It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Peoria Matt wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Leake would be the Cubs 3rd starter. Lackey will regress and they will be in the same boat they are with Hammels.

Leake has worse stats than Hendricks and Hammel.

Leake will have a better year than Lackey, Hammels or Hendricks.

Only if all three land on the DL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Lackey is better than Leake, I am sensing way too much negativity PeoriaHair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm 

312player wrote:

It is the Cardinal factor. Once someone puts on that jersey they tend to become better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:06 pm 

as opposed to the Cub factor where as soon as a player puts on a Cub jersey the FANS think he is better

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
as opposed to the Cub factor where as soon as a player puts on a Cub jersey the FANS think he is better

Nice.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Lackey has a better career FIP. He is also coming off the best season. He wins.

I wouldn't have minded Leake but 5/$80m is quite the commitment for him. At that point, smarter to have paid slightly more for Zimmermann or Cueto and get better production.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
312player wrote:

I just don't think Theo focused enough on upgrading the starting pitching. Hopefully, he pulls something off.

And "PeoriaHair"? Is there something I should know?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:22 pm 

Adding Hair means you had a bad sports thought.

What do you want Theo to do? Sacrifice organizational strengths in a one-sided deal or handcuff the future with an albatross contract ? If Ross or Cashner or Salazar are available in a fair deal, Theo will do it. But if organizations think the Cubs have to move Soler or Baez fuck them... don't rush to make dumb moves.

Price and Greinke went for dumb money. I'm surprised the Cubs weren't in on Zimmermann but they goy Lackey and Heyward which does improve the team while still being flexible for future moves....especially in June and July.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm 

I did want Zimmerman. He went for big money but that's business.

Theo can't have it both ways. You either have to pay for pitching, develop it or trade for it. He can't keep relying on the Hammels and Hendricks of the world. He struck gold with the Arietta deal. That's not gonna happen every day. And I'd say we have seen the best of Arietta already. And if you want young cost controlled pitching, which everyone does, then you are going to have to give something up to get it. Probably something more than you are comfortable with. And if you draft hitters over pitchers, you don't leave yourself with a lot of choices. That's the way it goes.

Leake's deal is not an albatross. I would have felt better about giving a 28 year old 80 million than I would a 38 year old 32 million.

And thanks for the "hair" info.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:05 pm 

Having Lackey for 2 years on his deal is better than the 5 years of Leake deal IMO.

If everything was equal I would prefer having Leake, but the deals tip it toward Lackey.

I don't think we can make any judgements on Theo yet for what he has done with the pitching. They may not be done. I would still think it is possible they make a trade for an additional starter

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:07 pm 

And I hope he does.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Mo went shopping for Price and Heyward, all we got for Christmas was a shoplifted Mike Leake shirsey?

Not excited. He'll be #5 to start behind Wainwright, Martinez, Garcia, and Wacha. Which means he'll probably be #3 by August.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm 

Quote:
ST. LOUIS—On the eve of the Rule 5 draft, Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said he didn’t expect to lose a player. He was right. The Cardinals lost eight.

It was an unprecedented pilfering for the Cardinals, who over about 60 minutes lost power-armed righthander Luis Perdomo and OBP monster Mike O’Neill to National League teams. During one amusing stretch in the minor league portion, the Cubs selected O’Neill and the Cardinals, jousting with the Cubs all winter for players, selected lefty Michael Heesch from the Cubs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
Brian Costa Verified account
‏@BrianCostaWSJ

WSJ exclusive: ex-Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa to be indicted today. Will plead guilty to charges related to hacking Astros.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
OK all you legal guys have at it.... this is the indictment against Correa.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... tment.html

what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

Bernstein does too.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:03 pm 

Lost 26 games at home already this season to equal the number from last season at home :shock:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:53 pm 

Cardinals continue to try to copy the Cubs Way.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... llage.html

This is just pathetic. They even had to name it Clark St.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:31 pm 

Quote:
The Cardinals have informed Matt Carpenter that he’ll be the team’s first baseman entering the 2017 season, GM John Mozeliak told reporters, including Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. While Carpenter played quite a bit of first base down the stretch in 2016, he also mixed in some appearances at second base and third base as well. That doesn’t seem like it’ll be the case now, as Carpenter appears poised for everyday duties there.

Not sure I understand this.

Carpenter is one of the best 2nd basemen in the league, and he is pretty solid at 3B. Why in the world move him permanently to 1B?

Curious what the Cardinal fans think of this move

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
The Cardinals have informed Matt Carpenter that he’ll be the team’s first baseman entering the 2017 season, GM John Mozeliak told reporters, including Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. While Carpenter played quite a bit of first base down the stretch in 2016, he also mixed in some appearances at second base and third base as well. That doesn’t seem like it’ll be the case now, as Carpenter appears poised for everyday duties there.

Carpenter is one of the best 2nd basemen in the league, and he is pretty solid at 3B. Why in the world move him permanently to 1B?

I can only guess he was blocking prospects or he's hurt.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
RFDC wrote:
Quote:

It tells me that Kolten Wong has blackmail photos of Mozeliak.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm 

They want to make Rosebthal a starter. The son of a bitch couldn't throw strikes as a reliever how the hell do they expect him to throw strikes as a starter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
They want to make Rosebthal a starter. The son of a bitch couldn't throw strikes as a reliever how the hell do they expect him to throw strikes as a starter.

yeah I dont get that one either. Seems time to move on from Rosenthal. He gave them several good years, but he is out of gas

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
:lol:

Look, not every Cardinals fan is an idiot hilljack. But I love how every racist Trumpet Cards fan that is managed to comment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jason Fudge :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I wonder how many of those morons actually know that Fowler's wife is Iranian, and that some of her family is purposely staying in the country because of this whole mess?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm 

Dexter made a candid reply on a hot-button issue that directly affects his family, rubes blast Dexter on social media... doesn't move the needle much for me.

I don't think it was a great signing, nor a terrible signing... I don't know Dexter much as a person to care or have an opinion about his political thoughts. Actual games will be here soon, so this is just a little reprieve from the "best shape of his life" articles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:08 pm 

Property of MLB and the Cardinals...wow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 am 

I’m losing track of which internet people are trolls, which ones are joking and which don’t know better.

As if i'm strongly advocating some position or another, because largely I don't give a shit what people I don't know on the internets opinions are. If I was Fowler and had a spouse that might be directly affected by this nonsense, I might have a different opinion. There's a lot of reasons Cardinal fans are idiots on social media. I don't happen to find this one of them. This is one of the weaker trolling efforts Kirkwood, and this board has Brick and Dolphin on it.

I'm having a hard time understanding people being for or against Fowler either way based on his comments.
Unless there is a lot more that he said that wasn’t in the link above, I don’t even see his statement as being overtly political. He seemed to be commenting on how it impacted him and his family and how that was unfortunate. There may be more implied, but the comment itself is fairly innocuous. It seems that MANY are reading more into his comments based on their personal views.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hold on tight. He has really went onto a limb with some radical thoughts now.

Dexter fowler wrote:
For the record. I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy, but athletes are humans, and not properties of the team they work for.
2:10 PM - 19 Feb 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next