It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 am 

Not looking good for Monsieur Wenger and they haven't played Munich yet! English clubs overall have been shitting the bed in Europe for years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
realistically what does getting out of the group do for arsenal? 2 more games where they're effectively dead by halftime of the first?

yesterday was just perfectly arsenal. after a wonder-deflection gets you down 0-1, theo comes back and equalizes within a few mins to make it 1-1 (just like he did @leicester on saturday). then of course you concede on a goalie save (???), only to emphatically come back and get an emphatically beautiful goal circa 65' to tie the game and give you all the momentum going forward....

so OF COURSE the first chance your defense gets it will fuck it up and go behind 3-2. mental midgets really.... but hey for all i know they'll go take 4+pts from buyern and then go blow this in the last round or two..... either that or they'll pull a city and get their usual round of 16 ouster. or play on thursdays. or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:41 pm 

Hope Wenger has his angus peppered for tomorrow. First of back-to-back matches against Munich. Guardiola's going in dry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Hope Wenger has his angus peppered for tomorrow. First of back-to-back matches against Munich. Guardiola's going in dry.

you know man, listening to the tuesday club (the alan davies led #1 arsenal podcast in the land) they seemed to be on about hoping that arsenal gets blown the fuck out against buyern in the next 2 games and then craps out of CL/EL entirely so they can just focus on the prem, which prolly wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to them.

let's be brutally honest.... what happens with arsenal in the CL, at least since i've started watching? they come within a heartbreaking distance of finishing first in their group (hell 2yrs ago @ napoli they had to draw/win to win the group, instead they lost by enough to be one goal away from being knocked into the europa league so the end of the game was sphincter clenching time) and then they end up drawing buyern munich for 2 years in a row and then monaco last year in the RO16. buyern = they usually have one decent leg but thats after a solid defeat, and no matter how you get there after 2 more games you go home and resume blowing/not-winning the prem.

so i can see finishing 4th being preferable to finishing third...... which of course means arsenal finds a way to get 2-4pts out of these 2 buyern matches and finishes 3rd which means THURSDAY FOOTBALL and lots of sunday games and ugh all around.

personally, i'll always watch arsenal cuz it's what i do.... and of course it's gonna suck to see them go against a football death star and all that.... but i mean, how can you really have expectations getting crushed here? i know they're not gonna win the CL, and while stuff like last year's 2nd leg @ monaco (one goal away from advancing for the last 15mins in an eventual 2-0 victory/loss) was like ARRRGHHHHH cuz i ahd been dreaming of the monaco/porto bridge to the semis (and if they got/stayed hot maybe they make a run to the semi/finals to be sacrificed to barca?) but yeha man, shit, i watch arsenal a lot and i know they aint winning the damn CL unless this whole damn team gets better and then turns around and stops being mental midgets.

i'll be way more dismayed if they go drop points @ swansea in the near future.... or hell vs everton this weekend. or if they bomb out of the FA cup in the year or even @ sheff weds in the COC at this time next week. losing in areas where you might have a chance = where it hurts.

but hey to outsiders esp with this ~17 year CL streak and ~14 str8 years of getting out of the group, yeah, fancy yourself a giggle m8 and enjoy it cuz in a sense it's desrved.... but still this is like me getting sent home early from a party where i was on a mission to bed pre-pique shakira and it's like LOL SINI YOU GOT SENT HOME AFTER 20MINS AT THE PARTY HAHAHAHHA YOU LOSER and it's like "well yeah, but hey i wasnt going to nail shakira anyways, you know?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
but hey for all i know they'll go take 4+pts from buyern

sinicalypse wrote:
which of course means arsenal finds a way to get 2-4pts out of these 2 buyern matches

welp, arsenal has 3pts from the buyern matches with 1 to go.... did anyone watch that? arsenal had 29% possession midway through the 2nd, so while they had a uptick in the 2nd half of the 2nd half still it cant be over 40%..... buyern had 600+ passes FFS!

still tho, man, olympiakos got a late goal so they're at 6pts now and due to GD we're still 4th in the group, so while arsenal fans are chirping about the return leg and thinking all is not fucked here dude (remembering... 2003? where arsenal had 3pts in the first 3 CL group games but then won the rest and got through) but regardless i dont care cuz arsenal played their super bowl today and they fucking won it.

wake me up when liverpool beats buyern munich plz =D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm 

18/5

But seriously that was kind of stunning. I approve.