It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Homeland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tall Midget wrote:
I didn't think Carrie's new role as the "drone queen" was believable. Her expertise lies in intelligence, not directing quasi-military operations. Perhaps she held this position due to Lockhart's opposition to running espionage programs, but this point should have been fleshed out more clearly. In any event, her overall callousness with respect to the bombings seemed inconsistent with the development of her character in earlier seasons.

Additionally, I was disappointed with Quinn's character. He's becoming a bit too sensitive for my liking. Further, that sex scene was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on television.

So Carrie is not emotional enough and Quinn is too emotional? Interesting. I'll admit that the sex scene was
not what I was expecting but I liked the fact that they didn't run from it because it isn't what we are used to
seeing on these shows. They could have easily made inferences as to what happened and had them go to
breakfast but it was short enough, and I think helps show how vulnerable Quinn is right now. I don't think he
would have given that woman the time of day in previous episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I didn't think Carrie's new role as the "drone queen" was believable. Her expertise lies in intelligence, not directing quasi-military operations. Perhaps she held this position due to Lockhart's opposition to running espionage programs, but this point should have been fleshed out more clearly. In any event, her overall callousness with respect to the bombings seemed inconsistent with the development of her character in earlier seasons.

Additionally, I was disappointed with Quinn's character. He's becoming a bit too sensitive for my liking. Further, that sex scene was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on television.

So Carrie is not emotional enough and Quinn is too emotional? Interesting. I'll admit that the sex scene was
not what I was expecting but I liked the fact that they didn't run from it because it isn't what we are used to
seeing on these shows. They could have easily made inferences as to what happened and had them go to
breakfast but it was short enough, and I think helps show how vulnerable Quinn is right now. I don't think he

My criticism of Carrie lies more in her concern about being "bulletproof" regarding criticism surrounding the wedding party bombing. Her initial impulse was to protect her position, not uncover the truth.

Regarding the sex scene, I thought it was kind of contrived and superficial. To develop Quinn's vulnerability, I think the better choice would have been to show him trying to connect with his child and her mother. But I guess that would've brought too many babies into the episode.

You're right, Quinn wouldn't have paid attention to that woman in previous episodes. That's because he was an asexual killer following his own moral code. That's how I like my vigilantes. I don't want them "complicated" by displays of human emotion. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:10 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

My criticism of Carrie lies more in her concern about being "bulletproof" regarding criticism surrounding the wedding party bombing. Her initial impulse was to protect her position, not uncover the truth.

Regarding the sex scene, I thought it was kind of contrived and superficial. To develop Quinn's vulnerability, I think the better choice would have been to show him trying to connect with his child and her mother. But I guess that would've brought too many babies into the episode.

You're right, Quinn wouldn't have paid attention to that woman in previous episodes. That's because he was an asexual killer following his own moral code. That's how I like my vigilantes. I don't want them "complicated" by displays of human emotion. :wink: :lol:

I think part of Carrie's inpulse to protect her job was her aversion to going home and deal with her daughter.
I don't disagree with any of your other analysis. I think the show will go back to more of what it has been good
at in the past with fewer "suburban" distractions. It does appear that Quinn does play an essential role this
season and the preview would infer that he finally comes to his senses and returns to at least be semi-badass
again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finally caught it. It was fine. They're just setting up this season's story.

I just think they fucked up with the actors. They're just not very good. Brody's character could have been done better by so many people. Same with Carrie's character.

I think the writer was pretty much just amusing himself when he wrote in Quinn banging the fat girl. :lol:

Very rare you see fat women banging on TV or the movies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:43 am 

Beardown wrote:
I just think they fucked up with the actors. They're just not very good. Brody's character could have been done better by so many people. Same with Carrie's character.

You are kidding right? The acting has been great. I think it has won a total of 9 Emmy awards including best
best acting awards for each. If anything the writing has been suspect at times but not the acting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You are kidding right? The acting has been great. I think it has won a total of 9 Emmy awards including best
best acting awards for each. If anything the writing has been suspect at times but not the acting.

No. They might have won awards. Fine. I wouldn't have. These awards are about politics sometimes. I think they both suck at playing these roles. The bearded guy is great, through.

I'll watch the rest of the season. But it's predictable. We all pretty much know what's gonna happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Carrie's whoredeness knows no bounds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Has this season been any good? I watched the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode.

But, I just can seem to gear myself up to follow the hijinks of Carrie with no Brody or Brody's wife. Is it worth it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Its been good so far, the new conspiracy seems interesting so far.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:58 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Has this season been any good? I watched the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode.

But, I just can seem to gear myself up to follow the hijinks of Carrie with no Brody or Brody's wife. Is it worth it?

It's been alright. The story is pretty solid but there hasn't been much action thus far.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:47 pm 

You can tell they really want Mandy Patinkin around but are struggling to find an acceptable plot to keep him in Pakistan. I don't blame them. He's the best actor on the show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:10 am 

Zizou wrote:
You can tell they really want Mandy Patinkin around but are struggling to find an acceptable plot to keep him in Pakistan. I don't blame them. He's the best actor on the show.

I think they found a way to keep him around! :lol: I thought it was a pretty decent episode but I have to say
that Carrie is creepier than ever. I understand what she is trying to do but it is a bit uncomfortable to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
This show jumped the shark when Brody got it.

It's bad and the only reason I'm watching is to see how bad it gets.

This last episode was hilarious when either Sol or the other girl were following someone. Looked like Keystone Cops. What Sol did in particular was ludicrous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 am 

Well the last 5 minutes of that episode was a bit of a twist. I have no idea what they will do next.
Watching the previews it appears the CIA director flies to them and starts stirring shit up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
This season is getting a bit 24-ish in terms of plot twists and turns. I watch it still, but there is no sense of "oh crap this was a great show" feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:28 am 

It's getting absurd. I may have to pull the plug.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:30 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
It's getting absurd. I may have to pull the plug.

I haven't seen it yet, but I was leaning that way after the last few episodes. Used to be can't-miss TV. Now? I'm lucky if I watch the episode by Friday. Sunday night now revolves around football and the Walking Dead. I was pissed when Brody was killed off, because I knew the show would be centered around Carrie (who I couldn't stand to begin with). Now, like you said, it's bordering on unwatchable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 am 

If you were leaning that way the last couple episode's you're in for a real treat with this one. It almost made me want to flip back to the Bears game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:36 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
If you were leaning that way the last couple episode's you're in for a real treat with this one. It almost made me want to flip back to the Bears game.

Oh geez. Fun bad?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:38 am 

Bears: Yes

Homeland: No

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Bears: Yes

Homeland: No

Come on, I cracked up during the dream sequence. I tweeted to Homeland after watching it, only to read they just renewed for a fifth season. Oh lord.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:35 am 

I don't think it is too horrible. I found it somewhat interesting to see her go off the reservation when her
meds were replaced. The last few minutes when she was hallucinating was pretty wild.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I don't think it is too horrible. I found it somewhat interesting to see her go off the reservation when her
meds were replaced. The last few minutes when she was hallucinating was pretty wild.

Guess I've just had my fair share of Carrie freak outs. What is this, her 19th nervous breakdown?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:11 am 

redskingreg wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Guess I've just had my fair share of Carrie freak outs. What is this, her 19th nervous breakdown?

It's a fair beef to have. I guess I just liked the camera work and sound that made you kind of experience
the intensity of what was going on. I don't remember them doing it quite like that in the past. They may
have but I watch a lot of TV so I don't remember all the details. It appears she has her shit together next
week so they must get her back on the meds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

This show is awful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
This show is awful.

I agree. This season sucks!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I called it quits a couple episodes ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Good episode tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I guess they had to get through Carrie's implausable promotion to get to where they are now. It is certainly getting better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree, the show seems to be improving.

That whole episode with the switched medication was laughable, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next