All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Well that Palace game ruined my day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Losing to a MLS reject, shameful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:52 pm 

Petitioning that this thread be subtitled "James Milner is the best singing of the last decade."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Haven't watched it yet but I noticed that yesterday's edition of "Premier League Download on NBCSN is about Crystal Palace.

I'm wondering if Roger Bennett is visiting every Premier League team this season

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:19 am 

I do not care for the voice, mannerisms, or looks of Roger Bennett. He is a little wanker. Davies is alright but Bennett is a guy I feel like bitchslapping.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I watched it, it was pretty good. More focus on fans, and how the team went from near liquidation to where they are today. Lots of stuff about their bald eagle and the Crystals.

Rog is on the screen for a minimum amount of time for those of you who don't like him. Personally, I am highly amused by his schtick on MIB where he is playing to the camera the whole time.

...Also, my son loves the show's theme music.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
OK, obviously arsenal is fucked (and this ~3+ month cazorla injury alongside the ???week sanchez injury to go with the ???week/month coquelin injury = you have the excuse to blow the CL group stage (once again] and the season now. c'est la vie) and things are looking up in the merseyside for THE MOST DECORATED SIDE IN ENGLAND, but as we all start to get our spmack on and rationalize the "Would." for kult kloppo (let alone give him kudos for at least getting the side to tryhard and outrun everyone in terms of km covered in a game) let's take a look back at april 2009 back when the LFC faithful were really bullish about another legendary coach who gets fans in a tizzy, and that's even possible when you just submit the lineups...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=241351.0

I am sorry, Mr Ferguson...
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »

This season has been a fantastic one for me as a Liverpool supporter. I couldn’t have enjoyed everything about it any more. Everything from beating United 4-1, or drawing with stoke City 0-0, to 4 all thrillers with Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. It’s been absolutely fantastic and I’ve loved every single minute of the ups and downs on the pitch.

What’s really stirred me though, what has made me so buoyant about my club, world football and particularly about our future, is the signs this season holds in clear view, in flashing red and white lights for everybody involved in top flight football and indeed for the world to see. What has particularly has fascinated me, has been Mr Ferguson’s reaction.

Before I go on however, I’m still looking no further than the remainder of this season. There’s still so much to play for. It’s unlikely that we will win the title, and yes we know how we love nothing more than to achieve the impossible, but I didn’t expect us to come even this far at the beginning of September. It’s another reason about my joy with this season – I knew it was possible we could do this well, but because I didn’t expect it to be the case makes it much the sweeter. The same way I don’t expect us to win the title, but that’s certainly not to say we aren’t capable of it, I know we are.

And that’s the reason I refuse to lose belief. We may well come off second best but by fuck do I want to go down without a fight to the death. We are not going to win fuck all unless we fucking want it. We need to absolutely steam roll anyone who stands in our way until it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch it. Put the pressure on the neighbours down the road. That’s the only way they will buckle, if we force them too. Giving up the title now would be like handing it them on a plate. Fuck….that.

It really will blow one last warning into United’s face for next season, finishing strong this time round. It sends a message loud and clear that we are capable of fighting until the bitter, bitter end, and that’s what they will be up against next season. Not only will Rafa, the players, staff and fans be ferociously snarling and seething at the mouth come September, but United and Fergie will be fully aware that we are psychologically tough and determined enough to throw a full assault at the title next season. Not only that, but Rafa has the summer time to analyse and tinker with this already extremely strong squad; just a few minor adjustments to really let the shackles off.

Mr Ferguson is all too aware of this threat, and this season his ears have pricked and he’s started barking. He and Rafa have never been, how do you say…? As thick as thieves - you could almost taste a strong disliking to one another. Rafa came here as we became his project. The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.

And how Mr Fergoson disapproves. The media coverage this season between the two has riled me, humoured me, and caused endless debates between me and my mates. As much as it has caused mixed emotions and discussions, it’s intrigued me. It’s fantastic to see Fergie so wound up. He’s rattled alright, big time.

He knows full well that the pressure is on this season. If we carry on the way we have been with the run in we’ve got, he knows we will not stop rampaging through games until the race is done and dusted. He’s spoken out a lot this season, in his usual manner, lacking in discretion, and a full on approach. That’s how he works when his back is up, and it’s held him in good stead for a number of years. Rafa however, is subtle and mischievous in his handling of the media, making his point clear but giving nothing away. Never would you see the man sinking to the desperate lows of calling up his mate and saying “look how Mr Ferguson has disgraced you”. Rafa isn’t here to make friends in the right places and manipulate people, he’s here to fight one on one with whoever stands in his way of dominance.

It is clear Mr Ferguson isn’t just scared of throwing this season away. He’s scared of being knocked off his perch in the long term. The wrath he will face next season as we pounce towards his jugular while he’s still barking away has him massively concerned. That’s why he is barking just so loudly while we stare and snarl with intent. It’s one last desperate attempt to scare off Benitez. One last throw of the dice before the fight threatens his superiority.

Well I’m sorry Mr Ferguson, although I’m not all that apologetic about it. But we are obsessed with that title. We might not win this battle, but the war is just beginning. You’d have to agree though, Mr Ferguson, that surely the war can’t go on all that long? You are an aging dog I’m afraid, Sir. You have to ask yourself the question Mr Ferguson, have you got enough fight in you to compete for the long haul? To finally put United’s name above Liverpool’s? And even if you do somehow manage that Mr Ferguson, how long will it last, given your age? One season? It’s hardly putting Manchester United in a league of their own, in the grand sceme, Mr Ferguson. If I might be so bold.

Even if we don’t win fuck all this season ladies and gentleman. We will not fall to pieces. Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about it.

---

btw, the next season liverpool finished 7th in the prem, crapped out of the CL in the group stages (and made it to the EL semis b4 losing on an away goal not scored) and made pretty damn quick exits in the FA/league cups. AND I DO APOLOGIZE MR FERGUSON, BUT THERE WAS FUCK ALL YOU COULD HAVE DONE ABOUT IT! =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:22 pm 

Lolsea gonna Lolsea.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:50 pm 

Hopefully they get relegated. Too bad Jose would be gone by then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Mourinho officially sacked...fucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIQSEq6tEVs

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/12/17/ ... y-chelsea/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:49 pm 

Arsenal top of the table in January! Not an Arsenal knock, per se, but does anyone else feel the EPL has taken the gas pipe? The football quality is really down. It's not as fun for me as it used to be. I like seeing different teams in the mix for top spots but I feel a lot of flavor and personality is gone from the league. And none of these teams have a prayer of winning the Champions League any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Arrenello's in Glenwood, IL
Aston villa won a game! :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Arsenal top of the table in January! Not an Arsenal knock, per se, but does anyone else feel the EPL has taken the gas pipe? The football quality is really down. It's not as fun for me as it used to be. I like seeing different teams in the mix for top spots but I feel a lot of flavor and personality is gone from the league. And none of these teams have a prayer of winning the Champions League any time soon.

I think of it more like the culture shock of seeing Chelsea playing so poorly, coupled with Leicester near the top of the table.

I'll take an Arsenal championship this year...or any year for that matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:30 pm 

Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:

Fuckin Palace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Newcastle ties with Man U. A wonderful new low for my mortal enemies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:48 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:

Fuckin Palace

No crap. Pardew looked like he was ready to murder someone at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:01 pm 

Helluva match going on at Anfield right now. Archie in Arlington Heights, your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:24 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:

Fuckin Palace

I think my Villa are still going down though. They play scared all of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 pm 

This Leicester City thing is probably going to happen. They will at least get a Champions League spot. They dominated City last weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 pm 

Wheels are quickly falling off for Palace. That's what they get for not following the script of starting like crap, firing the manager around Christmas, and then having a second half resurgence.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:59 am 

Good job, good effort Arsenal!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:41 pm 

Good job, good effort Arsenal, City, and Spurs!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:54 am 

Larry Ellison in "advanced talks" to buy Aston Villa.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/21 ... ton_villa/

Quote:
Larry Ellison is rumoured to be mulling a substantial cash injection into a foundering business which has seen itself unable to compete in recent years with more powerful rivals.

No, not Oracle, but Aston Villa, according to the the word on the street and in The Sun, which says that a Brit consortium linked to the US enterprise software firm that is said to be in talks with Randy Lerner, owner of the football club.

I'm not sure yet if this is a good or bad thing...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 am 

Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:
Larry Ellison in "advanced talks" to buy Aston Villa.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/21 ... ton_villa/

Quote:
Larry Ellison is rumoured to be mulling a substantial cash injection into a foundering business which has seen itself unable to compete in recent years with more powerful rivals.

No, not Oracle, but Aston Villa, according to the the word on the street and in The Sun, which says that a Brit consortium linked to the US enterprise software firm that is said to be in talks with Randy Lerner, owner of the football club.

I'm not sure yet if this is a good or bad thing...

Can't be any worse than Randy Lerner...

I mean, hell, Villa has been middling for so long, I was absolutely shocked that they haven't played in the 2nd division since 88...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:01 pm 

Holy moley, Palace in the FA Cup final against ManU. They'll be playing international friendlies at Soldier Field in no time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Holy moley, Palace in the FA Cup final against ManU. They'll be playing international friendlies at Soldier Field in no time.

And in Philly.
I'm watching the final with our friends who are ManU fans. so that will be fun, hopefully.