It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Having gone thru what I went thru back in November, I can honestly say I would rather work three 12 hour days in a row than have that kind of flu again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Having gone thru what I went thru back in November, I can honestly say I would rather work three 12 hour days in a row than have that kind of flu again.

This.

I used to think the flu wasn't much worse than a cold, in terms of inconvenience. And then I got the mother of all flu bugs. Slept for 4 straight days, nasty high fever and felt like I was going to die. I get the flu shot every year now, just to avoid getting that again.
It was terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Oh really? Food for thought. In my line of work I am shocked I don't get sick more than I do. I'm in 5-8 houses a day, and working around the ventilation systems I imagine I'm in the nerve center of most houses sick zones.

Kids. Kids are the nerve center of sick zones.

Well, I deal with plenty of that too.

Maybe I should put this in the complain about thread... but people, if someone is working on your furnace or whatever in your house, keep the damn kids away. Some parents think it's cute to have the kid watch or to have them "help" or "learn" but kids say shit, and do shit, and I couldn't live with myself if some kid burned himself on my equipment, or god forbid some wack job kid says I touched him in his bad place or something fucked up like that. Just keep those parasites away from me.

It sounds stupid, but someone I worked with had a job where some shit kid was just fucking around said the guy touched him. FORTUNATELY, they had that Xfinity camera thing and he was completely absolved but without that little miracle that dude would have lost his job or gone to jail or something. Just, please, for the love of god, keep those little rodents away.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Parents can be idiots at times. We had a party here last weekend with 3 girls (friend of my brother in law) were just totally and diabolically insane. They ran around for 6 straight hours, didn't listen to a word my wife or I said to them, terrorized one of our cats (she didn't come out of hiding until Tuesday) and just made a general mess of everything. They were THE worst kids I have ever been around. They were ages 11, 7, and 6, so they knew (or should have known) right from wrong at that point. All the while the mother just sat there and drank with her friends. We found out the next day that the 11 year old pulled down the pants of my wife's little cousin. Needless to say, they will never be welcome in our house again.

So yeah. People are idiots sometimes, and parents are people. Kids should not be allowed around the repair men in the house. I think most here would agree with that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kids should not be allowed around the repair men in the house. I think most here would agree with that.

Had a call a couple days ago, replacing an ignitor, and Mom sends the kid downstairs with me to "hold the flashlight". So I've got the damn flashlight, one of those AA maglight deals, and I've got it in my teeth because I need the damn light where I need it you know, and the kid starts crying and goes upstairs and I hear him wailing "mom he's holding the flashlight in his mouth" and this lady marches downstairs and says "it'd be nice if you let him help you and learn something".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Then he can learn that there is dangerous shit around and that furnaces can be hot. Then the Mom can learn how to drive to the burn unit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kids should not be allowed around the repair men in the house. I think most here would agree with that.

Had a call a couple days ago, replacing an ignitor, and Mom sends the kid downstairs with me to "hold the flashlight". So I've got the damn flashlight, one of those AA maglight deals, and I've got it in my teeth because I need the damn light where I need it you know, and the kid starts crying and goes upstairs and I hear him wailing "mom he's holding the flashlight in his mouth" and this lady marches downstairs and says "it'd be nice if you let him help you and learn something".

WHAT?

Tha' hell is wrong with people? Learn something? You aren't there to teach, you're there to fix.

Yeah, let me have your child come down here and help me fix your furnace, the natural gas furnace.

Man o' man.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Then he can learn that there is dangerous shit around and that furnaces can be hot. Then the Mom can learn how to drive to the burn unit.

I think she was trying to get me to babysit the little fucker. He was a cool enough kid, but he's 6 or 7 or something. He's more interested in power rangers than 120 volt 60 ohm resistive ignitors.
It wasn't the kid's fault. But I don't want to be put in a situation where some kid's imagination can put me in jail.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
That's crazy.

I've got stories dude.

Here's something. If you have a guy out doing a repair, this is really nice. Be like, here's the bathroom if you need to take a squeege. I love that. You know, I rarely get a chance to stop to pee, and when people are like here's the john if you need it I fucking love that. In the summer, offer the guy a glass of water or a bottle of water or whatever. Chances are if he's working in the 100 degree heat he'll LOVE it.

So about a year and a half ago I had to go out to Gurnee for an AC trouble call. Simple repair, had it done in about 30 minutes and I'm doing some final testing but I gotta pee so I say, and I always say almost exactly this: "I'm sorry to ask, but could I impose upon you to use a washroom for a quick second? Had a long drive and I'm not as young as I used to be heh heh". And 99% of the time folks are like oh hell yeah,right over here. But this broad, I say can I use the restroom and she says "No. I have children."

Man I had to GO too ya know?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:49 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

sounds like mommy wasnt hot enough to keep daddy around

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Never thought about the bathroom. One of the last people here dropped ass in our bathroom and splattered shit all over. It was gross. So try not to shit and if you do clean it up. I do offer water or coffee if we have it. Sometimes coffee cake or donuts, or lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have all of my vaccinations up to date. Even Chicken Pox because I never got that as a kid.

My mother claims that neither my brother nor I got the Chicken Pox when we were kids. After hearing JORR's horrible experience with Shingles, I asked my doctor about all of this. He said that we most likely did have Chicken Pox, but it was so mild that we didn't show the usual symptoms.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Never thought about the bathroom. One of the last people here dropped ass in our bathroom and splattered shit all over. It was gross. So try not to shit and if you do clean it up. I do offer water or coffee if we have it. Sometimes coffee cake or donuts, or lunch.

yeah, I try not to paint the bowl when I'm out at a customer's but sometimes ya have to, but I'll never leave poop on the bowl.

Had a co worker drop ass in a toilet in a finished basement only to find out that toilet didn't work. Just like dumb and dumber... LOL... dude filled up a bucket at the water heater and dump it in the tank to get a flush :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 pm 

Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have all of my vaccinations up to date. Even Chicken Pox because I never got that as a kid.

My mother claims that neither my brother nor I got the Chicken Pox when we were kids. After hearing JORR's horrible experience with Shingles, I asked my doctor about all of this. He said that we most likely did have Chicken Pox, but it was so mild that we didn't show the usual symptoms.

How can you trust your doctor? I bet he has had some lunches with pharma reps and even take samples.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:05 pm 

Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

My sister got chicken pox twice. Once when I was little, she had a mild case. In HS she got it super awful, just the worst case ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Parents can be idiots at times. We had a party here last weekend with 3 girls (friend of my brother in law) were just totally and diabolically insane. They ran around for 6 straight hours, didn't listen to a word my wife or I said to them, terrorized one of our cats (she didn't come out of hiding until Tuesday) and just made a general mess of everything. They were THE worst kids I have ever been around. They were ages 11, 7, and 6, so they knew (or should have known) right from wrong at that point. All the while the mother just sat there and drank with her friends. We found out the next day that the 11 year old pulled down the pants of my wife's little cousin. Needless to say, they will never be welcome in our house again.

So yeah. People are idiots sometimes, and parents are people. Kids should not be allowed around the repair men in the house. I think most here would agree with that.

We never go anywhere, because when we do, we have to chase the kids around all night. They have way more energy than I do. It's just easier to stay home.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

60% of the time, it works every time.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 pm 

Chus wrote:

You know I've been wanting to get a nice one of those but I don't want to have to try to find batteries, ya know? Are they all coin batteries or do they do AAA or something?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

How can you trust your doctor? I bet he has had some lunches with pharma reps and even take samples.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Chus wrote:

You know I've been wanting to get a nice one of those but I don't want to have to try to find batteries, ya know? Are they all coin batteries or do they do AAA or something?

Mine runs on AA. You can buy a 48 pack of AA at Menard's for $12, or so.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:19 pm 

Darko wanty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:23 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darko wanty.

Mine doesn't look exactly like that one, but it's similar. I bought mine at http://www.steepandcheap.com/

They have random outdoor gear for sale. New items pop up all the time.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I haven't gotten a flu shot since I was a kid and my kids haven't gotten one in 3 years. We haven't gotten sick. My grandmother never got one and she never got sick either. Could just be luck but I doubt it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 pm 

Chus wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't know what this means.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Chus wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Chus wrote:

I don't know what this means.

It's a fail gif. My doctor didn't push drugs or a vaccine, which renders your premise utterly preposterous.

What happened to you? You used to be beautiful.

SomeGuy wrote:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:47 pm 

MY POST WAS A JOKE POKING FUN AT CRAZY PEOPLE.

What the fuck happened to you? Settle down, cease fire.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:53 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
MY POST WAS A JOKE POKING FUN AT CRAZY PEOPLE.

You go from white knight to attack dog in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

And who knows, you may have eaten a Zanny bar, and plowed through an 8-ball by now.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
That's crazy.

I've got stories dude.

Here's something. If you have a guy out doing a repair, this is really nice. Be like, here's the bathroom if you need to take a squeege. I love that. You know, I rarely get a chance to stop to pee, and when people are like here's the john if you need it I fucking love that. In the summer, offer the guy a glass of water or a bottle of water or whatever. Chances are if he's working in the 100 degree heat he'll LOVE it.

So about a year and a half ago I had to go out to Gurnee for an AC trouble call. Simple repair, had it done in about 30 minutes and I'm doing some final testing but I gotta pee so I say, and I always say almost exactly this: "I'm sorry to ask, but could I impose upon you to use a washroom for a quick second? Had a long drive and I'm not as young as I used to be heh heh". And 99% of the time folks are like oh hell yeah,right over here. But this broad, I say can I use the restroom and she says "No. I have children."

Man I had to GO too ya know?

I've never had an HVAC repair at the house, but I always offer water/pop to other people that have done work. Or a little cash. Even the guys that carried my washer/dryer in. You know, the big burly guys that literally walk in with the damn things strapped to their belly? Takes them like 20 minutes, tops. It was around noon so I gave them $15-$20 and told them where all of the fast food joints in the area were.

When we had our patio redone, I gave the guys a cooler of water, a cooler of gatorade, and grilled dogs and burgers for them at lunch. Then I gave them a 12-er of Lite when they were done. :lol: But that was 2 long ass days n the hot sun. And they never seemed to take a rest. I kinda felt bad for them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
For our second son, the risk was far greater having him immunized based upon what happened to his older brother. We are not one of the 200 cases. And there are many others like us.
If what you say is true, and a doctor did not recommend the younger brother to get the vaccinations, you should hate the anti-vaxxers more than anyone.

Unsubstantiated cocktail party talk rather than actual science is really dangerous for your unvaccinated child.

This is probably the best post in this thread. Parents of children with legitimate issues with vaccines should be furious at all the dopes out there. Your child is being put in danger due to others stupidity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next