It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: 2011-12 Season Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 pm 

First weekend's matches in the EPL might be canceled due to the rampant rioting in the UK. Oh noes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Crystal Palace stays in the Carling Cup a little longer after having their game postponed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am 

yeah they've canceled a national match already; it wouldn't surprise me. but it's pretty crazy, all this riot shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 am 

Only one game ended up being canceled: Tottenham-Everton. This match was due to be televised by ESPN Saturday. Also, heard Fernando Torres got concussed during the week and might be out of the lineup for Chelsea. Funny part is that he was going to be benched anyway for his general suckfail performance in training.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am 

is it at everton? if it were at tottenham i could understand since that's where the rioting started, or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 am 

Yeah it was in London. If they canceled a game every time there was street violence in Liverpool...well you get the idea. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 am 

A better start than it looks like they'll have in Spain where the players may go on strike.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:08 pm 

Limp dick effort by Liverpool against Sunderland. Got the Arsenal this weekend in London.

Big brawl in the SuperCup in Spain betwixt Barcelona and Madrid. Mourinho poked some opposing coach in the eye. Barcelona cried woe is us. The self-righteous fucks are some of the biggest divers in football whilst claiming Madrid play dirty (which they do).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Zizou wrote:

Big brawl in the SuperCup in Spain betwixt Barcelona and Madrid. Mourinho poked some opposing coach in the eye. Barcelona cried woe is us. The self-righteous fucks are some of the biggest divers in football whilst claiming Madrid play dirty (which they do).

WTF are you talking about?? Did you even watch the game? Mourinho didn't poke the coach in the eye, he twisted his ear. And Madrid is a fucking goon squad that took cheap shots at Barca all night long. Marcello should be banned for a month for what he did, it was beyond disgraceful.

And lost in all that was the truly brilliant night for the greatest player in the world. A brilliant set up and two stunning goals including the winnner late in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 pm 

shakes wrote:
WTF are you talking about?? Did you even watch the game? Mourinho didn't poke the coach in the eye, he twisted his ear.

?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 pm 

Do you have a link to the actual video? I watched it 3 times and it sure looked like the ear to me. That photo looks like the eye, but doesn't prove anything conclusively since it could very well be afte he twisted his ear and the angle just makes it look like an eye gouge while the coach is pulling away from the initial contact. Or it could be exactly as it appears, an eye gouge. Video footage would settle it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:08 pm 

shakes wrote:
Do you have a link to the actual video? I watched it 3 times and it sure looked like the ear to me. That photo looks like the eye, but doesn't prove anything conclusively since it could very well be afte he twisted his ear and the angle just makes it look like an eye gouge while the coach is pulling away from the initial contact. Or it could be exactly as it appears, an eye gouge. Video footage would settle it.

You're the one who already watched it 3 times.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:57 pm 

Just watched it again on youtube, definitely not an eye gouge. He pinched him, either on the ear or the side of the face.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 am 

Palace mysteriously win 3 out of 4 league games to start the year. Sure it won't last but it's a start.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm 

i have a very bad feeling about blackburn already... :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I have a bad feeling about Chelsea this season...Lack of creativity on offense and bad defense...I cant believe how bad Alex got beat by Shane Long for the West Brom goal today....I dont know what has changed between Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea and Andre Villas-Boas Chelsea.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:04 pm 

kissrules73 wrote:
I have a bad feeling about Chelsea this season...Lack of creativity on offense and bad defense...I cant believe how bad Alex got beat by Shane Long for the West Brom goal today....I dont know what has changed between Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea and Andre Villas-Boas Chelsea.

Unlike last season, this season the players are older than the manager?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
I have a good feeling about Liverpool this year.

And two other things:

1-My annual prediction of doom for Wenger might finally come true

2-Zach-Good Luck, you are really going to need it this season

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am 

Don, don't be pre-mature good buddy. Two games in and to be fair Liverpool hasn't done much to impress me. That match on Saturday looked to be heading to a scoreless draw until Carroll was taken out for Suarez. I know it's too early to call big Andy a flop but man he needs to step up soon. However, I will admit to enjoying the decline of Arsenal and seeing Wenger's ivory tower start to crumble. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 pm 

Arsene's Empire continues its collapse: Nasri moves to Man City. I think the Gunners travel to Man United this weekend. GULP :cry: .

Anyone got DirecTV? Free week of Fox Soccer Plus started on Monday. Channel 621. They even had Liverpool's Carling Cup match on! Plus Rugby. I watched a 34 year old match between the All Blacks and British Lions. Button 48.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I have Directv and I love it...Not only do I have FSC and FSC+, I also get the UEFA Mix channels for the Champopns League and Europa League matches...Access to all of the matches...I believe they are channels 480-488.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:42 am 

Up early this morning and got a couple of matches on the idiot box. Villa-Wolves on ESPN2 where I am listening to Steve Mcmanamanamamananamanamanamanan and Ian Darke exchange playful banter. QPR-Wigan on the Fox Soccer Plus free preview. Later today they will be showing an actual Crystal Palace match on television! I might watch a bit before finding a stream of the Liverpool match on the internet.

So the strike is over in Spain and now there is one in Italy.

A small tidbit of nuggetry from Ireland:

Shamrock Rovers became the first team from Ireland to reach the group stages of any European competition the other night when they advanced to the Europa League group stages. I think many of the players are part timers. Maybe all of them? There was also a very impressive goal scored by the Rovers' Pat Sullivan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMWQXmMkyw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am 

Liverpool looked good yesterday until Carragher's mistake that let in a 90th minute goal. But it was at home against Bolton.

Man United going clinical on Arsenal right now. 6-2 to the Mancs and counting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:16 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Up early this morning and got a couple of matches on the idiot box. Villa-Wolves on ESPN2 where I am listening to Steve Mcmanamanamamananamanamanamanan and Ian Darke exchange playful banter. QPR-Wigan on the Fox Soccer Plus free preview. Later today they will be showing an actual Crystal Palace match on television! I might watch a bit before finding a stream of the Liverpool match on the internet.

So the strike is over in Spain and now there is one in Italy.

A small tidbit of nuggetry from Ireland:

Shamrock Rovers became the first team from Ireland to reach the group stages of any European competition the other night when they advanced to the Europa League group stages. I think many of the players are part timers. Maybe all of them? There was also a very impressive goal scored by the Rovers' Pat Sullivan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMWQXmMkyw

Palace continued the non-losing streak too. Pretty clear City's replaced Arsenal as one of the top 4 EPL clubs.

The Shamrock hoops are a bit hosed since the Irish league plays all summer and will over before the Europa group stage is over.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
KDdidit wrote:
Pretty clear City's replaced Arsenal as one of the top 4 EPL clubs.

Understatement of the year! Man did the gunners look BAAAD. Although I am not sure if it was more of a matter of ManU looking really good?

If Man U beat the Fire 3-1 and Arsenal 8-2, doesn't that mean that the Fire is better than Arsenal?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:18 pm 

Quote:
If Man U beat the Fire 3-1 and Arsenal 8-2, doesn't that mean that the Fire is better than Arsenal?

Yes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 pm 

My boy Clam Mata looked amazing in his debut for Chelsea today. Scored a goal and turned guys inside out with his dribbling from the moment he came into the game.

I call him Clam because I picked him up for my Stoke City team in Pro Evolution Soccer and whenever the announcer says his name it sounds like Clam. And since he scored so much for me I heard his name a lot. Was MVP of the EPL for me. Then I sold him and a few others so I could afford Messi. That's the kind of loyal owner i am.

Anyway, its always fun to see these guys in person after just using them all summer in a video game, and Clam did not disappoint. The EPL is very fortunate to have him in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:08 am 

The Fire won and are now in the US Open Cup final! Oh frabjous day! They'll play Seattle sometime in October.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 am 

I feel all icky everywhere on my body. Fucking Carra. Two weeks in a row he has cost the team a goal. Retire already. I wonder if it's some thing about him being a Liverpool great just like Dalglish was and that's why he continues to get starts. I don't much rate Liverpool's backup defenders, though, and I think the club is reluctant to play Coates right away. And Charlie Adam. For every great set piece he initiates he has 2-3 pure shitfuck passes upfield every match. If this team is going to play 2 defensive midfielders the guy acting as the playmaker (Chuckles Adam) needs a better passing rate. I just hate watching LFC play Stoke. It's this sick combination of a Mourinho/thug/Mancini/bar room brawl style. I knew as soon as Stoke got the goal they would turtle that shit up and play 10 men behind the ball and begin the time-wasting tactics. Last year I felt every man on Stoke's squad was over 6'5 tall. And who do they add in the transfer window? Peter Crouch. :lol: Liverpool still should have won this watch. I think the shots on target ratio difference was 20-3 in LFC's favor.

This league is down to a battle between the Manchesters already. Aguero and Rooney both got hat tricks yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 pm 

Like I said earlier Zizou, he is 36 but plays like 80.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next