It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seven MLS teams were eliminated from the 3rd Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup last night (May 29th). Round three is the round were MLS tam see their first Cup action.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Lamar-Hunt ... n-Cup.aspx

The team that the Fire lost to, the Michigan Bucks, plays in the fourth tier of U.S. Soccer. It would be like a team from League 2 in England beating a Premier League team.

The Bucks are also in the same division as the Chicago Fire Premier Development League team, who lost to the Dayton Dutch Lions in Round 2. Dayton beat the Columbus Crew.

I know we see upsets all the time in the FA Cup but seven in one day...I would think that would be a little embarrassing.

I wold love to see a lower division team win the U.S. Open Cup and advance to the CONCACF Chapuons League.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm 

More Open Cup misery for MLS...Cal FC, who play in the fifth tier for U.S. Soccer, something called United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) got a late goal to make the Portland Timbers the 8th MLS team to lose to a lower division team. The final was 1-0.

The funny part of the story is that the funny part of the story is that the manager of Cal FC is America's favorite soccer analyst Eric Wynalda. His assistant coach is former FOX soccer employee Nick Webster.

Cal FC's reward for the win is a fourth round Cup date in Seattle with the Sounders.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-art ... night.html

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The Minor league Chicago Stingers used to play on a field off Golf & Goebert Roads (Arl. Hts.) about 10-12 years ago. They used to play & beat MLS teams for this Cup on quite a few different occasions. They always played the Chicago MLS entry tough. It used to be fun catching those games.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 pm 

I noticed that along with the Chicago Fire PDL team there is another lower level team, the Chicago Inferno...The Inferno play it's home games at Jack Bean Stadium on the campus on Wheaton College.

On Saturday, the Inferno and the Fire PDL will take part in a doubleheader. At 4:00, the Fire PDL plays the Toronto Lynx and then the Inferno take on Hamilton Rage FC at 7:00.

http://www.Infernosc.com has all the info.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hey,Thanks! I enjoy watching live soccer. The Stingers played like 5 minutes from me. It was cheap and great entertainment.