It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm watching USA-Iceland. He strikes me as an asswipe. I'm not sure what it is but he is just a raging assbag. Am I wrong or a bad guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Had to retire because of head injuries, maybe it's the CTE talking. Wynalda was an assbag, but at least he was entertaining. Hard to say the same for TT.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was hoping this was a hot chick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:36 pm 

Definite doucheface and sounds like a knob but I don't dislike him as much as I once did. I feel he is honest about the team's shortcomings and will call out players for mistakes.

I just canceled my satellite radio again but Wynalda had a decent soccer show on the football channel. Never liked him on television but the radio show was entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
michael ballack had to sit next to him one day for the ESPN post-match punditry/wrap-up-show and the looks on his face were priceless. he'd occasionally turn towards twellman and you could feel the disdain eminating from your television like "why the fuck am i sitting next to this [some foreign word/term that contains a proper mix of loathing and condescension], but alas when i snapped a picture all i got was some kind of incredulous scoffing.

i also seem to remember twellman constantly going out of his way to be as epic as possible, always reminding us just how much joy this result is bringing to the streets of [major city in victorious/draw country], like you know he constantly has to remind us brethren of his that this is kind of really a pretty fucking big deal on the joyous streets of Reykjavik, you know? and speaking of iceland i'm pretty sure that he also described their team "chasing shadows" in leading up to their equalizer. he's pretty deep man.

so yeah you pretty much get the jist that the's the "ugly american" stereotype hanging out with all the "real" european football pundits out there on the ESPN set. i can picture him coming back home and excitedly telling his friends "hey michael ballack said it was an honor and a privilege to work with me! isn't that awesome!?"

honorable mention going out to landon donovan, who used the 2H of a deadass/pointless uruguay vs who-cares game to go out of his way to showcase his top top quality color commentary skills, where he gave us his unique ex-pro-footballer insight into the game with stuff like "when you're out there playing for 60+ mins you start getting tired, then at 70mins you get more tired... and at 80mins you get even more tired, and then of course you're the most tired if you play the whole 90mins. taking [player] out now with 15mins to go means that he'll be at least 15mins fresher in the 2nd half of the next game" --- breathtaking insight. someone in the MLS please hire this man so FS1/ESPN doesnt try using him as the token american for the football i care about!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Arrenello's in Glenwood, IL
Twellman SUCKED commentating the World Cup '14. He's a little better now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
sinicalypse wrote:
michael ballack had to sit next to him one day for the ESPN post-match punditry/wrap-up-show and the looks on his face were priceless. he'd occasionally turn towards twellman and you could feel the disdain eminating from your television like "why the fuck am i sitting next to this [some foreign word/term that contains a proper mix of loathing and condescension], but alas when i snapped a picture all i got was some kind of incredulous scoffing.

Ballack might've disliked Twellman but he downright loathed Alexi Lalas.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Matches Malone wrote:
Ballack might've disliked Twellman but he downright loathed Alexi Lalas.

oh lord i don't even know where to go from there.... i think andre3000 wrote a song about alexi once.... it's called roses =D

btw since i'm too lazy to recreate it here if you check out my twitter feed @homoputzoafus and scroll back a few days you'll see my epic 3/4 part drama of unrequited love, jealousy, and of course alexi lalas from the #CopaTONIGHT show it's only 3/4 parts cuz i botched up the screencap of the chick giving "el mustachio" (i think they call him "el presidente" cuz he's the "president of stereotypical south amricans" or something) a red card because..... welp i shant spoil it #MuchAdoAboutNothing

how many MLS franchises did alexi run/generally-manage into the ground? is it just 2 or did he manage the trifecta?