lost ghana. smaller plays, bigger play on brazil at $300.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:38 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

God bless you on Belgium. They were awful.. Martinez needs to replace some of those over the hill players he started against Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:48 pm 

Can Brazil please score this third goal so I can relax?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:01 pm 

That FanDuel promo on the world cup is a moneymaker. Get 2 of 3 right on SGP get your money back on a free bet. Only missed on hitting the parlay or 2 of 3 only once.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:58 am 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

God bless you on Belgium. They were awful.. Martinez needs to replace some of those over the hill players he started against Canada.

no doubt. 2 of the CBs are nearly 70 y/o combined. as i mentioned, i'm not so high on belgium, but favorable odds against the 'babes in the woods' canadians. not that anyone would care, but i try and sum up the reason for my pick in one sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:04 am 

with the bankroll at $2.8k, i'm going to play iran (+300) for the win. i can't believe i'd ever put $$ on iran in football, but here goes. $200 for the win. will also play holland (-140) for $300. took ecuador in the opener, did not like their 2nd half against a weak qatar. now, ecuador will know they're at a world cup.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:20 am 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
I'm not th
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Portugal's biggest problem is their defense. Both goals were soft and their goalkeeper is average. They have an embarrassment of riches up front. Leao would probably start for every team in the World Cup outside of Brazil. Shop around for a good nimber but I like the over 3.5 total goals in the Brazil Serbia match. Insane talent on Brazil. Jesus, Martinelli, Antony, and others not starting.

yes, in the old, old days: brazil x 'the brazil of europe' yugo; i'd say an easy over. now serbia is just serbia and they've had better teams.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 am 

iran makes every world cup and have usually embarrassed themselves, but over time, when you get basically a free invite against the best in the world - you'll eventually get dividends. today's dividend was a weak wales. hennessey was fantastic until his moment that gifted iran the match. +600 for iran's win against the infidels and now the bankroll is at $3.4k.

weak wales also underlines just how the poor the usa was in the 2nd half against wales. the plodding iranians needed hennessey to make saves and hit the post a few times while the usa did nothing against wales in that 2nd half.

i played the dutch to win and if i win that, will likely avoid playing england later today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:15 am 

England 3-1. I don't believe England is as good as their 6-2 score over Iran indicates but I don't think the US defense can keep up with England's front line speed. Maybe Gio Reyna is the missing piece for the US attack. Its certainly not fucking Jordan Morris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next