It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Furious Styles wrote:
McDowell's wouldn't pull this kind of shit.

My buns have no seeds.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
leashyourkids wrote:
I tried thr Grand Mac last night and couldn't eat it. I don't know if it was the sandwich or I just hadn't had a Big Mac in so long that I don't have a taste for them anymore. I used told like regular Big Macs.

I thought it was still very bready. Not impressed. May try the small big mac.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Order a double cheese with mac sauce on it. Costs like.45 more if they even charge for it. Same thing . Who needs the extra bun and lettuce anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm not even a big Wendy's fan but if you're looking for a cheap fast food burger i have no idea why you would choose McDonald's over Wendy's.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
FavreFan wrote:
I'm not even a big Wendy's fan but if you're looking for a cheap fast food burger i have no idea why you would choose McDonald's over Wendy's.

I would not. Learned the fake Big Mac tip from my daughter a while ago. I hate Mc D except for a quick breakfast.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
FavreFan wrote:

I'd go Wendy's over McDonald's, too, but sometimes I get a taste for a Big Mac. I don't eat fast food often, but once a year or so. Wendy's has the best value meal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
The grand mac was perfect for me because I eat my Big Mac's like someone in a psych ward. I eat the top half as a regular burger (top bun to the middle bun). Then I take the bottom half and fold it like a taco and eat it. The bottom half just gets loaded with sauce and cheese and its delicious. The top half on the regular doesn't have enough meat but with the grand mac, its balanced out properly.

That's the fattest thing I've ever read on this board.
:lol: I was just going to post something like that. No wonder your kid didn't want you to run around naked. Better sign up for an angioplasty now, Hankus.

I'm fat and all my yearly blood work comes back perfectly fine. Normal HDL/LDL/triglycerides, normal glucose readings, normal blood pressure. I'm just a fat guy and my body has come to terms with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:16 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
The grand mac was perfect for me because I eat my Big Mac's like someone in a psych ward. I eat the top half as a regular burger (top bun to the middle bun). Then I take the bottom half and fold it like a taco and eat it. The bottom half just gets loaded with sauce and cheese and its delicious. The top half on the regular doesn't have enough meat but with the grand mac, its balanced out properly.

:lol: I was just going to post something like that. No wonder your kid didn't want you to run around naked. Better sign up for an angioplasty now, Hankus.

I'm fat and all my yearly blood work comes back perfectly fine. Normal HDL/LDL/triglycerides, normal glucose readings, normal blood pressure. I'm just a fat guy and my body has come to terms with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Me too, except for my blood pressure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Us fatties have to stick together.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
IMU wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
IMU wrote:

Not until the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Tried the grande big mac. I thought it sucked. Rather than up the beef percentage, they made everything bigger including the bun. Still too much bread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
FavreFan wrote:

Wendy's is kinda veering into Arby's territory as not being "cheap" fast food. I mean it's not expensive or anything, but even the cheapo menu isn't that cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
KDdidit wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wendy's is kinda veering into Arby's territory as not being "cheap" fast food. I mean it's not expensive or anything, but even the cheapo menu isn't that cheap.

Certainly is a disturbing trend.

I remember in high school being able to get a couple Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, Chicken Nuggets and a Drink and it being less than five bucks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
lipidquadcab wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I remember in high school being able to get a couple Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, Chicken Nuggets and a Drink and it being less than five bucks.

when the Jr Bacon was 1$, that was the best value menu item anywhere, hands down

at a 1.89 or whatever it is now, not so much

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I remember when you used to be able to get a Hershey for a nickel.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Bagels wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

when the Jr Bacon was 1$, that was the best value menu item anywhere, hands down

at a 1.89 or whatever it is now, not so much

When I was poor and working a shitty job at a school I'd run to Wendy's on my 25 minute lunch and put down 3 1/4 double stacks for $3.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

braggart. heart attack waiting to happen over here and I can't even claim portliness as an excuse.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Good for you, Hank

I had a physical about 2 or 3 years ago and everything was ship shape. Dr told me to try to eat a little better, drop 10 pounds, and come back in 5 years.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When I had my big mac the other day I considered eating it how Scorpio does but couldn't do it because just the thought of doing so made me feel like a no good whore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Didn't want to start a separate thread. Took the GF to Boka for dinner before catching a show at Second City.

All my friends raved about the place and said the food is delicious. The place has a Michelin star FWIW.

The food was good but fucking skimpy! I ordered scallops at $40 and got 5 OK sized ones?

I get it. The food is creative, unique and a labor of love. But damn! I felt like my entree could've been an appetizer for 2.

these bougie yuppie places really soak ya with the bill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Girlfriend
Expensive Meal
Things That Didn't Happen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Didn't want to start a separate thread. Took the GF to Boka for dinner before catching a show at Second City.

All my friends raved about the place and said the food is delicious. The place has a Michelin star FWIW.

The food was good but fucking skimpy! I ordered scallops at $40 and got 5 OK sized ones?

I get it. The food is creative, unique and a labor of love. But damn! I felt like my entree could've been an appetizer for 2.

Agreed. I don't need an Applebee's style meal where if I eat the whole plate I will feel sick afterwards but if I'm paying that much I better not be hungry afterwards.

The worst is the places that sell entrees that start at $30 and they won't even throw a baked potato on there unless you order it off the sides menu for $7.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

It's the Charlie Trotter syndrome where you are supposed to be honored that the chef let you eat at his restaurant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you are supposed to get an app, entre, dessert, couple drinks. coffee. if not full after that perhaps you have a problem.