It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I always thought Mac would be the one to save the station.

Turns out it's one of his proteges.

just like Star Wars

I love you good dolphin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

just like Star Wars

I love you good dolphin.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's in Wheeling
If they keep this up, they will be the new FOTS within a year. Bernstine and Goff are a train wreck. No one wants to listen to 5 hours of pontificating, and laughing at literally everything, unless he's talking race. I would rather listen to 5 hours of 1-800- Kars4kids than Goff pounding and giggling. I am positive B&G would be the first to tell me then "don't listen". Well, that's a great business plan, try to get listeners to turn the dial. Advertisers love that. How's that been working out for ya? Cause I've stopped listening a while ago and I'm sure many others have joined me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernstein told me not to listen and now I don't. Simple.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Bernstein told me not to listen and now I don't. Simple.

Fine . Keep listening to that non soul moving show. You'll be back .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

just like Star Wars

I love you good dolphin.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: billss
pittmike wrote:
They mentioned the not so seriously yesterday a lot. I think Parkins gives zero fucks if it ruffles Bernsie. His one line yesterday was "what you want us to do spend four hours breaking down a Cubs game?"

That was the problem with having Goff as the co-host before. He put the kibosh on the fun parts of the show. I believe Spiegs wanted to have more fun with it, but Goff didn't feel having non-sports drafts was "stirring your soul" enough. I hope B&G are dying in the ratings. I catch bits and pieces while waiting for GN's never ending roundup of new, traffic and weather to give way to Roe, and what I hear in B&G is nowhere near soul stirring. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:35 pm 

Jason let us know yesterday that he felt uncomfortable at Cracker Barrel because it is themed in the 1800s and things didn't go to well for his people then, even though he is the one who brought up Cracker Barrel and how he had enjoyed the restaurant. That was a fun vignette when coupled with Dan trying to show his street cred by talking about how much he loves collared greens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Jason let us know yesterday that he felt uncomfortable at Cracker Barrel because it is themed in the 1800s and things didn't go to well for his people then, even though he is the one who brought up Cracker Barrel and how he had enjoyed the restaurant. That was a fun vignette when coupled with Dan trying to show his street cred by talking about how much he loves collared greens.

Didn't you know Dan went to school in the south?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
good dolphin wrote:
That was a fun vignette when coupled with Dan trying to show his street cred by talking about how much he loves collared greens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:

In an attempt to increase my lifespan my wife is constantly feeding me collards, kale, field greens, dandelions, and other things that taste like dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
good dolphin wrote:

Cracker Barrel fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
collared greens

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In an attempt to increase my lifespan my wife is constantly feeding me collards, kale, field greens, dandelions, and other things that taste like dirt.

First I will list my street cred by saying I tried them at armey and Lou's. Then I will destroy it by saying they sucked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:

And Goff had to mention it twice. Goff likes to fire back at people who says he talks too much about race. There was no need for him talking about the 1800s and his people. And after he said it and Bernstein didn't respond, he had to say it again. Talk race when it is part of the story but quit beating everyone over the head with it. "There it is!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DAC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And Goff had to mention it twice. Goff likes to fire back at people who says he talks too much about race. There was no need for him talking about the 1800s and his people. And after he said it and Bernstein didn't respond, he had to say it again. Talk race when it is part of the story but quit beating everyone over the head with it. "There it is!"

I kinda get where Goff is coming from. Main reason I don't go to church is because they killed a lot of people during the 1400s or something .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
DAC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I kinda get where Goff is coming from. Main reason I don't go to church is because they killed a lot of people during the 1400s or something .

That's the same reason I'm not worried about ISIS and the spread of radical Islam. The Crusades happened.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

just like Star Wars

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE."

Bernstein has never heard of Star Wars. He has no idea what it is.

Jerry: What bet?

Elaine: He bet me Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars.

Jerry: Dustin Hoffman in Star Wars? Short Jewish guy against Darth Vader. I don't think so .

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:24 pm 

I will always, always, dislike McNeil for bringing meatpants back to The Score......until he's gone, I can never forgive.

As far as Parkins, I don't know where this guy came from but literally any time I turn on the station I hear that guy talking about gambling or weed within 1-2 segments. I don't get it. He's not funny, he doesn't wow me with sports knowledge or takes, and if he's not busy giggling about weed or laying the points he is talking about being a millennial. Great radio.

I refused to ever flip over to 1000, and I have almost gotten into more than one accident diving for the dial to insure that I never hear one word out of the mouth of that colossal asshat Larry .... so, that said, I've changed my ways and tried giving shows a chance. I've tried with this show, and it's just not good. meatpants is probably the biggest problem, but this Parkins guy isn't a whole lot different than the vanilla-breathy-white-guy streak that The Score was so obsessed with for awhile (McDoink, etc). The pained sighing as he tries to come to a verdict on a given topic, you can keep it.

I've also tried with Bernstein and Laughy in the afternoon, and wow. I'm not sure I've ever heard more of a wannabe than Goff - there was some magical time in the past where I thought I wanted to hear more of this guy, but man was I wrong. The maniacal laughing, the table slapping, the guttural "eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" as he segues into a "oh, I got you, I got you", reversing course on whatever he was about to go the complete opposite on. His verbal jags of diarrhea are something else ... be interesting to get a candid answer, from Dan, as to which is more mystifying to sit there and listen to: Terry's almost verbatim parroting of whatever it was Dan just said or the incessant onslaught of verbal rehash from Goff.

As far as the fun you guys are mentioning, I do miss it in sports talk radio. Social media has caused these guys to get all hot and bothered, in real time, and react as if there takes are going to be brought before a court of law. No show is/was perfect, but I recall each show having it's own flavor ... whether it was the usual vanilla offering in the morning (Shaer, Memolo, Punny & Screamy) or North or Boers or even Murph, there was not always the dark cloud of seriousness hanging over everything like there is now. If this guy Parkins getting meatpants to strap a ping pong table to his girth is some sign of a return to fun, well count me out I guess because that's not the fun I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hope Spiegs brother kept his basement vacant for Spiegs eventual return.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Harry Seaward wrote:
I will always, always, dislike McNeil for bringing meatpants back to The Score......until he's gone, I can never forgive.

As far as Parkins, I don't know where this guy came from but literally any time I turn on the station I hear that guy talking about gambling or weed within 1-2 segments. I don't get it. He's not funny, he doesn't wow me with sports knowledge or takes, and if he's not busy giggling about weed or laying the points he is talking about being a millennial. Great radio.

I refused to ever flip over to 1000, and I have almost gotten into more than one accident diving for the dial to insure that I never hear one word out of the mouth of that colossal asshat Larry .... so, that said, I've changed my ways and tried giving shows a chance. I've tried with this show, and it's just not good. meatpants is probably the biggest problem, but this Parkins guy isn't a whole lot different than the vanilla-breathy-white-guy streak that The Score was so obsessed with for awhile (McDoink, etc). The pained sighing as he tries to come to a verdict on a given topic, you can keep it.

I've also tried with Bernstein and Laughy in the afternoon, and wow. I'm not sure I've ever heard more of a wannabe than Goff - there was some magical time in the past where I thought I wanted to hear more of this guy, but man was I wrong. The maniacal laughing, the table slapping, the guttural "eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" as he segues into a "oh, I got you, I got you", reversing course on whatever he was about to go the complete opposite on. His verbal jags of diarrhea are something else ... be interesting to get a candid answer, from Dan, as to which is more mystifying to sit there and listen to: Terry's almost verbatim parroting of whatever it was Dan just said or the incessant onslaught of verbal rehash from Goff.

As far as the fun you guys are mentioning, I do miss it in sports talk radio. Social media has caused these guys to get all hot and bothered, in real time, and react as if there takes are going to be brought before a court of law. No show is/was perfect, but I recall each show having it's own flavor ... whether it was the usual vanilla offering in the morning (Shaer, Memolo, Punny & Screamy) or North or Boers or even Murph, there was not always the dark cloud of seriousness hanging over everything like there is now. If this guy Parkins getting meatpants to strap a ping pong table to his girth is some sign of a return to fun, well count me out I guess because that's not the fun I'm looking for.

Welcome back, Harry!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Harry Seaward wrote:
As far as Parkins, I don't know where this guy came from

New Trier --> Syracuse --> Kansas City --> The Dr. Ken Podcast --> WSCR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Welcome back, Harry!

Thanks, JORRod. Nice job on the new host/board, quite a trick to click on the board three different times and be able to get to it :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:08 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Tad Queasy wrote:
Rarely have I heard him on the radio and thought "That guy seems happy and passionate." I usually think "That guy sounds like a condescending ass."

i generally don't listen to 9am-1pm chicago sports radio cuz that's the wheelhouse for drivetime UK radio, ergo my old quips about how i used to get my USDA mandated daily "Goff" allowance via Darren Gough on talkSPORT, but i did end up listening to speagol & parkins a few weeks ago and the one thing that struck me right away was that speagol was talking about how parkins "knows his music" and overall it felt like some thing where when you do a show with speagol you gotta pay fealty to him in terms of him being "the music guy" ergo you gotta go out and "earn his respect" via your musical chops/tastes/whatever...

...and i could only think about some guy like parkins showing up to his new station all willy nilly and as he starts doing his show with speagol he realizes "huh? i gotta act like this guy is some encyclopedic musical knowledge god because he plays in a cover band? what in the actual fuck?!" and it just felt kinda weird to me tbh.

that said, hey speagol, i'll stick by what i've always said over the years: i promise i'll make it out when tributosaurus "becomes" trouble funk. i'll even tip my bartender extra nice. #WordisBond.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:14 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Harry Seaward wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I actually think Parkins is carrying the show at this point. I like Spiegs, but Parkins is taking over right now. Spiegs was overblowing the Quintana trade as if it was as historic as Jordan returning.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Yeah I don't mind this show but I feel like some of the over-the-top praise for Parkins is just the latest instance of the board pretending guys are good radio simply for not being like Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:40 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Yeah I don't mind this show but I feel like some of the over-the-top praise for Parkins is just the latest instance of the board pretending guys are good radio simply for not being like Bernstein.

Danny Parkins wrote:
<long sigh>Really? I'm kind of a big deal. I was texting with my weed guy last night when I had to call my bookie about getting some in on the Cubs game, and he told me that I'm kind of a big deal (in KC).