It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
75 minites? I thought it was 45...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Finally got a chance to listen. That was really good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
That Mac isn't on the radio in Chicago and the people who are, are is absurd.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
DannyB wrote:

Ill never understand why someone who openly didn't give a shit about his job is beloved for the job he did.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Ill never understand why someone who openly didn't give a shit about his job is beloved for the job he did.

Spiegel isn't beloved.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wait til Doc is on SportsCenter in 5 years pimping his Fanatics brand podcast network.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Yeah the self-destructive streak, actually more than a streak. It says as much about the talent pool in Chicago though, where Julie DiCaro can be heard daily.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Spiegel isn't beloved.

:lol: He learned from the best!

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I get the impression Larz thinks the host' name really is Dr. Ken Noisewater.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Dama Neeel got podcast boost tickat. Apparently we are fun ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 pm 

This is a awesome listen, great job Doc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
It sounds cheesy as hell but I have Danny Mac to thank for pointing me in the direction of the board. I know i said this earlier but I've made some really great friends and I met Don Tiny as well. So it's a wash I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
It sounds cheesy as hell but I have Danny Mac to thank for pointing me in the direction of the board. I know i said this earlier but I've made some really great friends and I met Don Tiny as well. So it's a wash I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:07 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Suddenly, Larz is a bigfan of the board?

I don't know about movie worthy but I bet Dan Falato has some stories to tell after being with Dahl during his drinking days, Grace during his drinking days and Lange during his drinking days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Worker bees never understand why a rainmaker gets all the breaks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:16 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

His job wasn't to like all sports leagues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yep. His job was to entertain and get ratings. Mac did that almost all the time on every show he hosted.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

That's not my point though. Let's take basketball for example. I don't care that he doesn't like basketball. But in Chicago during a Bulls season, and particularly during exciting Bulls seasons, I'm sorry but you're going to have to talk basketball. He didn't want to do that. That's whenever he did show up to the station. I wouldn't say I don't like hockey but I will say I don't know much about it. However if my job is to host a sports radio show in a major hockey city like Chicago, you can bet I'm gonna study my ass off in order to have a solid conversation on hockey and the Blackhawks with fans and guests on the show. Or I could just say I don't give a shit, not show up for several months, and still get pats on the back from adoring fans.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Enjoyed the episode. It seemed at first you were nervous but loosened up as Mac got rolling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
vegan is one of the good Muslims.

Doing Allah's work here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

That's not my point though. Let's take basketball for example. I don't care that he doesn't like basketball. But in Chicago during a Bulls season, and particularly during exciting Bulls seasons, I'm sorry but you're going to have to talk basketball. He didn't want to do that. That's whenever he did show up to the station. I wouldn't say I don't like hockey but I will say I don't know much about it. However if my job is to host a sports radio show in a major hockey city like Chicago, you can bet I'm gonna study my ass off in order to have a solid conversation on hockey and the Blackhawks with fans and guests on the show. Or I could just say I don't give a shit, not show up for several months, and still get pats on the back from adoring fans.

And that's why there will eventually be more narrowcasting as AM/FM gets replaced by XM/podcasting/streaming. Mac could do a weekly two hour NFL show for 25 weeks a year (pre-season through the Tuesday after the Super Bowl) and have it be 50% Bears and 50% national, with some callers. Would people pay $20 for it for the season? I don't know, I'm not that much of an NFL fan.

If having just enough income to not dip into his retirement stash is his goal, why should he waste his time watching a sport he doesn't like?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:49 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

And that's why there will eventually be more narrowcasting as AM/FM gets replaced by XM/podcasting/streaming. Mac could do a weekly two hour NFL show for 25 weeks a year (pre-season through the Tuesday after the Super Bowl) and have it be 50% Bears and 50% national, with some callers. Would people pay $20 for it for the season? I don't know, I'm not that much of an NFL fan.

If having just enough income to not dip into his retirement stash is his goal, why should he waste his time watching a sport he doesn't like?

I'd pay $20 for that without really questioning it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Subscription model stuff is difficult unless you are putting out a lot of timely content.

I subscribe to one podcast that costs about $30/year that is putting out stuff almost daily. There's so many options that are free.

Mac is ahead of the game because he does have an audience but I'm thinking advertising is his best bet to make some $ rather than pay to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

to put it in your basketball terms, I bet you really appreciate that hard working Taj Gibson.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 am 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

to put it in your basketball terms, I bet you really appreciate that hard working Taj Gibson.

:lol:

Great analogy. Especially since veganfan is a big LeBron "I'm just gonna take a two week vacation in the middle of the season" James fan

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
K Effective wrote:

You're saying it's not? Next thing you're going to say he isn't Mr. Burns long lost twin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:59 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
K Effective wrote:

You're saying it's not? Next thing you're going to say he isn't Mr. Burns long lost twin.

not twin but definitely a relative

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:12 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
DannyB wrote:

:lol: first of all this is not about basketball. im basically calling him an enabled lazy malcontent. you seem to not have a problem with that in this specific case. maybe generally too. to be clear i actually like him when he's engaged. i wasn't tuned in during his time with Terry and I chose 670 over his ESPN show when he was there, so most of my sample size is limited to the Mac and Speigs show. I understand he built up his rep during the earlier days and then at ESPN. Like I said, I liked him with Matt...when he showed up. But it's hard to couch praise in anything other than criticism because he was so unpredictable in terms of the energy or lack thereof that he brought to the show. It became offensive because whether you're a star or not at the very least you have to deliver to earn your check, and at some point he apparently became fine with collecting a check for delivering nothing. that's fine if that's your thing. maybe he caught whatever Terry had before a real illness forced him to retire last month.

FavreFan wrote:
:lol:

Great analogy. Especially since veganfan is a big LeBron "I'm just gonna take a two week vacation in the middle of the season" James fan

I'm sorry I appreciate the most dominant NBA athlete of the current generation. Have fun with your Rondo fetish. Do you miss that one three month period during the last 10 years of his career where he was relevant?

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Got no problem with choosing to talk about sports he likes on a program that's set up that way. However, when you're on a station that by its very function sprays to all fields, then I'll say it Thibs style: Do. Your. Job. (I'm guessing GD wouldn't be a fan of Thibs.)

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
There is certainly an attraction to an unfilterd Mac free from the constraints of a corporate, FCC monitored radio station. I wish we could swap the fishing love for NBA, but then again, Mac being himself is refreshing against the current Chicago Sports landscape.

Blow it out your ass.

Boyd, I searched your reply. It's a whole lot of not good.

Just like the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Of course he's lazy. Lazy is not necessarily bad, although it often is. Lots of inventions came from people being lazy and wanting an easier way to do something so they could spend more time fucking, drinking, or sleeping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next