It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:12 pm 

Went to cottage over the weekend. My old man and I went to a local watering hole and requested the match be put on one of the televisions. Got a weird look but we were drinking so they kept it on the whole time.

I was thinking right up until he scored that Bale had been pretty wasteful the entire match. But he got the goal so I suppose now the transfer was worth it. Ronaldo didn't do much either so he naturally had to make a big spectacle after he scored a meaningless PK. DiMaria played the best. Atletico are lucky no one got sent off. I knew they would lose once Real equalized. And really their goal was just a fuck up by Casillas. Simeone looks like an extra from The Sopranos. Complete disgrace of a manager running on to the field and picking fights with players.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i was at the sox game flummoxed that when the game was on there were so many cellphones in such a compressed area around me that i couldnt get my stream of the game going, i could only stream audio on talksport. of course when i got to the exit ramps and the cellphones per square foot went down i could get the stream and it was right after the go-ahead goal so it was nice to see football triumph over anti-football (tho i've heard ppl call 13-14 atletico "so anti-football they're basically football" so take from that what you want) and i mean, shit, in ~2yrs of watching euro football i've accepted that the best players have to end up at either RM or barca (with buyern trying desperately to nudge their way in there. i mean they had the most depressingly pointless domestic double imaginable this year, right?) and therefore you have to pick one so i picked real madrid and welp, you just roll with it.

can't wait for them to go get suarez and start the scouser tears flowing horrorshow. it's inevitable so you might as well not even fight it because any player good enough will invariably end up at RM/barca and there's nothing you can do about it. even manchester fucking united had to know their place and realize "you dont get a player like cristiano ronaldo for his entire career" when it was time for him to go. at least SAF got that last year out of him.

speaking of, oh well, save it for the muppetry thread, eh? sagna's not even at city yet which is hilariously amazing. there are no journalistic standards in euro football cuz sagna was already done with his medical @ city and kroos was already @ manutd if you believe them.