It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I think that means I'm a Palasian. It beats CP.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:15 am 

Also, my second favorite English team, Forest Green Rovers are in a playoff place in the Vanabananarama Conference. Could be league football next year for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
the bbc just had a quiz of "who said it: arsene or aristotle?"

http://play.bbc.co.uk/play/pen/gr8yqyl8c4

good luck!

also i remember the last time i woke up early on a saturday for an arsenal/liverpool game and uhhh... yeah. that didnt go well. now of course history remembers 1-5 @anfield and forgets that liverpool came back to the emirates the next sunday and lost to a ~B+ arsenal side in the FA cup, but still.... man. we shoulda taken 3pts from liverpool @anfield earlier in the season and suffice to say this could be the death knell for liverpool's top-4 hopes/expectations if arsenal gets 3 here. huge game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:40 am 

HEY LIVERPOOL MASSIVE WHERE YOU AT?!!?

oh yeah that's right, you're like that guy on the RAWK who summed up the first half nicely...

« Reply #27 on: Today at 01:33:19 PM »
At least I can play Bloodborne now.

amen to that. when you have 2015 dogshit form sanchez scoring goals like that on you, man, it's almost like you should have maybe thought twice about having hendo play wingback, eh?

but hey being down 0-3 @ HT will only mean the 2nd half comeback will be that much sweeter. remember when brenton said that you lot could get 2nd after beating city? #yougottabelieve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:34 pm 

That charlie Adam goal was a thing. That wayne rooney goal was a thing. Fuck Chelsea btw.

And btw, it's not like Sanchez's laserbladt of a goal and giroud's were chopped liver. Giroud had the foresight to make his first touch a fake first touch to get a bead left and then 1-2-BLAM!!!!!!!! good god he has been a revelation this year ACTUALLY TAKING SHOTS and he almost had PL season header #5 today.

Signing welbeck when he broke Hus leg/ankle/whatever lit a fire under his ass and when you see the PL scoring leaders having KANE!!!!! and Costa with 19, aguero with 17, and then Alexis and giroud with 14.... Remember giroud missed 2.5-3 months. I'm getting his kit next cuz I live this player.... Yes homo. #HFB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:48 pm 

I'm going to christen you Thomas Wilberforce Toughnuts III, Lord of Arsenal Hipsterdom. Honestly, I hardly watch LFC anymore. I'm more likely to watch the Fire. I probably cared more under the Dogleash and Woy regimes than I do now. It's part of my whole thing where I'm losing interest in all sports. Big grats on another year of CL football. Don't forget to crash out in the Round of 16.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:19 pm 

Zizou wrote:
I'm going to christen you Thomas Wilberforce Toughnuts III, Lord of Arsenal Hipsterdom. Honestly, I hardly watch LFC anymore. I'm more likely to watch the Fire. I probably cared more under the Dogleash and Woy regimes than I do now. It's part of my whole thing where I'm losing interest in all sports. Big grats on another year of CL football. Don't forget to crash out in the Round of 16.

this supports my observation that many liverpool fans are frontrunners. arsenal hipster or otherwise i realize that liking arsenal is akin to paying a chick to not fuck you, but i don't let it get to me as sports really aren't about winning as much as they're about hanging out and shooting the shit and escaping for a few hours.

but hey let's put all of our differences aside for a minute and have a well deserved laugh at manchester city? what in the actual fuck happened yesterday? i'm honestly asking cuz i was busy watching baseball and all that so it's only today i check the mail and they're talking about 5 THINGS WRONG WITH CITY and i'm like "no way.... no freaking way!!!!" and idk if it was as dramatic as Crystanbul and..... oh wait, shit, sorry again man you know FUCK what the hell is wrong with me? i need to be supportive in these trying times and remember my place as an arsenal hipster and remember that one day you'll be like YEAH YOU HAVE IT SO BAD MAKING THE CL EVERY YEAR and then the next day you'll make fun of me like LOL ENJOY YOUR OBLIGATORY ROUND OF 16 KNOCKOUT!

go figure you lot show up for the first time in years and drawing RM wasn't the problem, it was those tricky ties with basel..... or was it besitkas? i get those mixed up.

anyways give sterling a nice spit-shine before he possibly comes over here cuz his potential destinations don't match his ambitions because he's leading teams into brick walls at the europa league round of 32.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:17 pm 

Palace continued their thrashing of everybody by beating City, weird.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 am 

welp, since i'm evidently one of the few people around here who actually watches liverpool, allow me to tell you that they've got a big tilt in blackburn tonight as the FA cup quarterfinal replay leaves the magic of the kop to head to..... fuck i dont know a goddamn thing about blackburn other than that they beat arsenal at some crucial point a few years ago.

naturally, as an arsenal hipster i expect liverpool to carry the day and make it to the FA cup finals where the shit goes down in stevie g's final game..... against reading! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 am 

WZ is a Blackburn Fan, thanks to my decades plus playing of Championship/Football Manager I know they play at Ewood Park and won the EPL at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:43 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:29 pm 

hahahahahhahahaha don't be a stranger, rpb!

...and yeah the stage has been set for stevie g's final hollywood pass to, well, hollywood after he wins the FA cup against reading. stay tuned true believers!

(we are assuming all the prayers and ritual sacrifices from/by scousers to avoid another meeting with arsenal will work because you remember that religious thing footsteps? #YNWA? duh. only god and real madrid have more european cups!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:41 am 

Well hey enough of bored/yenta BS, its time for some real sport!

- Harry Kane is forcing it and NOT feeling it today so tactics tim is up in the Sherwood derby AFAIK.

- dortmund isn't LOLbad, its really kinda sad.

- Real Madrid and Buyern Munich continue to compete for the title of "Football Death Star"

- Barca Later

- oh yeah and it's Lee Dixon derby day @ turf moor? Wtf do they call that place again? Arsenal better not blow it.

In honor of part time poster and likely part time arsenal fan sjboyd0137 (he was the guy in the maroon arsenal kit in the infamous FUCK YOU BAGMAN!!!!! pic right?) I busted out the BENTLEY/37 for today's festivities! Let's do this!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:09 pm 

Yannick Bolaise with the first ever Palace EPL hat trick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:40 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Yannick Bolaise with the first ever Palace EPL hat trick.

why do i have a sinking feeling that yaya sanogo won't give us the second ever Palace EPL hat trick? does he even play for you guys? i remember he looked the part so much here but he was pretty much kind of functionally retarded so you ended up saying things like "hey in the FA cup final he sure was disruptive in the box!"

congrats on the nice game today dude.... i think pardew is back home in many ways and i'm glad to see you guys hanging around midtable for once!

btw, did i not call it when i said i hope that arsenal don't blow it? burnley came to play today, but holy shit that was just like.... take the 3 and roll on. NBCSN is keen to show us how close we are to chelsea, but they have 2 games on us. blow one tomorrow at lofuts road (QPR) and we'll talk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:29 am 

disclaimer: i didn't expect nor will i expect arsenal to have realistic title hopes. THAT SAID....

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCKIN CHELSEA MAN

they're just begging to drop points, and even tho you knew they weren't gonna pull out the victory til the last 10-15mins, it's still kinda fucking ARGHHHDALFJHAFKLHFHFHAS; when it's in the last 3 mins of regulation..... and of course it's cesc just cuz you know god has to wink at arsenal fans.

anyways it's time for the manchester derby, and you know, this would be a prime chance for united to step on city and push them down in the CL-qualifiers muck. i was saying a few months ago that idk what city really had to play for once it was established that they're out of the league/FA cups and the CL and, as always, we all presume this league is chelsea's to lose..... and hey whaddya know RPB's image don't lie like shakira's hips and now the oldest team in the prem (look it up) has to deal with a team that's been moonlighting with fellaini as a #10, tho NBCSN assures me it's a 4-3-3 out there today.

we'll see what happens cuz unless you're gonna say "i'm having a serie A afternoon" (and juve played yesterday) euro football kinda shot its wad yesterday pretty much outside of chelsea/manc-derby.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:05 pm 

Lots of old men on that City roster. It really showed on the weekend. Looks like they have quit on Pellegrini. I can't believe Fellaini has turned into a top side PL player. Yaya Toure was invisible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 am 

Yeah pellegrini looks old and lost and like his body is developing cataracts as a defense/coping mechsmanusm. I'd say "poor guy" but hey I bet you he could bathe in the tears of a hundred janitors every night if he wanted to pony up the dough.

Arsenal has now managed two consecutive games where they won but it felt like they lost to purportedly vastly/inferior opponents. Perhaps there's something to he said about "the magic of the FA cup" (usually "this pitch sucks" when a real team has to go play at Blackpool or something, and speaking of holy shit have you read about their owners going full Nazi on pensioners who made Facebook posts they don't like? Caller Bobs isn't a strong enough word sometimes...)

AHEM. Yeah so maybe there's something to be said about these middling championship sides having their super bowl against the likes of arsenal @ Wembley (lest we forget there's a whole caliber of sides who consider playing any match @ Wembley a big fucking deal) or maybe arsenal's truly the same old arsenal and without a huerliho gomes flashback today it goes to pens and then who the fuck knows? Fuckall at that point.. At least arsenal wasn't still bombing forward trying to put on a barnstorming show when they had a lead to protect (see vs Anderlecht in the CL)

AND NOW TODAY [DRUM ROLL] "TACTICS TIM" SHERWOOD AND THE BOYS.... AND BENTEKKERS BATTLE THE ENVELOPE PUSHER BRENTON AND HIS CL/EL-TESTED SIDE FOR THE RIGHT TO COMPLETELY OUTPLAY ARSENAL IN THE FA CUP FINAL!

note I didn't say "win" because hey, arsenal has lost games where they seriously outclassed their opponents for 95%+ of the game (Monaco) and they've won some games they had no business winning (burnley, reading)

I want it to be Liverpool because that'd just be so damn fun to once again have the media (with their divinely-mandated 1/+ scousers per pundit panel rule) portray arsenal as the bad guys seeking to ruin Stevie g's Hollywood ending as seeks his hollywood beginning via a Hollywood pass to Hollywood! Shades of the post-hillsbrough double denial via arsenal winning the league @anfield via that late late goal that only could be possible with THE MAGIC OF THE KOP!

good luck guys... See you in a month or so!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Why do you fucking hate on Liverpool so much?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:

I'm occasionally mystified by this as well, unless sini is reaching to the RAWK type fans. Their holier-than-thou mentality is grating. And did you know about Hillsborough? Well, we'll remind you constantly. I don't think any LFC fans on here carry themselves in such a way. I might joke about this being "Liverpool's year" every so often but that's just mocking the average blowass on RAWK. I think sini is just sensitive about his Arsenal hipsterdom.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:00 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:

1) they're liverpool. #YNWA? sure. but also #YNHA (you'll never hate alone) because odds are your contemporaries have had some run-ins with those frontrunning digital/scousers and well, i mean, yeah the RAWK is a special place, as in licking the window whilst helmeted on the short bus of life special, but that place doesn't invoke hate as much as it invokes pure hilarity cuz i mean just check out @RAWK_meltdown on twitter and you'll see what i mean.

2) here it's kind of that default anti-establishment thing i have where there's a good # of liverpool heads here so i'm just "bringing the bantz" or whatever you wanna call it. hey man i'm tommy mctoughnuts arsenal plastic du jour or whatever cuz when i got into this sport and followed my gut to go with this team that was so beautifully pathetic when i watched the urgency-free/handbrake-enabled loss @ norwich city in 12-13 i started watching every damn game win or lose meaningful or not and now i know about them, i have thoughts about them, and hey i've got DA FIRE AND DA PASHIN because now i've been watching this lot for 2 seasons straight and it's become just about my favorite time of the week cuz it's a great sport and it's a great team (not great in the victorious sense necessarily, but great in teh entertainment/drama/media senses) and most of all: it's a great time. go figure there's an #arsenal on IRC and there's /arse/ on 4chan to aggregate all of the up to the minute arsenal news and happenings and give it to me in one place (otherwise i mostly hang out on a united board of all places) and i mean.... after you get entrenched you've got your arsenal people who are there to commiserate with you thought the highs the lows and the 6 packs, whether that's goals against or the beers you're drinking to cope with yet another adventure in bed-shittery. it's great fun. tomorrow morning at 10am i'm going to be beyond comfortable with my coffee and pastry and cigarettes and see if we can break through that parked bus blocking the path to nowhere.

so hey if i'm plastic at least i'm recyclable and i'm overall not having an adverse effect on the environment, which is more than i can say for liverpool fans who used to blaze a trail of destruction through europe in the 70s/80s which ended up getting england banned from european competition for 4-5 years or whatever.

and it's pretty hard to be a frontrunner when your team is never in front. *shrug*

3) i don't really HATE liverpool as much as i love to poke fun at them. see the beginning of #2 where it's just like, man, yeah i was babbling up a storm earlier on here, but when you see the liverpool fans here making their own threads just like on IRC they had to make their own soccer channel and stuff, you know? .....you know?

ah well in the end we're all fans of the same beautiful game and tell you what liverpool massive, let's all have a meetup for the FA cup final and i'll buy you guys a few rounds as we see if stevie G can get his proper hollywood ending before he goes off to lalaland.... it'll be a great time because whether you're a liverpool fan or whether you're an arsenal plastic, one thing we can all agree on is there's nothing quite like the magic of an FA cup final. who's down?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I would, but I live in Wisconsin.
:(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:00 pm 

btw what i was referencing in my 2nd to last post was 88/89 where arsenal went to anfield in the last match of the season and needed to win 2-0 (or 3-1 4-2 or by 2) to win the championship (liverpool had already won the FA cup, so they were looking for the double) and hillsbrough had just happened weeks b4, and while i cant find it on youtube i've seen some of the pregame TV coverage where it was basically like a coronation for liverpool, arsenal hadn't won there since 74/75 and it was going to be some feelgood crap cuz you know, justice for the 96 and all that... and only arsenal could fuck it all up.

....and fuck it all up they did with that glorious goal in the waning minute/s and hey, shit, before "one night in instabul" there was a movie called "fever pitch" that covers that cuz the older-school arsenal fans in the world can tell you that 26/5/89 was the greatest night in arsenal history and all of that.

you can get a taste of what i'm talking about in this tv coverage of the first half of the match. the pundits on tv were all aglow about liverpool and when they got to arsenal they were basically like "well highbury's pitch is shit so maybe they'll enjoy playing on the beautiful anfield carpet" and just.... you know, it was fated to go another way but i'll be damned if everything didn't come up milhouse that night.

so i reckon the big story woulda been the end of the stevie G era, THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE, etc etc. it very well could have been a coronation for the guy and arsenal would have been the undesirables who messed up the proper hollywood ending had they had the audacity to repeat as FA cup winners. but hey, agent sherwood is a gunner and he has one more job to do for the greater good! make it so!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 pm 

oh yeah and chelsea's prolly gonna find a way to kick our shit in tomorrow. but hey it doesnt matter cuz at this point as long as >we don't end up having to play a CL qualifier i'm all good with the PL.