It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

Crowder is a poor man's Butler. He has a great contract and I wouldn't mind him coming over in a deal that also netted some picks the Bulls way. He's also a year younger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Anything less than the two Brooklyn firsts is a failure. Jae Crowder should not prevent that from happening.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The thing with Crowder too is that it feels like the typical Bulls half-in half-out style of rebuild. I don't dislike him as a player but if you're shipping Jimmy you should be aiming to finish in the lottery this season. Demanding Crowder and Brown plus only one Brooklyn pick indicates the playoff revenue is still the top priority

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :cry:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:25 pm 

Obviously Ainge isn't that high on Butler.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
ZephMarshack wrote:
The thing with Crowder too is that it feels like the typical Bulls half-in half-out style of rebuild. I don't dislike him as a player but if you're shipping Jimmy you should be aiming to finish in the lottery this season. Demanding Crowder and Brown plus only one Brooklyn pick indicates the playoff revenue is still the top priority

Getting swept as the 8th seed offsets the cost of paying Crowder? Do Bulls have to share playoff revenue with everyone?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Obviously Ainge isn't that high on Butler.

Trade deadline isn't over yet. Not everybody is Vlade Divac. Relax.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm 

Since the team is going nowhere with or without a rebuild, I'd like to see them go balls out for the 8th seed

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Since the team is going nowhere with or without a rebuild, I'd like to see them go balls out for the 8th seed

Of course you would. You got a hundo riding on it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Of course you would. You got a hundo riding on it.

:lol:

Exactly

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).

They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:50 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

They'll need to take some salary back. Crowder and the 2 picks would be a great deal, but I don't think Boston would pull the trigger on that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:54 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:

They'll need to take some salary back. Crowder and the 2 picks would be a great deal, but I don't think Boston would pull the trigger on that.

Celtics don't have an overpaid bum to make the deal work?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:

Celtics don't have an overpaid bum to make the deal work?

Amir Johnson?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 pm 

:lol:

Yeah he qualifies I think for that label

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Jimmy to the Celtics quickly becoming a reality.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Jimmy to the Celtics quickly becoming a reality.

Where are you seeing this

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
3 hours ago – via Twitter NBADraftWass
Jonathan Wasserman: Hearing this could wind up being a 3-team trade between Philadelphia-Boston-Chicago including Butler, Okafor and lots of picks

6 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria

Adam Zagoria: The Celtics could also be acquiring more first-round picks to deal for Jimmy Butler, per league source.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Peoria Matt wrote:
3 hours ago – via Twitter NBADraftWass
Jonathan Wasserman: Hearing this could wind up being a 3-team trade between Philadelphia-Boston-Chicago including Butler, Okafor and lots of picks

6 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria

Adam Zagoria: The Celtics could also be acquiring more first-round picks to deal for Jimmy Butler, per league source.

Need multiple high 1st round picks and a player.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:12 am 

Interesting. This was on a wojo parody account. Any reputable sources sharing it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am 

RFDC wrote:
Interesting. This was on a wojo parody account. Any reputable sources sharing it?

Real Wojo twitter says Sixers/Boston trade. No Bulls mention.

Those 2 I posted are the only place I've seen it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Will not happen

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 am 

Nas wrote:
Will not happen

Agreed. GarPax don't have the stones to get involved. Easier to stick with status quo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Vincent Goodwill had a great point yesterday that I feel few people realize or are talking about: Boston trading down a couple picks means they'll be paying whoever they draft less money than the #1 overall selection. The money saved ($1.2 million) allows them to offer a max deal to Heyward or Griffin (4 years, $131 million). Jimmy's under contract the next 3 seasons for half that. Who knows what Ainge is going to do. He certainly sucks at drafting. His only significant picks are Al Jefferson and Tony Allen (2005) and Avery Bradley (2010). He sucks at signing players too. Should have saved the Al Horford money for this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm 

Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

:lol: :lol:

Well, if Stephen A said it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That was my first reaction as well.

Is that even possible with the salaries?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

he said it with the conviction of a LTG

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

he said it with the conviction of a LTG

Well then in that case it is such

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next