It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:02 am 

I really have no desire to play this year. I'm still really excited about football but I don't even really want to take the time to play fantasy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yes, Fantasy sports in general are. I am giving up my Fantasy baseball team at year end after a 15 year run.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 am 

I used to love fantasy football, but have grown to not care about it over the last 4 or 5 years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Used to play 3-4 football leagues a year but I haven't played in over the last 3 years. I stopped playing fantasy baseball too and I started playing that around 2000 or so. Our live draft of our roto baseball league used to be my favorite day of the year.

Is fantasy getting stale? Not overall. I still play Draft Kings Nascar every race and I am in 2 dynasty hockey leagues. I plan to start playing daily fantasy hockey this year on the weekends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
the best part for me is the draft, which is just an excuse to get friends and family together. After that, it's so based on injuries and stuff that it's really luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I can't get into a game that has an outcome based on 96% luck and 4% sitting around monitoring a waiver wire.

After I got lucky and won 2 or 3 grand in an online league a few years ago, I quit playing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I can't get into a game that has an outcome based on 96% luck
:lol:

Aren't the baseball playoffs almost all luck?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I can't get into a game that has an outcome based on 96% luck
:lol:

Aren't the baseball playoffs almost all luck?

First, no... but you can keep re-inventing my argument if you'd like.

Second, even if it were, I'm not playing it and paying to enter. I'm just watching passively.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I thought your argument was that all 8 teams(including the team that won the Wild Card play in) have roughly the same odds of winning it all?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 am 

Fantasy is great.

Nas' league is just stale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:48 am 

DAC wrote:
Used to play 3-4 football leagues a year but I haven't played in over the last 3 years. I stopped playing fantasy baseball too and I started playing that around 2000 or so. Our live draft of our roto baseball league used to be my favorite day of the year.

Is fantasy getting stale? Not overall. I still play Draft Kings Nascar every race and I am in 2 dynasty hockey leagues. I plan to start playing daily fantasy hockey this year on the weekends.

You're a hockey guy? I don't recall seeing you post in the Blackhawks threads...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I thought your argument was that all 8 teams(including the team that won the Wild Card play in) have roughly the same odds of winning it all?

Well, historically, if you look at the results, they do. But I don't argue that. My argument is that the baseball playoffs are far more random than other sports' playoff systems. However, top end starting pitching is a difference maker.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am 

Baseball playoffs may be a crapshoot, but getting into the playoffs is not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
However, top end starting pitching is a difference maker.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
denisdman wrote:
DAC wrote:

You're a hockey guy? I don't recall seeing you post in the Blackhawks threads...

I posted a couple times in there over the last month.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I really have no desire to play this year. I'm still really excited about football but I don't even really want to take the time to play fantasy.

Gave it up last year as I was so down with about everything. Didn't miss it. Won't play this year.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I gave up baseball a couple of years ago because it was turning into a chore keeping up with who was being demoted/promoted as a closer, and that you had to run to a computer/phone to pick up the guy right away. Too much paying attention to every single day's lineup too.

Football is becoming more of a chore -- I don't like the Thursday games every week -- they are bad football in general, and annoying for fantasy purposes because I have to cram everything into a two day window after the Monday night game. I find myself incredibly aggravated when I lose and only mildly happy when I win any given week. I really think I wouldn't miss it at all leaving it behind, but I've run one league for 16 years now and I know several people really like it... that being said, we are dropping down to 10 teams this year from 12 because people are getting bored of it. I'm in another league which is an auction keeper IDP league which is more interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The only thing I like playing fantasy wise is the Fanduel league. I go in for $25 every year and once that runs out I'm done. I've always been paid and if you keep the dollar amount small you're invested in you're less stressed about the cheating.

My league with my friends is going on about 18 years now and I took a break a few years ago. Didn't miss it at all really.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This thread is 2-3 years late.

I quit all fantasy sports 2 years ago. Turns out it was a great decision. No longer feel obligated to watch NFL games or read box scores or do weekly research. It's like I quit a second job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Fantasy is great.

Nas' league is just stale.

My leagues are the best. MANY people used to say that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
It has become too hard for the 12 guys in my league to get together for a live draft, so that has taken a lot of the fun out of it and every "off-season" I say I am going to quit. Then I begrudgingly play and find myself having fun once the season starts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Franky summed it up well.

The last "live draft" we had, had 4/10 in attendance 2 years ago. It used to be a thing...I blame my friends kids. When one of the guys had kids, it was easy...but now 90% do so it's impossible for them to get away for an afternoon/evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm 

Can't you just do an online draft? I never understood the reason for a live draft. If I want to hang out with 12 of my friends, I sure as shit don't want to pour over football rosters for hours while we hang out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i have a 15 yr old college buddy league. its like 25 bucks and half of us dont' give much shits anymore. about 5 years ago, we started planning out a live draft in chicago. one of us struck it rich and was even going to pay for half the airfare for everyone to make it. only like 5 of us would of been able to. so we never tried again. we do it live and have a blast for those 2 hours. none of us care if we win or lose, its just socializing.

i have another 1 that is a draft 25 roster spots and then the waiver wire is completely blocked off. its still fun.

but yeah, i used to be a 7-8 league guy and i paid attention. i did my own projections, the whole thing. i made a few hundred bucks the first year i did draft kings. but ultimately life got in the way and i'd rather spend my time doing other things.

i was a 10 year rotisserie baseball and basketball guy as well. gave that up and don't really miss it.

i'm not a "guys who cheer against their team to win at fantasy football are idiots" guy or anything though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:21 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Can't you just do an online draft? I never understood the reason for a live draft. .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:59 pm 

I still enjoy it.

The draft was always the highlight of the year. I enjoy drinking with friends, ripping on each other's picks and there is plenty of time between picks to hang out. Unfortunately the last couple of years have been week night drafts. Most of the players are still able to have their normal night of drinking but it ruins it for me. I still have enjoy the camaraderie.

I still find in season to be interesting. Unlike others have said, it really isn't dumb luck. The same guys seem to be good every year and the same bad players are usually bad with a bit of mobility each year. Maybe it would be stale if I was a guy who was consistently out of it by the half way point. I haven't been a guy like that for at least five years.

I can think of far worse ways to spend a couple hundred dollars/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I still enjoy it.

The draft was always the highlight of the year. I enjoy drinking with friends, ripping on each other's picks and there is plenty of time between picks to hang out. Unfortunately the last couple of years have been week night drafts. Most of the players are still able to have their normal night of drinking but it ruins it for me. I still have enjoy the camaraderie.

I still find in season to be interesting. Unlike others have said, it really isn't dumb luck. The same guys seem to be good every year and the same bad players are usually bad with a bit of mobility each year. Maybe it would be stale if I was a guy who was consistently out of it by the half way point. I haven't been a guy like that for at least five years.

I can think of far worse ways to spend a couple hundred dollars/

Pretty much agree with all this

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Injuries have really sucked the fun out of it.