It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Offseason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I'd think you'd get back more for panarin than anisimov but maybe not. Both would free up cap space and Panarin is gone in two years any ways as the cap situation is years away from stabilizing without serious movement of the long term high dollar contracts. That Seabs contract is just brutal. It goes on forever.

The problem with AA is the contract. Also, he doesn't win faceoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I'd honesty ship both but that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This cap bullshit is ridiculous. Do some revenue sharing or something. It's also interesting that the league with the absolute stingiest cap and cap rules has had 3 teams win 8 of the last 9 cups. You have got to allow these teams to re-sign their own talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Makes it pretty apparent that the NHL has a few very smart management teams and MANY idiotic management teams...whether you try to force parity with the hard cap or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Time to plant some coke on Seabs and terminate his contract.

Just give him the coke to get his heart rate back up!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
I have a feeling that the cap issue is going to be huge from the owners' side come the next CBA. I mean, over 1/3 of the teams are in cap hell, which I guess is currently the cost of doing business for teams that actually want to compete. Bettman's lust for league parity is going to cost the league in the long run, although his defense may be the higher Cup Final ratings over last year.

The economics of a regional sport forced into being a national sport are not compatible with the narrow salary range forced upon the league. But MANY owners (especially the most important owner of them all) love that low-revenue teams limit the money they're compelled to spend on their own teams: the, and let's pick a completely random team here, Boston Bruins will make pretty much the same revenue whether the Coyotes and Predators exist or the Quebec Nordiques and Hamilton Tigers exist instead, but the hypothetical Nordiques and Tigers would make more than their real-life counterparts and raise the cap.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Reports per LeBrun are cap will be $75MM. I think that means no core guys have to go after Kruger is traded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Reports per LeBrun are cap will be $75MM. I think that means no core guys have to go after Kruger is traded

I think Krugers contract cover Panarins bonus money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:05 am 

Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It covers that plus $500k more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It covers that plus $500k more.

Guess Tootoo will be hanging around, then... :drunken:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:16 am 

The expansion draft list is what you expect it is.

Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks

Protected players
Artem Anisimov (F)
Ryan Hartman (F)
Marian Hossa (F)
Tomas Jurco (F)
Patrick Kane (F)
Richard Panik (F)
Jonathan Toews (F)
Niklas Hjalmarsson (D)
Duncan Keith (D)
Brent Seabrook (D)
Corey Crawford (G)

Available players
Kyle Baun (F)
Andrew Desjardins (F)
Marcus Kruger (F)
Pierre-Cedric Labrie (F)
Michael Latta (F)
Brandon Mashinter (F)
Dennis Rasmussen (F)
Jordin Tootoo (F)
Brian Campbell (D)
Dillon Fournier (D)
Shawn Lalonde (D)
Johnny Oduya (D)
Ville Pokka (D)
Michal Rozsival (D)
Viktor Svedberg (D)
Trevor van Riemsdyk (D)
Mac Carruth (G)
Jeff Glass (G)

Panarin, Schmaltz, Forsling, Kempny, and Hayden weren't eligible to begin with so they're not protected from anything. Also, a lot of those unprotected guys are expiring contracts (Campbell, Oduya, Desjardins), so they wouldn't get chosen anyway. Dillon Fournier already retired.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Forgot about Shawn Lalonde...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm 

Quote:
The Blackhawks landed another major name on Tuesday, having agreed to terms with undrafted free agent defenseman Darren Raddysh on a one-year AHL contract. He will report to the Rockford IceHogs, where he will get a chance to prove himself in hopes of signing an NHL deal with the big club.

Raddysh, 21, was named the OHL's top defenseman after scoring 16 goals and 65 assists for 81 points in 62 regular-season games for the Erie Otters, where he was teammates with top Blackhawks prospect Alex DeBrincat.

Raddysh, who's 6-foot, 200 pounds and possesses a right-handed shot, also registered eight goals and 14 assists in 22 playoff games, and led all defenseman with three goals, five assists and eight points during the Memorial Cup.

He compiled 41 goals and 143 assists for 184 points across 272 games during his five-year OHL career, and is the Otters' all-time leader in assists and points.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 pm 

Meh, I wouldn't call a guy who made it through his overage season without being drafted a "major name," but if he can shore up the severely lacking organizational depth at defense, glad to have him aboard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:07 pm 

It appears I misread that post: when they said "report to the IceHogs," I thought he was on an entry-level contract, but apparently he's signed to the IceHogs outright, which means he isn't on our 50-man roster and could sign with another NHL team if he wanted. This seems a little unorthodox to me, because usually the only guys on outright AHL contracts these days are veteran minor-leaguers or bumblefucks thankful not to be in the ECHL instead.

I guess what I'm saying is watch the New York Rangers scoop him up from under us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm 

Trevor van Riemsdyk indeed goes to Las Vegas. Other notable expansion claims are Marchessault from Florida, Fleury from Pittsburgh, REAL DEAL JAMES NEAL from Nashville, and Marc Methot from Ottawa. For the most part, though, holy shit, what a bunch of awful players. Teemu Pulkkinen? Chris Thorburn? Deryk Engelland? This team will blow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:31 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Trevor van Riemsdyk indeed goes to Las Vegas. Other notable expansion claims are Marchessault from Florida, Fleury from Pittsburgh, REAL DEAL JAMES NEAL from Nashville, and Marc Methot from Ottawa. For the most part, though, holy shit, what a bunch of awful players. Teemu Pulkkinen? Chris Thorburn? Deryk Engelland? This team will blow.

I read that Vegas was gonna flip TVR to Carolina.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Cashman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I read that Vegas was gonna flip TVR to Carolina.

Scott Darling called and said "please do not"

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It'll be interesting to see what the league does with Hossa and the Hawks cap. It sounded like they are looking into the situation as there is a bit of irony with Hossa's 2017-2018 salary (only $1M), the cap impact, and the rules on what happens if he retires. It is a bit suspicious timing wise.

"The Hawks will now almost certainly look to put Hossa on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), which should give them up to $5.275 million in salary-cap relief. However, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly told reporters in Las Vegas that the league has not decided what the cap treatment will be for the Hawks."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
If they let the kings skirt Richards contract with the bullshit drug arrest there is no way they can create a way to block the Hawks on this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am 

If they let the kings skirt Richards contract with the bullshit drug arrest there is no way they can create a way to block the Hawks on this.

I dunno. It is really suspicious. Cap hit over $5M, salary under $1M, and rules designed to penalize teams over those types of contracts. But I am inclined to agree that if the Hawks can show Hossa has a legit "injury", then they'll probably be ok.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
It is suspicious and convenient...but they've let other more blatant cap abuses pass through.
This will not get stopped.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:28 am 

denisdman wrote:

I dunno. It is really suspicious. Cap hit over $5M, salary under $1M, and rules designed to penalize teams over those types of contracts. But I am inclined to agree that if the Hawks can show Hossa has a legit "injury", then they'll probably be ok.

This is pretty clear IMO. I am sure you can get an Objective report from a doctor on this. Also, you can see players in the past retiring from something like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
If they have reports going back several years that they have been treating this than yeah, its pretty cut and dry. The cynic in me says that if they had a better chance of winning the cup next year he would try to play

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 am 

Cashman wrote:
denisdman wrote:

This is pretty clear IMO. I am sure you can get an Objective report from a doctor on this. Also, you can see players in the past retiring from something like this.

Devil's advocate here-What's pretty clear is he was willing to play through it last year and had a decent season. But now that his salary is only $1M, he isn't willing to play through it. And if the Hawks have offered him any type of services agreement ala Kerry Wood that will make it look even worse.

Again, I agree they will get cap relief, but I am not sure it is 100% clear.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 am 

Hammer traded to Arizona for Dmen Laurent Dauphin and Connor Murphy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Anyone know about these 2 guys?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
:cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 am 

Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Anyone know about these 2 guys?

Connor Murphy is good. It's clear they are trying to get younger on D as Hammer is 30 and these guys are 22 and 24. Murphy signed through 2022 at cap hit of $3.8MM

Dauphin is still a prospect, I can't see him being much more than a 6/7 Dman at best though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Connor Murphy is Gord Murphy's kid. Solid pedigree, right there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next