It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 pm 

FA Cup is Wenger's to lose.

Oh yeah, Jozy didn't make the squad for Sunderland's quarterfinal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
oh man, did anyone else enjoy the death of manchester city yesterday? that was glorious for anyone who hates "citeh" in that you got to see them totally melt down at the hands of barca (who might put up a little more of a fight against buyern if messi doesn't get injured by the CL semis again) and THEN kompany got the red and the UK rags/press do what they do best: start piling on about how city is a total disappointment getting ousted from the FA/CL in the last 4 days and rah rah rah rah rah (even tho they're 3 games in hand / 9pts behind chelsea, i dont see mourinho/chelsea fucking up this premiership this year.... do you?)

so yeah today on talkSPORT/elsewhere is pretty much city post-mortem day. much like we had city coronation day that one time they got 1pt ahead of arsenal in the prem and everyone was rushing to kiss their ass talking about the domestic treble and maybe quadruple and they're so unstoppable and majestic and it took awhile but FINALLY here they are and now the prem is theirs and etc etc..... well now we're at the other side of things. the league/milk cup evidently doesn't count (unless you're swansea or something) and now this year's a total disappointment and let's have a referendum on manuel pellegrini if they don't win the prem because this huge-$$$ team once again went out and failed (and if you wanna get technical, it took a miracle to beat a sleepwalking-manU-team for the prem on goal differential)

...but hey, at least they didn't go out like bitches in the group stage to the point of not even making the europa league like they did last year. they might have been in the "group of death" or whatever, but wasn't arsenal technically in that group this year? and now it's 14 str8 years of advancing out of the CL group stage? yeah man for a right lot of underachievers (supposedly the #4 team in teh world in terms of overall franchise value) arsenal still does pretty OK in the end.

in parting, i leave you with this the most indelible of images from yesterday's reckoning @ camp nou:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
shed no tears...we only care about the Premmy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 pm 

Arsenal does ok in the end? Come on, Lips. They're like the Atlanta Braves when they went to the playoffs all those years. Yeah you win and hang around till the end but you are never truly one of the great teams. Of course, it's better than being a fan of most other clubs. But I'd get annoyed at the lack of deep penetration into the exosphere of football.

RE City: How do they expect to compete in Europe with that back four? Kompany is the only one I'd rate. I would say they have underchieved for the amount of money spent. You guys ever look at some of the money they've paid for absolute wank? For every Aguero type signing there's a Jovetic, Rodwell, or Milner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Zizou wrote:
Arsenal does ok in the end? Come on, Lips. They're like the Atlanta Braves when they went to the playoffs all those years. Yeah you win and hang around till the end but you are never truly one of the great teams. Of course, it's better than being a fan of most other clubs. But I'd get annoyed at the lack of deep penetration into the exosphere of football.

RE City: How do they expect to compete in Europe with that back four? Kompany is the only one I'd rate. I would say they have underchieved for the amount of money spent. You guys ever look at some of the money they've paid for absolute wank? For every Aguero type signing there's a Jovetic, Rodwell, or Milner.

no doubt about it on Citeh. I can't figure out what the heck they're doing half the time with signings.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 pm 

Liverpool and United on Sunday. This is kill shot time. Win at OT and Man U is done. Have fun stormin' the Europa League!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jozy better not score again Palace today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Zizou wrote:
Liverpool and United on Sunday. This is kill shot time. Win at OT and Man U is done. Have fun stormin' the Europa League!

Truth.
:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:09 pm 

"Possession without penetration is masturbation" - ray hudson (in a DC united postgame presser, no less)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:04 pm 

(is it just me or does moyes' perpetual red-eyes always make it look like he's stoned? it'd explain some things...)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 pm 

Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Better than the 4-1 from five years ago.

Isn't this grotesque?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Not surprised at all that Chelsea shite the bed at Villa Park. Would not surprise me if they up chucked their six point lead to either Arsenal, Liverpool or City.

Emotional week this week. Didier Drogba back at the Bridge with Galatasary in the Champions League and then Arsenal comes to Stamford Bridge on Saturday. I have a feeling Mourinho's Premier League home match points streak comes to an end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
kissrules73 wrote:
Not surprised at all that Chelsea shite the bed at Villa Park. Would not surprise me if they up chucked their six point lead to either Arsenal, Liverpool or City.

Emotional week this week. Didier Drogba back at the Bridge with Galatasary in the Champions League and then Arsenal comes to Stamford Bridge on Saturday. I have a feeling Mourinho's Premier League home match points streak comes to an end.

Let's hope so.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 pm 

Moyes sack watch commencing. Reports that he could get canned tomorrow if they bow out to Olympiacos.

I don't believe it. He's a Fergie hire and no way SAF caves this fast on his guy. They say SAF is just one guy on the board but I think he's still swinging his dick around OT, wang-whipping Bobby Charlton and the Glazers. BIG. SCOTTISH. STUDS.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:49 am 

welp i overslept this morning's chelsea/arsenal game by ~28mins of gametime. and yeah. it was 0-3 already and all i got for you is my thought in song. oh yeah, or should i say "yeah yeah yeah"

(someone took town the viva laughlin version =( )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am 

Is the BPL using MLS' replacement refs?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:10 pm 

They all look alike.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 pm 

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/50-things-that-have-happened-since-arsenal-last-won-a-trophy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 am 

good lord man... it's so beautiful to watch suarez off the ball. and it's going to be so much better next year..... when he's playing alongside bale and ronaldo @ real madrid.

SO DID YOU LOT WATCH THE CLASICO?!! good lord that first half was mental. it hearkened that colombia/brazil friendly in early 2013 that was the most open football game i've watched since i started watching footy in 12-13..... messi and friends notwithstanding (did that NU guy live his dream of making $18k/year to be a MLS benchwarmer?) and yeah... fuckin barca man. i was pullin for RM but like, yeah.... just.... wow. what a game. neymar's dive won them that fucker cuz i dont care man i didnt see contact from sergio ramos and i'm not biased cuz i'd prefer RM to win, but i could be wrong cuz i was watching on a phone at the time.

oh yeah and arsenal.... good ol scouser-diddler zizou over here has been slowly turning his anti-arsenal screws cuz there's some catharsis involved when THE BIGGEST TEAM IN EUROPE (any argument/resistance from others? mention your 5 european cups ASAP) strolls past arsenal (again) and this time it looks to be for good cuz arsenal's vs city and then @ everton and oh btw the spuds are only 6pts behind us.

so yeah it's nigh time to tell me about that new suarez deal, zizou..... it's nigh time to tell me he's for sure staying cuz of the CL and rah rah rah.... but lord oh lord i can't wait for the CL to make you guys humble next year. it's going to be appointment television, just like when the scousers visited london.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:27 pm 

Nail in the coffin for Man U today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:28 pm 

Today's Chelsea's match vs Palace is a perfect example of why the Blues won't win the Premiership this season. It seems like they have a tendency to play down to their competition.

Last week, against Arsenal in a match-up of two top-4 teams. Chelsea put six past the Gunners. Today, nothing against 17th-place Palace.

Liverpool can go top of the table with a win or draw against Spurs. I have a feeling if Chelsea loses the lead tomorrow. They won't get it back.

On the bright side, at least they aren't Manchester United.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 pm 

Chelsea has no right to win the league, being the only team to let that fat oaf Altidore score in a league game this year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:47 pm 

Top of the table.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:41 am 

One time champions league contenders Leeds had someone who was just convicted in Italy win his appeal to become owner. Solid work on the fit and proper test English courts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:44 am 

14-15 Watch Leicester City on NBC I guess. Congrats Filbert Foxes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:51 am 

Chelsea goes top of the table until Liverpool smacks the crap out of West Ham later today. Man City has two games in hand on Chelsea. Probably will make a difference.

For Chelsea to win the title. They have to win it outright. They can't tie Liverpool or City. Both have better goal differential.

Heard on the match today that Jose Mourinho has never managed a team that finished outside of the top 2 in any country he managed in (Portugal, England, Italy and Spain).

Hey KD, I saw that Palace is seven points clear of the "drop" zone with six matches left. Looks like the Eagles will be staying up next year. Glad Chelsea could help out.

I wonder what Shad Khan-owned football team is worse, Fulham or the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I have to give former Leeds owner Ken Bates from rescuing Chelsea from almost being evicted from Stamford Bridge.

Just learned Bates paid £1 for Chelsea and got £140m from Roman Abramovich. Sure seems like he is trying to run Leeds United into the ground (even though he do t own the team anymore).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:24 am 

Yeah, Palace look safe, but you never know. Sunderland have 3 games in hand, although Norwich has 4 out of their last 5 against City, Arsenal, Liverpool, and United,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:03 am 

Looks like another Premier League title race is coming down to the wire. Liverpool and Chelsea have 5 matches left and Man City has 7.

Here is a breakdown of the remaining matches

Liverpool - 74 points

(3 Home, 2 Away)

04/13 vs Man City

04/20 @ Norwich

04/27 vs Chelsea

05/05 @ Crystal Palace

05/11 vs Newcastle

Chelsea - 72 points

(2 Home, 3 Away)

04/13 @ Swansea

04/20 vs Sunderland

04/27 @ Liverpool

05/04 vs Norwich

05/11 @ Cardiff

Manchester City - 70 points

(3 Home, 4 Away)

04/13 @ Liverpool

04/16 vs Sunderland

04/21 vs West Bromich Albion

04/27 @ Crystal Palace

05/03 @ Everton

05/07 vs Aston Villa

05/11 vs West Ham United

Should be an interesting final few weeks on the season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next