It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've come to believe that the daughter's story is over. The dolls were just in Marty's mind as that reddit post showed they weren't really staged that way in the earlier shot.

I hope I'm wrong because that would be weak.

really, really weak

You cannot point so often to something in a story and then let it go, unexplained. Yet, if he explains it thoroughly, he will have burned up a good portion of the 55 minutes.

They'll probably reference it but not explain it and let the viewer put some pieces together

Where is the reddit post with the dolls not positioned that way?

I didn't see one either. There's a lot of posters here who like to bring up shit and then not post the link where they got it from so we can follow up on it.

I hate that shit.

It was posted earlier in the thread.

C'mon people, keep up.

http://imgur.com/a/wDscs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Why, thank you, good doctor! I did not see that.

That sequence either suggests (A) a cinematographic chronology or inconsistency error or (B) that Marty envisioned the dolls that way, and they were not really set up like that (as was suggested).

It looks like a lot of facts not in evidence being used to analyze those pictures. If anything, the flashbacks in this show have proven to be factual while the testimony occasionally lies.

It really doesn't matter. There are too many other instances of the crime creeping into the household. How anyone picked out the drawing on the wall matching the mural in the psych ward is astonishing to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Q.Bovifs wrote:

That sequence either suggests (A) a cinematographic chronology or inconsistency error or (B) that Marty envisioned the dolls that way, and they were not really set up like that (as was suggested).

That's a pretty big screw-up since they actually have the young actress putting the doll on a table.

Also, the name of that episode......Seeing Things.

It's the same episode where Rust sees the birds in that circular pattern when he gets out of the car.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:

That's a pretty big screw-up since they actually have the young actress putting the doll on a table.

Also, the name of that episode......Seeing Things.

It's the same episode where Rust sees the birds in that circular pattern when he gets out of the car.

but Rust admitted that he hallucinates beforehand

Do your kids have two or more of the same action figure? Mine certainly do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm 

Cohle's daugther didnt die in a car accident. She's alive. She was abducted/adopted by the Yellow King (Hart) and now goes by the name, Audrey

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

humblebrag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm 

The dolls clearly aren't in the position you see when the girls walked out of the room.

Hart had just gotten done discussing/arguing with his wife how his home should be free from his work problems and his sanctuary.

I have been of the opinion all along that they were really staged that way. But, with so little time left, I just don't know if they plan to go down this road. I'm not in favor of that since they've certainly laid a groundwork here that they aren't going to payoff with the dolls, the notebook with her naked drawings, her sexual experimentation, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 pm 

I'm not in favor of that since they've certainly laid a groundwork here that they aren't going to payoff with the dolls, the notebook with her naked drawings, her sexual experimentation, etc.

Really?

Its kind of a blur for me, but was the daughter referenced in Episode 7? What makes you think they wont pay it off?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm not in favor of that since they've certainly laid a groundwork here that they aren't going to payoff with the dolls, the notebook with her naked drawings, her sexual experimentation, etc.

Really?

Its kind of a blur for me, but was the daughter referenced in Episode 7? What makes you think they wont pay it off?

I don't think there is time to really flesh out what must have happened to her if we are to believe the Grandfather was involved and she was molested by the group as a child, etc. You'd have to reintroduce the Grandfather, go through how he got her involved, take some time to show the emotional impact on the daughter and all that. I just don't think they'd do that.

The only way I see her getting back involved is if Marty actually is The Yellow King like some people theorized and got the daughter involved with the group without her knowing (since he was masked). I just don't think the show would stretch that far, Hawk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Really?

I don't think there is time to really flesh out what must have happened to her if we are to believe the Grandfather was involved and she was molested by the group as a child, etc. You'd have to reintroduce the Grandfather, go through how he got her involved, take some time to show the emotional impact on the daughter and all that. I just don't think they'd do that.

They could do all that in a quick 2 minute recap of cut shots and black and white stuff.

If all the daughter stuff doesnt get paid off, Im going to consider this show a failure (at least compared to its potential)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

humblebrag

I'm an indulgent parent. I will pay for that in the future

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

humblebrag

I'm an indulgent parent. I will pay for that in the future

You just have boys right?

I imagine you'd be even worse with a little girl giving you the sad eyes.

Im sure you'll teach them well

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:54 pm 

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/03/one-last-wild-true-detective-theory-before-the-fin.html
My current favorite theory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:56 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Cohle's daugther didnt die in a car accident. She's alive. She was abducted/adopted by the Yellow King (Hart) and now goes by the name, Audrey

Link to where you saw that, you durrty summbitch!

That would explain (A) why he was so nervous to go over there for the first dinner, and (B) why he snuck back to show everybody his guns, have a cup of tea, and do some landscaping.

I made that one up. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Concerning the daughter drawings, I think it's key to remember that when she's asked where she saw something like that, she never really answers the question. She responds with "the other girls dared me to." Also, if you look at the drawings it's clearly five different men yet the same girl.

Number five either has scars or a mask. If it's scars then we know it's the lawnmower man but if it's a mask then it can't be him because according to "Johnny Joanie" only the three young men didn't wear masks, and he remembers one of those three having scars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the final scene.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/c ... _for_ep_8/

Flat circle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
After reading, reading, and reading all of these articles and threads on this show, I am so utterly tired of people trying to sound smart by throwing around examples of how "time is a flat circle"!

Has anyone ever stopped to think: what other type of circle IS there? NONE! or Even if time was a SPHERE, you would STILL go round and round and end up where you started!

It is JUST NIETSCHIAN GIBBERISH-BABBLE and MEANS FUCKING NOTHING! It is not a theme that is carrying the show.

I think it's einsteinian and theoretically correct

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 pm 

SPOILERISH

So the writer literally said he showed lawnmower man specifically so people would get the idea that Rust or Cohle was the killer out of their head

That kinda bliws . I like a twist ending

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
After reading, reading, and reading all of these articles and threads on this show, I am so utterly tired of people trying to sound smart by throwing around examples of how "time is a flat circle"!

Has anyone ever stopped to think: what other type of circle IS there? NONE! or Even if time was a SPHERE, you would STILL go round and round and end up where you started!

It is JUST NIETSCHIAN GIBBERISH-BABBLE and MEANS FUCKING NOTHING! It is not a theme that is carrying the show.

I think it's einsteinian and theoretically correct

In the show, I believe Mr. Cole is the one who proclaims it to be the work of Nietzsche.

Here is what Einstein said on the subject:

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

In regards to a circular universe Einstein said that space is curved, so that if you travel in a straight line you would eventually end up where you started.

Also, if the spoiler I posited is to be believed, it would prove what I said above about all of the "circle" bullshit surrounding this show to be correct.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SPOILERISH

So the writer literally said he showed lawnmower man specifically so people would get the idea that Rust or Cohle was the killer out of their head

That kinda blows . I like a twist ending

Again, with the lack of linking! :? :? :?

Here is what RPB is referring to:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/tru ... pizzolatto

(however, the TRUE spoiler is in the process of being buried on the bottom of the last page of This Thread - be careful!)

I'm glad I found out what is going to happen, though (from the dude that watched the ep and spilled the beans). I feel quite pleased with the way it ends. I just hope that the producers don't whip out an alternate ending just because this got out.

Fuck "binary systems". Who is he crapping when he says he eschews twists but talks about binary systems. The "all a dream" ending and others like it are binary systems. Could you imagine this guy as a college professor? He must have been insufferable.

I think one of the pictures you linked earlier matches up well with his quote about the evil that looks in the lonely farmhouse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:54 am 

I was wondering last night as I rewatched it if Marty might be one of Tuttle's kids. They mentioned Tuttle had a thing about "he didn't like once she had it done to her not after that" which is similar to the way Marty freaks out when that hot chick was with that other guy.

Also, Marty's reaction to seeing that tape wasn't just to disgust, it was anger when he screamed "NO!". His first question to Rust was "did you watch the whole thing" and Rust volunteers that nobody took off their mask before Marty needs to ask any more questions.

When Marty first meets Billy Lee Tuttle he does something to his ring and has a look of concern. Tuttle talks about a "war going on" and then tells Marty "Thanks for doing your part."

OK. That's my nut job theory of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:09 am 

I was wondering last night as I rewatched it if Marty might be one of Tuttle's kids. They mentioned Tuttle had a thing about "he didn't like once she had it done to her not after that" which is similar to the way Marty freaks out when that hot chick was with that other guy.

Also, Marty's reaction to seeing that tape wasn't just to disgust, it was anger when he screamed "NO!". His first question to Rust was "did you watch the whole thing" and Rust volunteers that nobody took off their mask before Marty needs to ask any more questions.

When Marty first meets Billy Lee Tuttle he does something to his ring and has a look of concern. Tuttle talks about a "war going on" and then tells Marty "Thanks for doing your part."

OK. That's my nut job theory of the day.

The ring switch they both do has to be explained

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SPOILERISH

That kinda blows . I like a twist ending

Again, with the lack of linking! :? :? :?

Here is what RPB is referring to:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/tru ... pizzolatto

(however, the TRUE spoiler is in the process of being buried on the bottom of the last page of This Thread - be careful!)

I'm glad I found out what is going to happen, though (from the dude that watched the ep and spilled the beans). I feel quite pleased with the way it ends. I just hope that the producers don't whip out an alternate ending just because this got out.

How do you know what you read is legit?

My bad on the link, but that interview was so depressing I had no desire to share it.

I hate this writer.

America LOVES a twist ending. It doesnt have to be ridiculous (it was a dream, or all in a snow globe)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
So maybe it's Marty abusing Audrey and not the grandpa?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Or maybe the daughter attended a Wellspring-like preschool? She's about the right age for it.

Given Marty's attraction to younger females, I had wondered about the possibility he had molested his daughter. Doesn't look like that's going to be part of the story, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 pm 

I was rewatching episode 2 and Rust tells the detectives in his interview that Marie Fontenot's school closed in 1992 and asks them "that mean anything to you guys"? They just shrug and Rust looked irritated.

This show is so great for a rewatch. I was just going to rewatch the first episode but then I got sucked into the 2nd. I think I'll try to watch the other 5 again before Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:15 pm 

Its gotta be Rust on the cross, right?

: I contemplate the moment in the garden, the idea of allowing your own crucifixion.

In the ultimate irony, Cohle will end up dying, like Jesus Christ, to save the people. He probably sacrifices himself so they can catch the guy in the act.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:16 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

: I contemplate the moment in the garden, the idea of allowing your own crucifixion.

In the ultimate irony, Cohle will end up dying, like Jesus Christ, to save the people. He probably sacrifices himself so they can catch the guy in the act.

I was thinking about that as well. When they visit that church, he goes inside to stare at the crucifixes on the wall and the camera lingers on them for some time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Well, that would be...bad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:18 pm 

What would be good?

I think its almost set up for failure because of the nature of the show and the wild theories it inspires.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next