It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It's the Rocky-Thunderlips/Muhammad Ali-Antonio Inoki/Butterbean-Bart Gunn match.

Hell, Mayweather already did this with Big Show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
badrogue17 wrote:
You fuckers are disgusting . How dare there be this many posts without mentioning THAT HE BEAT HIS KIDS!! You're as bad as the media !! This info needs to be out there every time!

DiCaro: The Disgusting Media Whitewashing Of Floyd Mayweather

By Julie DiCaro–

(CBS) Floyd Mayweather hits women. He hits them viciously, repeatedly and in front of their children. Mayweather has been accused of or criminally charged with seven incidents involving five different women in recent years. He has been convicted of hitting women on three different occasions, the last of which resulted in a 90-day jail sentence. Mayweather’s victims have been outspoken and have described his violent outbursts publicly and in great detail. On at least two occasions, his battery of women took place in front of several witnesses.

Why then, as sports fans in America have been embroiled in an ongoing debate about the futures of pro athletes like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson, all of whom have been accused of some form of domestic abuse, has Mayweather escaped public scrutiny? After all, Mayweather has been accused of domestic violence (as well as battery of his girlfriend’s friends and a Las Vegas security guard) more times than Rice, Hardy and Peterson combined. Yet while Rice, Peterson and Hardy have all been forced to spend time away from the NFL and jump through various legal hoops in order to be reinstated by the NFL, Mayweather has continued to be celebrated by the national media.

Last week, Katie Couric interviewed Mayweather ahead of his outrageously hyped May 2 bout against Manny Pacquiao, serving up softball questions that allowed Mayweather nothing more than a platform to deny his history of violence against women. ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, an outspoken advocate for pro athletes everywhere accused of domestic violence, has filmed an episode of All-Access at Mayweather’s Las Vegas mansion, which features such hard-hitting questions as, “This is a beautiful house, my man — how many square feet is this?”

To be fair to Smith, he did upset Mayweather by publicly criticizing him back in October. Unfortunately, Smith has yet to confront Mayweather with his history of beating women. Rather, Mayweather was upset that Smith said he thought Mayweather was “ducking” fighting Pacquiao.

So why is it that the mainstream media that has been so intent on milking the domestic dramas of various NFL players has ostensibly decided to ignore Mayweather’s violent history?

Certainly, money plays no small role in the manner in which Mayweather is presented to the American public. Mayweather’s fight against Pacquiao will cost $89 to watch on pay per view, $99 for HD. Revenue from the fight is expected to exceed $400 million, shattering all previous pay-pay-view records. So while it’s understandable, though not excusable, that HBO/Showtime (who own the pay-per-view rights) continue to whitewash Mayweather’s image, it’s curious why outlets such as ESPN and Yahoo! have also chosen to participate in such an odious pastime.

For his part, Mayweather has had to do nothing to win over the public but sit back and allow the media to focus on what he wants them to see: his ridiculously lavish Vegas abode, his collection of luxury cars, his gold-plated garbage bags full of money. When Mayweather does address his past treatment of women, he offers vague defenses, usually involving blaming the victims and speculating that his accusers are jealous of his lifestyle. He then moves on to more comfortable topics, such as comparing women to cars and publicly accusing them of abortion.

There’s more evidence that Mayweather is a bully and a despicable human being than there is for just about any other athlete on the planet. His (literal) crimes and misdemeanors have been well-exposed and documented for the entire word to see. He refuses to show remorse or even accept responsibility for his tendency to beat women in front of multiple witnesses, including his own children.

If Americans are willing to pay $99 to contribute to the opulent lifestyle of a guy like Floyd Mayweather, we have much, much farther to go than we thought.

I don't think many people "whitewash" it, I think the majority of boxing fans and the general public simply don't care

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 pm 

keep that shit in her respective thread. she doesn't know shit about boxing nor knew about anything about floyd mayweather until she read a bunch of stories with formulated opinions already about it, then vomited a bunch of words into an "article".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I hope Mcgregor stands in the middle of the ring and makes Floyd fight, not his typical pussy fighting and running... Mcgregor has a few things going for him, age, reach, chin, power, If Floyd dances around and outpoints him in a boring ass fight the fans will boo his Ass for 12 rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Wait, this is going to be a boxing match and not MMA rules?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:54 pm 

Floyd is going to dance around for 12 rounds and do just enough to win each round. McGregor wont land a decent shot the whole fight.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Terry's Peeps wrote:
It's the Rocky-Thunderlips/Muhammad Ali-Antonio Inoki/Butterbean-Bart Gunn match.

Hell, Mayweather already did this with Big Show.

:( Poor Bart Gunn. I was kind of sad when I learned what a bitter asshole JR was about his boy Dr. Death.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:25 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Floyd is going to dance around for 12 rounds and do just enough to win each round. McGregor wont land a decent shot the whole fight.

You're probably right, that's why Floyd is a huge favorite.. It's why I rarely watch boxing, the scoring system blows.. A weak punch that doesn't hurt shouldn't be rewarded and being aggressive should be. I'll watch GGG and that's about it for boxing for me. All it takes is one big body shot from Mcgregor and he can drop Floyd with a blow to the head or body... Floyd has no power, he can't drop Mcgregor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Video of the two of them training side-by-side. This is going to be a joke.

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/88057039 ... tart%3D220

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 am 

Franky T wrote:

If CM chases Floyd around and swings n misses for 12 rounds it will suck and look ugly. I think CM will stand in the middle of the ring and talk shit and make Floyd fight him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 pm 

312player wrote:
Franky T wrote:

If CM chases Floyd around and swings n misses for 12 rounds it will suck and look ugly. I think CM will stand in the middle of the ring and talk shit and make Floyd fight him.

If Conor stands in the middle of ring , talks shit, and dares mayweather to fight him, mayweather will go in the middle of ring and smack him around, you're really underestimating just how easy this is going to be for Floyd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
All it takes is 1 punch. Even Mayweather loses something at 40.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Got the call from the friend the other day inquiring if I was going to get this fight. Told him 100 bucks or whatever it is was a pretty step price for something I have only a modicum of interest in but if he wanted to raise a good portion of the money we could get the fight here. Hell, a reason to grill something and drink whiskey is okay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Pass

Boxing is dead. MMA is dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Put a few dollars on McGregor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am 

Nas wrote:

After watching that fight last week I think at worst it is a split decision no matter how much he gets dominated.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:

After watching that fight last week I think at worst it is a split decision no matter how much he gets dominated.

He knocks Mayweather out. He's going to be wild and aggressive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 am 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:

He knocks Mayweather out. He's going to be wild and aggressive.

He wont touch him but will be the aggressor every round.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:46 am 

Darren RovellESPN Senior Writer

Floyd Mayweather says he can't pay off his 2015 tax liability until after he gets some money from his Aug. 26 fight against Conor McGregor.

The boxer filed a Tax Court petition on July 5 that asks the IRS to allow him a reprieve until the fight.

"Although the taxpayer has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid," the petition said, according to the legal website Law360. "The taxpayer has a significant liquidity event scheduled in about 60 days from which he intends to pay the balance of the 2015 tax liability due and outstanding."

It is not known how much money Mayweather owes, but the IRS had previously argued that Mayweather had the resources to pay it immediately, even if it meant selling property or taking out a loan, Law360 reported.

Mayweather made about $220 million from his fight with Manny Pacquiao on May 2, 2015. Mayweather shared on social media a photo of a $100 million check -- his guaranteed purse from the fight -- which did not have taxes deducted from it. Sources confirmed at the time that the check was indeed genuine.

Mayweather is expected to make a similar amount for the McGregor fight.

The petition also asks to reduce the penalty Mayweather received from not paying all of his taxes for the year.

The failure-to-pay penalty is typically 0.5 percent of the owed taxes for each month, according to the IRS website. Mayweather's 2015 taxes are currently 15 months past due, which would equal a 7.5 percent charge on top of what is owed.

Mayweather has earned approximately $700 million in his 49-fight professional career, according to a Forbes magazine estimate.

In an interview with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith in 2015, Mayweather showed Smith his Las Vegas home garage with seven cars that he said were worth "close to $15 million." Mayweather told Smith that he owned the cars but did not drive them.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 am 

Listening to some of the talk yesterday, kind of sounds like Floyd is starting to make excuses just in case he was to lose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Love your suit:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Listening to some of the talk yesterday, kind of sounds like Floyd is starting to make excuses just in case he was to lose.

I think he was saying all that stuff to build up the maybe Conor could knock him out hype to get as many people to buy the fight as possible

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Jessie Vargas says that he heard McGregor got knocked out by his sparring partner.

Mayweather may actually record a KO in this one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Jessie Vargas says that he heard McGregor got knocked out by his sparring partner.

Mayweather may actually record a KO in this one.

I saw that headline. McGregor doesn't have much in a boxing match except for power.

As big a piece of shit as Mayweather is I don't think Conor can really do anything in this setting.