It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am 

It's a safe, vanilla, throwaway lie. That's all it is.

Today he'll be letting us in on the breaking news that Jerry and Kenny have had preliminary discussions with Robin about adding a couple of more years to his contract. Nothing firm at this point, and again, these type of conversations are natural at this point, and I, well, and again, I'm not saying that Robin is interested in, uh, well, in point of fact he never was interested in managing the Sox, but what he did this year, and again, I don't think anyone, including Kenny, ever saw this kind of season happening, but the bottom line is that there have been talks, but whether or not, and again I'm not saying I know for sure, but at this point they are talking, sort of feeling eachother out, eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so to speak but I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the contract, as-is, and Robin is three and done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am 

Any day when Terry Boers is publicly called out for being the lazy, lying sack of shit that I've been saying he is for years, is a great day. This whole episode is hardly surprising to me, but gratifying nonetheless. Reading about this brings back so many memories about Terry's "sources", too . . . Terry had the scoop on the Cutler deal but didn't check his messages, Terry had some inside info from one of his guys on Tiger Woods and it turned out to be some phony viral e-mail that was going around the country . . . oh, I could go on, but why bother?

Please, Score, fire this worthless douchebag's ass and pair Dan up with someone with a functioning brain, a functioning mouth, and a functioning nutsack that allows him to actually challenge Dan and disagree with him once in a while and maybe I'll rejoin your afternoon audience.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Any day when Terry Boers is publicly called out for being the lazy, lying sack of shit that I've been saying he is for years, is a great day. This whole episode is hardly surprising to me, but gratifying nonetheless. Reading about this brings back so many memories about Terry's "sources", too . . . Terry had the scoop on the Cutler deal but didn't check his messages, Terry had some inside info from one of his guys on Tiger Woods and it turned out to be some phony viral e-mail that was going around the country . . . oh, I could go on, but why bother?

Please, Score, fire this worthless douchebag's ass and pair Dan up with someone with a functioning brain, a functioning mouth, and a functioning nutsack that allows him to actually challenge Dan and disagree with him once in a while and maybe I'll rejoin your afternoon audience.

I think the Score prefers you to stay away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
did tb just drop info that is inevitable?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:

Yes.

It's as if they know he is full of shit and a lazy liar so they put the "...and Terry Boers reporting that Lovie Smith might be in preliminary talks to set up a time to talk about a contract extension, maybe...." just to fuck with us.

A shame it was disproven a short while later. I'm sure they will retract that bad and false information on todays show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
It was never disproven. Can't be disproven.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Lovie's extension is in the drawer under Kerry Wood's personal services contract.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hatchetman wrote:

As was stated before, it was a safe lie but a lie nonetheless.

How low has Terry, and WSCR as a whole, sunk when "BREAKING NEWS" is Terry guessing that, "Uh, well, ya know, I talked to my guy and he told me that Lovie might be talking to Phil about meeting, maybe, to talk about the possibility of talking about a contract extension if things go well this season. Maybe."

Really? Terry Boers "BROKE" that "news?" His guy got him that nuclear bomb of a nugget from deep undercover in Halas Hall?

Geeze.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
no way boers admits being wrong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
maybe Terry's bangin' Virginia McCaskey, you never know....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I prefer to wait to see what people on Twitter are saying about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
maybe Terry's bangin' Virginia McCaskey, you never know....
Guys his age usually go for a younger woman so I could see that scenario working.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

As was stated before, it was a safe lie but a lie nonetheless.

stated by...whom?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Isn't there some sort of rule to have 2 sources confirm something before it's broken? I'm pretty sure Boers only mentioned one source and the Score ran with it. Granted, I don't believe any of these people have "real" sources outside of Twitter or some players like Alex Brown or Dez Clark, but I know I've heard Bernstein say he always checks his information against an additional source before reporting anything. In this case, I don't think Boers (or the Score) did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Admin

BD wrote:
Isn't there some sort of rule to have 2 sources confirm something before it's broken? I'm pretty sure Boers only mentioned one source and the Score ran with it. Granted, I don't believe any of these people have "real" sources outside of Twitter or some players like Alex Brown or Dez Clark, but I know I've heard Bernstein say he always checks his information against an additional source before reporting anything. In this case, I don't think Boers (or the Score) did.

Uh, eh, eh, look, for the love of God, I only have one guy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Lovie's extension is in the drawer under Kerry Wood's personal services contract.

What's the latest on that? Is he doing any sort of work for the Cubs that can allow Bernstein to argue he's right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am 

BD wrote:

What's the latest on that? Is he doing any sort of work for the Cubs that can allow Bernstein to argue he's right?

I thought that was a pretty widely held opinion on Wood...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am 
1000 CLUB

SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes.

It's as if they know he is full of shit and a lazy liar so they put the "...and Terry Boers reporting that Lovie Smith might be in preliminary talks to set up a time to talk about a contract extension, maybe...." just to fuck with us.

A shame it was disproven a short while later. I'm sure they will retract that bad and false information on todays show.

It's odd that Bernstein seems to believe that Boers has this "inside" knowledge even considering that Boers' report was something that Bernstein would have hung up on with a caller having a similar presentation.

Perhaps it has something to do with all of these hosts (particuarly Boers, Bernstein and Holmes) who present themselves as having a wealth of sources, no matter the subject. Bernstein claims to have sources involved in the Penn St. story, and in Texas who were close to Sam Hurd when he played for Dallas. In that same conversation about Hurd at the time, Holmes claimed to have breaking information from sources at the police station where Hurd was being held.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think it is so rich that Terry does one of his throwaway "my guy says" things to goose the show up yesterday and now it is a big thing. McClure, Updates everything. Should be good to hear him get out of this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am 

Terry was wrong, but it was a far worse offense that the update guys kept saying "news broken by the Score's own Terry Boers...". That's where they screwed up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
City of Fools wrote:
BD wrote:

Sure, it's my opinion, too, that he'll probably end up working with the Cubs.

However, I'm not claiming that he came back and signed a personal services contract 10 months ago that's sitting it a drawer at Wrigley Field.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

City of Fools wrote:
BD wrote:

Sure, it's my opinion, too, that he'll probably end up working with the Cubs.

However, I'm not claiming that he came back and signed a personal services contract 10 months ago that's sitting it a drawer at Wrigley Field.

Actually, it isn't in a drawer. Crane Kenney keeps it in the back pocket of his baseball pants.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Does anyone know what Terry was rambling about at the beginning of transition when he tried to explain himself? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 pm 

Sum1Here wrote:
Does anyone know what Terry was rambling about at the beginning of transition when he tried to explain himself? :shock:

Terry's talked to some other people and they've "kind of confirmed it."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boers wrote:
I don't get it. Why is everyone going off on this?

His own damn station treated it as breaking news. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Wow. Terry is really full of shit. Hes just making shit up. Hes trying to prove that he is still relevant...but its hard to have any credibility when he hasnt been to Halas hall or a game in many many years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This is embarrassing. It sounds like the other guys know he's full of crap but won't explicitly call him out on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
The Score has a long and proud history of existing deep within the recesses of its own ass, but this is really bad. I honestly don't know why, out of all the mumbled ramblings Terry's passed off as inside info over the years, this is the one they run with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Tad Queasy wrote:
This is embarrassing. It sounds like the other guys know he's full of crap but won't explicitly call him out on it.

I get the feeling li'l danny doesn't mind him looking stupid. We all have our "guys". I have a guy who tells me there is no love lost between the two. At least from Terry's end.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Tad Queasy wrote:

Most of the other Score guys have known that Terry is full of crap for years...& in the last year, Bernsie has been challenging Terry more & more & you can tell than Berns knows hes full of shit.
Using the "my guy" thing is something that no other reporter does. Its weak & all BS.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next