It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
What is the statistic or statistics that determine success of a QB? We seem to differ on that. Without an accord, there can be no bet. Passer rating? TD to INT ratio? Playoff success?

Last edited by IMU on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There are major questions about Luck after this year. I was a strong believer but you have to wonder if he just isn't going to ever get there.

I'm not concerned. Any athlete who's improved as consistently and clearly as he has their first three pro seasons gets the benefit of the doubt on one injury riddled season. If we are in November of next year and he's still playing like he was this year, I'd agree with you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:02 pm 

IMU wrote:
What is the statistic or statistics that determine success of a QB? We seem to differ on that. Without an accord, there can be no bet.

I consider QBR, DYAR, and DVOA to be significantly better than QB rating, but I'm willing to make the wager based on QB rating as well. I think Luck is so superior to Dalton and Stafford that he is basically going to outperform them by every metric available. Call it $100?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There are major questions about Luck after this year. I was a strong believer but you have to wonder if he just isn't going to ever get there.

Dont chalk it up to injury this year?

Before this year he was progressing nicely
Passer Rating

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:
What is the statistic or statistics that determine success of a QB? We seem to differ on that. Without an accord, there can be no bet.

I consider QBR, DYAR, and DVOA to be significantly better than QB rating, but I'm willing to make the wager based on QB rating as well. I think Luck is so superior to Dalton and Stafford that he is basically going to outperform them by every metric available. Call it $100?

We have until next August to work this out. I'll get back to you. If we were talking about career rating or rating over the course of a period of time, the bet would be easy for me. But within a season, a lot can happen. Stafford next year may not have receivers to throw to, so it would likely be Dalton vs Luck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:09 pm 

IMU wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:

We have until next August to work this out. I'll get back to you. If we were talking about career rating or rating over the course of a period of time, the bet would be easy for me. But within a season, a lot can happen. Stafford next year may not have receivers to throw to, so it would likely be Dalton vs Luck.

I think the shorter the sample size, the more you benefit. I'd easily extend it from one season to 3-5 or a career. Like you said, we can revisit it though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Passer Rating
It's never good when a player regresses. He still has a lot to prove.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Passer Rating

Chalk it up to one of the absolutely worst O-lines in NFL history to start the year.

Remember Lance Louis? Starting guard for the Colts this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
IMU wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Still wants Stafford after that mess today, IMU?

Luck has been playing with broken ribs since week 3.

When you get back...I'd like your updated thoughts.

No one would prefer Stafford over Luck if given the choice, but Stafford has been pretty good the last 5 or 6 weeks. I think Stafford deal is up with the Lions after this year. I doubt they re-sign him.

Except everyone that has watched NFL football and isn't stuck in their 2012 belief that Andrew Luck is the next Marino.

Not one NFL GM would take Stafford over Luck right now. Luck has a higher cieling and upside. Stafford is a slightly better version of Cutler. Luck will be a top 10 QB in the NFL for the next 10 years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:02 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Luck will be a top 10 QB in the NFL for the next 10 years.

And Brett Jackson is Mike Trout.

Based on what? Our respective fantasies?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:47 pm 

Hi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:30 pm 

8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I'm thinking, well, at least I'll push on this game unless Luck throws a pick 6. Found another way to aggravate me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Luck is in a pretty similar position when the bears got cutler.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm 

Luck's fine. Best defense in the NFL makes a lot of QBs look like shit. Luck did alright last week. Probably needs Pagano to get fired to significantly improve though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:

Luck is much better, he's been hit more than any other QB in the NFL since he's been in the league..and that's including the games he's missed..his line and run game are pretty lousy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Luck is much better, he's been hit more than any other QB in the NFL since he's been in the league..and that's including the games he's missed..his line and run game are pretty lousy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You might want to review news clips of Cutler in Denver. You just make up your mind about shit and spout.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Luck isn't a bad QB, he's just nowhere near as great as he was anointed by the media almost immediately. Also the stuff about having no line or help is rubbish since the line "magically" played better as soon as he went out last year. That suggests their sack rate has as much to do with the QB holding onto the ball as anything else.

It's ultimately pretty similar to the same biases the media holds for other quarterbacks. Fitzpatrick, a mediocre journeyman at best, is suddenly "Namath-esque" due to one game on Thursday. Cousins, who's never beaten a winning team in his career and is currently playing in a training wheel offense due to his propensity to throw interceptions otherwise, is still a winner with a strong head and intangibles. Carson Wentz is about be anointed the next Brady for beating the Browns and the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:37 pm 

Their line is objectively bad. Most teams dumb down their offense and use shorter drops and quicker reads with backups, which would affect the sack rate as much or more than Luck holding on to the ball.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You might want to review news clips of Cutler in Denver. You just make up your mind about shit and spout.

I was pissed the day Cutler trade was announced, I thought he was nothing special in Denver..Dan McNeil was the only voice of reason that day on the Score... Lemme know when that bitch Cutty throws 40 TDs and 16 picks in a season..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:44 pm 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I was pissed the day Cutler trade was announced, I thought he was nothing special in Denver..Dan McNeil was the only voice of reason that day on the Score... Lemme know when that bitch Cutty throws 40 TDs and 16 picks in a season..

Let me know when media darling Luck ever does it again.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:56 pm 

pittmike wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Let me know when media darling Luck ever does it again.

Through two games this year he is on pace for exactly 40 TDs and 16 INTs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:07 pm 

I have not got a chance to watch Luck yet this year.

But he definitely seems like a disappointment from what he was built up to be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Luck turned 27 in September. Matt Stafford is 28.

Surprising to to realize Stafford is only a one age above in seasons played.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:28 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I have not got a chance to watch Luck yet this year.

But he definitely seems like a disappointment from what he was built up to be.

He's a one man show, the guy is pretty damn good and he's got no help.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:56 pm 

Quote:
Andrew Luck has injury setback, Colts won't promise that he'll return in 2017

Exactly two weeks after returning to practice, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has hit a giant setback in his rehab.
Colts general manager Chris Ballard announced on Wednesday that Luck is dealing with some shoulder soreness that's been so painful the quarterback had to be given a cortisone shot. The soreness will keep Luck out of practice for the rest of the week, and possibly longer.
According to Ballard, Luck's recovery was coming along as scheduled before this week's complication.
"In terms of rehab, it's going well," Ballard said, via the team's official website. "You've seen him throw, I've watched every session of him throwing and it's been going really well: His velocity is good, his motion is good, all that is coming along at a good rate. It's the soreness right now that we're dealing with and that we have to get through."
After the soreness hit, the team decided that shutting Luck down for the immediate future was the best long-term move for the organization.
"We're going to try to shut him down and calm it down for right now," Ballard said. "His long term success is what we're looking for. Much like with any player, that's what's important to us."
One question Ballard refused to answer was whether or not Luck would actually end up playing this season. Although the Colts still have 10 games to play over the next two and a half months, Ballard ducked the question when asked if Luck would be back on the field this year.
"I don't want to speculate right now," Ballard said. "I'm not going to put a timeline on that."
Ballard did add that the team currently has no plans to place Luck on injured reserve, which would end his season.
Luck was asked by NFL.com on Monday if he might be able to play by November, and all he would say is that there's no timetable for his return. Although Luck has been practicing with the Colts off and on since Oct. 4, he's come nowhere close to being game ready.
The Colts quarterback hasn't played in a game since December 2016, and it's slowly starting to look like we might not see him on the field again until the 2018 season. The setback in Luck's recovery this week came almost exactly 10 months after he originally underwent shoulder surgery in January.
With Luck out indefinitely, that means the Colts will move forward with Jacoby Brissett as their starting quarterback. The former Patriots backup quarterback has started five games for Indy since being acquired in a September trade that sent Phillip Dorsett to New England.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nothing devastating IMO, to the Colts. Brissett is admirable. Let him build value this year. Man they fucked New England over on that trade. What's going on with Beliciek? He's been making some bad deals of late.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Is this a surprise? They clearly expected this when they traded for Brisset. Sorry to say, but Luck’s career is over. Ended up being very overrated. His OL was always awful, but he still didn’t live up to the hype.

Still better than any Bears QB ever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 am 

So MVP race is pretty much Brady, Wentz, and Wilson.

Kamara is easily the front runner for OROY.

I think Lattimore is the DROY. When’s the last time teammates won that?

DPOY? Idk. DeMarcus Lawrence doesn’t feel right.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next