It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Champions League 2014-15
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 pm 

Draw was today. Chelsea got a cake walk. Arsenal less so. Liverpool got Madrid but I think they might get out. City got fucked again drawing Munich, Roma, and CSKA Moscow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hey at least they didn't draw Shaktar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 pm 

Gerrard kinda needs to play less...and that right soon. This team is so toothless. And Rodgers has bought tons of absolute wank in the transfer market. None of his signings are worthy of a CL team outside of Sturridge. Madrid will walk all over this team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
NOW BACK IN FASHION FOR 2014-15!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Fuckin Liverpool.
:x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm 

Hopefully they can beat out Ludogorets to get 3rd place and get into the UEFA Cup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:50 pm 

Wow, was that shit dismal. It could have been worse but Madrid put the brakes on in the second half since they had the match with Barca on Saturday.

Ludogorets beat Basel so Liverpool still has a chance of getting pummeled in the Round of 16.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm 

Fuckin' Liverpool can't beat Basel at Anfield?
They gone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:35 pm 

Knockout stage starts tomorrow. Only one team from Italy left. Kind of a shock to see both Milan teams are mid-table dross. When I first started following soccer about 10 years ago Serie A was the tits. And now it's just Juventus and the field.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
From what I have been reading is that PSG might be w/o 4 of their top players tomorrow against Chelsea. Why do I see Chelsea struggling to get a win tomorrow in Paris.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 am 

Zizou wrote:
Knockout stage starts tomorrow. Only one team from Italy left. Kind of a shock to see both Milan teams are mid-table dross. When I first started following soccer about 10 years ago Serie A was the tits. And now it's just Juventus and the field.

and how is the bundesliga any different with buyern? dortmund has fallen off rather prodigiously this year and ummm.... wolfsburg? ok then. isn't la liga the same thing except you have 2 for sure teams and atl madrid when they're arsed for a few years at a time? is the eredivise ajax and the field? hell we could technically argue the premier league has been manchester united and the field since its inception. *shrug*

i've been irrationally praying for a monaco/porto-or-basel bridge to the semis for arsenal. their form has been nice lately and i'm actually glad they've got a dragon to slay in going to old trafford on march 7th or something for the FA cup. getting a big win there against a manutd team that IIRC they havent beaten since van persie went there, yeah, that'll set you up for whatever comes down the pike assuming you can get past monaco. arsenal is a bunch of mental/midgets... and sanchez now (though he is a midget, just not a mental midget). so we need all the feelgood shit we can get.

conversely go and get 0-4'd at OT and then maybe you blow the second leg of monaco in march and then all hell breaks loose. maybe england's euro2016 win will show that it was truly god's plan for arsenal to miss the CL for 15-16 so spurs could get harry kane into the tournament that he deserves, and then that experience sets him up for the world stage where he then becomes the #1 scorer of euro2016. this is turning into a direcTV commercial, isn't it?

but all this could be scuppered by arsenal doing what they do, and that's getting eliminated from the CL right about now, maybe even the FA cup too, then it's balls out "oh shit" time to get the damn 4th place trophy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:39 pm 

Great goal by the Chelsea back 4 as Terry passed to Cahill and Ivanovic put it in the back of the net. Ivanovic has 7 goals in the UCL.

HT Chelsea 1, PSG 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:44 pm 

Germany has three clubs in the knockouts: Munich, Leverkusen, and Schalke. That's all I'm saying.

Now that it's 1-0, I expect full turtle by Mou.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 am 

Saw that coming...I figured Chelsea's D would crap the bed and PSG would equalize.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:53 pm 

>Schalke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:19 pm 

Courtois bailed Terry out a bunch against PSG. I think JT is past it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:33 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Courtois bailed Terry out a bunch against PSG. I think JT is past it.

I agree and would also add Gary Cahill to this list as well I think it is time for Mourinho to replace the 2 CB's. Kurt Zouma is already in the pipeline. Heard rumors Chelsea is trying to bring Raphel Varane from Real Madrid to Stamford Bridge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 am 

if arsenal loses to monaco in the RO16 i swear to god i'm going to inflict bodily harm upon myself. they've had such oft-compelling form this might be their one goofy year to have a shot, which hey i think you liverpool fans that comprise the rest of the board's non-MLS soccer hipsterdom can all relate to.

fuck didnt they make a movie called "one night in instanbul" or something? #YNWA for sure.

then, see idk if the next round is a re-draw or if arsenal would face one of two opponents... but if there's another draw i hope to god we get that basel-or-porto-bridge to the semis. preferably basel... cuz i meanb holy shit if you can't handle basel then you dont belong in the champions league!

oh wait a second.... too soon?

ah dont worry this is the year arsenal finishes 5th/6th so you'll be back next year.

SIGNED,

THE LAST 17 YEARS OF ARSENAL FOOTBALL IN EUROPE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:22 pm 

arsenal has that ~17 consecutive years of CL football thing going on, right? well i think i heard today that now in their last 6 CL round of 16 matches they leave the first leg with a deficit.

this one really sucked.... they came out of the gate looking the better side and didn't convert any chances, owing to danny welbeck being danny welbeck and giroud picking a rather unfortunate time to revert from the nice form he'd been having lately. he botched a couple of finishes that could have put them up, a header, and eventually was pulled for wALCOTT.

meanwhile, after a torrid first 5mins and a slower first half monaco got their inevitable goal on a counter when kongdobia blasted one right off of per mertesacker that ricocheted over GK david ospina's head.... and hey he not only has more money than me and a way hotter wife, but i like to think i could at least have flailed some hands up just in case. it never hurts. try it sometime, david!

ok then, you go to the half down 0-1 to a team that you've managed look like a completely superior side to. in the second half they're more prone to grabbing and holding possesion meanwhile as time goes on you're getting less and less chances to miss your decent-to-quality chances, and then especially after berbatov doesn't miss on another counter and the deficit is 0-2 that's when the attackers start getting skittish and basically shit themselves around monaco's box and turn into turnover machines.

so after any hopes of pulling another @everton from earlier this season were dashed as the 60's became the 70's became the 80;s, you eventually bring in alex oxlade chamberlain who blasts home a goal to make it 1-2 with about ~3-4mins left in stoppage time. jolly good show at least you got that back, right? then approaching the last minute of stoppage time you're up by their box, ox shits himself and loses possession which turns into another counter/break where once again, monaco converted their opportunity to send you packing 1-3 heading into teh 2nd/away leg of the CL round of 16.

for all the joking around oif the monaco/basel-to-porto bridge i made summed up by adrian durham building up to troll arsenal fandom by proclaiming "why not arsenal to win the CL this year?" in the last hour or two b4 the match on talksport (greeted by ~15+ calls that all said NO WAY IN HELL THEY WIN THE CL), i dont think it's really a shock to the system that arsenal's not going to win the CL barring damn-near-divine-intervention, it's just kind of like when switch gets her plug pulled in the matrix and her final words are "not like this.... not like this" * keels over and dies * --- i reckon it's something similar to that.

if last season taught me anything it's that you're subject to a few proper arsenal-bedshittings per year... and while last year's were spectacular to the tune of a 1-5 @anfield, an 0-6 @stamford bridge, a 3-6@etihad, and then of course a couple of losses to the worst manunited side since zubaz were worn uninronically, and hey now you know if you wanna sau fighting back for a road draw @leicester city and @everton in the early season combined with the loss @white hart lane recently and even @stoke and @southampton, well there have been some proper bedshittings.... i just don't know if they're quite as worthy as being a big part of BT sport's ad campaign for the 15-16 season when they say to watch the "unbelieveable" modments where arsenal loses 1-5 or 0-6 against the #2/3 teams in the prem.

so yeah.... this sucks, but really i was just hoping for some positive momentim into vs everton @QPR before that FA cup match @OT in a couple'a weekends' time. that's a legit dragon to slay for arsenal, and while the CL is most likely what the spanglish call "el fuckedo".... hey, handle biz in the FA cup and get your 4th place trophy and live to shit the bed another day. that's the arsenal legacy of the last 10 years, and hey not winning in europe is their legacy since the days of the intercities-fairs cup or whatever that one flukey thing they won was.

it, nor anything else in existence, is as cherished as, say, having 5 european cups. but hey you got the movie this year about the 10 year anniversary of something special, and if we're on a board where cubs fans are gonna make fun of sox fans re: 10 year anniversaries, well hey now, how many euro cups have any chicago team ever won? eh? EH?!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:48 pm 

I didn't watch it but wow. I mean, come on? Monaco scored like 3 goals in the group stages.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 pm 

I watched it out of the corner of my eye.
Warren Barton said the Gunners simply didn't show up. Players fault.
Alexi Lalas said it was on Arsene. 11 guys with 11 different ideas....Needed a united front. Manager's fault.
Wynalda said Monaco is a good team and why is anyone surprised about the outcome? AS Monaco was better today.
Paraphrased.
Sorry Sini.
If Liverpool lose in Turkey tomorrow, they'll have less than 72 hours to recover for Citeh on the early Sunday game.
Good luck with that.
Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 am 

there's no need for "sorry sini" in any way shape or form, as this is what happens with arsenal, who i've recently likened being a fan of to "masturbating in a whorehouse."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 pm 

Haha Chelsea you diving shit crybabies. Only a team full of jags like Costa, Terry, Oscar etc can make you cheer for a team of Qatari Oil mercenaries, although Zlatan is awesome.

#daretozlatan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 pm 

Saw Bono in the crowd at around the 80th minute in Monaco.
8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:37 pm 

Fuckin' Citeh.
:evil:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:55 pm 

English teams crash out early again. Rumor is that Man City is doing a total clear out this summer; manager and players. I expected more from Chelsea, especially after that bullshit red to Zlatan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:30 am 

Zizou wrote:
English teams crash out early again. Rumor is that Man City is doing a total clear out this summer; manager and players. I expected more from Chelsea, especially after that bullshit red to Zlatan.

yeah the daily mail ran a thing about how city had only changed something like ~2 players from their starting XI during 11-12 all the way up to now, and if you didnt formally know this they entered the season as the oldest team in the prem as it was.

but hey city is what city is.... you know why you go there. you go there so, example, you can take a guy like bacary sagna who was a starter at arsenal at 90k/week and pay him ~150+k/week to ride the bench. when you've got a mercenary squad this kind of stuff is going to happen, and yes i understand that they've had consistency in their squad for years but their squad is by and large made up of people who took the $$$ and run, save someone like yaya toure who wasn't being utilized to his full potential @ barca, but of course the money NEVER hurts.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm 

Bayern is getting REKT by Barcelona. Hoping Juventus wins tomorrow. I'm getting sick of these same league CL finals.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:22 am 

on a more somber note, once again the UEFA champions league is a....

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:54 am 

The final isn't until June 6th. The fuck is this shit? I was half-erect thinking I'd be able to go from the Champions League final to the Hawks' game 7 on Saturday.