It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Indeed, as we start off this season's thread I'd like to have a moment of silence for the ~23mil that FC Barcelona owes Neymar Sr (Neymar's dad) for the "loyalty bonus" from Neymar's contract extension @ Barcelona last year.

Seriously, what a bunch of assholes, right? It's not like Neymar's dad held up his son's transfer to P$G by a week or more JUST so he could collect ~23mil of a loyalty bonus on August 1st... And even if he did FU BARCA PAY WHAT YOU OWE!!!!!!!!11

Indeed, the major story in world football now is basically two fronts of the same concept: the absolutely mindblowingly inflated prices for players, and of course the daddy of em all: Neymar's ~£200mil move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-German (P$G) -- a LOT of people are enjoying Barca's comeuppance here as earlier in the summer/xfer-window they tried to strongarm P$G's Verrati to join them (Barca being renown for tapping up players over the years-- #BarcaDNA, you know? =)

AND NOT ONLY DID IT FAIL (Verrati had to record a laughable apology video for P$G/fans) but it also failed spectacularly as it quite possibly helped to motivate P$G into fucking with Barca by going and taking their 2nd/3rd best player basically because they can. This theoretically makes PSG more of a player in the Champions League (remember last season against Barcelona they blew a 4-0 lead heading into the 2nd leg via a [ref assisted] 6-1 beatdown @ the camp nou) and now Neymar can quest to be the best player in the world as he's no longer in Messi's shadow (example = Neymar was the key to that 6-1 comeback but after the final whistle all the cameras were still on Messi)

and hey the first year Neymar was at Barca I used to call his left wing position "Neymar Island" because when he was out there he was relatively-pedeatrian.... But when Messi was out injured and therefore Neymar got tossed the keys to the Barca engine [via playing centrally] he always looked way more interested, engaged, and ultimately class. Obviously Nerman could function quite well in the MSN setup, but now we should get a chance to see him flourish as THE MAN at an oil-rich state-owned club that's basically like [Man] City Southeast in terms of being willing to do $$$WHATEVER IT TAKE$$$ to build a proper Merc squad year in and year out...

So yeah in theory Neymar should have a real good chance to succeed internationally @ PSG cuz they basically walk the french league 4/5 seasons, not to mention their only real competition for Ligue 1 (Monaco) is busy cashing out their current crop of lottery tickets (they got 50mil for that back from Citeh, they want 180mil or whatever for mbappe, Arsenal is supposedly willing to go 45-50mil+ for Lemar, and not only am I surely forgetting another one or two players, but don't forget they managed 69mil/+ for Martial a couple'a years ago, so whoever's doing the scouting for them needs a hefty pay raise or 5 stat before some bigger team decides "hey instead of paying Monaco 50-150mil++ for their young studs how about we buy out the people who are discovering all of these $$$BANKABLE ASSETS$$$ ??

Indeed, you figure if Monaco can get 150mil/+ for mbappe they'd be foolish not to sell him, and supposedly this Thomas Lemar kid thst Arsenal wants is NOT for sale, however they probably would sell him at 75mil/+ cuz while there's a chance he could do even better this year and maybe get you a 9 figure transfer fee next year, he also could get hurt and destroy his value, or the transfer market [bubble?] could burst and then they can't get thst silky crazy money they clearly are interested in doing (when sigurdsson is going for ~50mil you know shit has gotten out of hand. Last year ~75mil got you Gonzalo Higuain coming off of his best season, this year it gets you Alvaro Morata coming off of the Real Madrid bench!)

Indeed, 75mil for [the "PL proven"] lukaku seems like a relative coup when you consider thst Morata went for 75mil/+ only a few weeks later. And when ~25mil got ManUtd a ~30yr old Robin van Persie coming off of a 30 goal PL season at arsenal, now ~25mil is an introductory offer to try and get Olivier Giroud coming off of a season where he was riding arsenal's bench in the 2nd half of the season!)

So yeah, enjoy all this transfer madness while it lasts.... And remember when you see these inflated prices: we haven't even hit the desperation phase right b4 the end of the window closes... This transfer deadline day could be even more hilarious than purple dildos in a sky sports reporter's ear! Stay tuned true believers!

AROUND THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL-PROPER:

- Man City Pep Guardiola has assembled the most expensive back line in football history (50mil for the Monaco guy, 50mil for Kyle Walker? Then 37mil+ for stones and uhhh isn't their another ~35-50mil guy back there too?) -- and pep's general philosophy of "buy all of the players" means that they want Alexis Sanchez up front with Gabe Jesus and KDB and Silva/raheem/whoever. Supposedly kun aguero (who can play for my team when he's fit/healthy) is now totally expendable? Wowzers. Once again IN THEORY city should walk the prem, especially if Pep is the best manager in the world (whose recent 400-500mil/+ shopping sprees over the last 2 seasons @ city are pushing him up towards/over the 1 billion spent on players mark for the entirety of his managerial career) --- seriously pep can't have any more excuses can he?

- Chelsea (more specifically Conte) is arrogant as fuck in assuming they're brilliant and a half so they can just casually brush of their 2x-PL-Winning striker Diego Costa and roll with batshauyi and now the 75mil+ Man Himself, Alvaro Morata. Batshauyi was totally invisible during his ~60-70mins the pitch vs arsenal today, and when Morata subbed on for him Morata looked absolutely shit (right after he got on the pitch William provided him with a brilliant + beautiful ball across the box, which he promptly airmailed ~15ft/+ over the net FROM POINT BLANK RANGE. Yeah Costa is a Caller Bob who seemingly is only interested in trying hard for maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of a season at most... but still, when he's properly arsed the dude can play. Thats way more than what I can say for what I've seen of batshauyi and Morata (although I hear batshauyi had a really nice finish to the season last season? Probably after Chelsea had all but formally clinched the prem tbh =)

- Man United wanted Morata but settled for Lukaku (who had a hell of a season at Everton, but a lot of ppl are all LOLWAT?! at lukaku going for 75mil? Wow. Mourinho is no stranger to buying success (a la pep) so they did some good business for Chelsea by getting Matic for 40mil (his de-facto/replacement, Kante, only cost 35mil! Lol) and they want this Perisic dude and rah rah rah blah blah blah it'll be interesting to see if they take zlatan back when he's fit, and if they do, they're not going to pay him 360k/week right? Nor is zlatan gonna take that much less than his salary last season, is he? Get your popcorn ready.

Also it's Mourinho year 2, which is the peak year/season of his [schtick] so this is the trophy haul season b4 his players get sick of him and go far as tanking a seasoned 5 to get rid of him.

- Liverpool got humiliated via getting caught tapping up Virgil van dijk... Their formal apology via press release is sone kind of "special" and highly recommended reading. Furthermore, Klopp hilariously said of a recent preaeason loss to atl Madrid "they were all about winning while we were trying to play football" and now Mo Salah is the most dangerous winger in the world.... Ya heard? Will Barca go for countinho? Originally Neymar wanted thrn to get him so he could play with his BFF, but now that Neymar is gone they might get him to replace nerman? Hmmm.

But hey I hear Sturridge is as healthy as he's ever been and jurgen klopp is a genius so they should be for sure top-4 and at least CL QFs, right? They won't get tripped up in CL qualifiers against hoffenheim or whoever, right?

- Spurs? It'd be LOL if Barca goes for dele Alli to replace Neymar, or if RM exercises their "tactical partnership" with the spuds to get a possible consolation for the mega-priced mbappe. That said, obviously spurs have a young dynamic core with an up snd coming manager (who surely has to be in some football death Star managerial shirt lists) and you know, bigger and better things expected of them this year, right? Thank God spurs aren't perennial/chronic bottlers like their rivals Arsenal, otherwise there could be some massive disappointment in store for their fans (beyond the disappointment having to play @ wembkey) so yeah.... Big big things in store for this wonderful club!

- Arsenal: you know our deal. This year we're claiming that we'll lose out on a transfer fee for the wantaway Alexis Sanchez cuz we need him.this year (to get top-4/CL back as opposed to pulling a >Moyes-to-Liverpool) and uhhh.... I honestly don't know who Thomas Lemar is but go sign him... Please? And get a real CM cuz Ramsey is always 1-2 months fit, 1-2 months injured, 1-2 months fit, 1-2 months injured -- alternating like thst til the end of time. I'm glad Wilshire is around cuz he could be useful when Ramsey is inexorably injured and Arsene is tempted to use two DMs/holding-mids instead of a DM+CM combo. The 2 holding mids only works against lower 6-10 teams.... Don't tempt fate by rolling it out again. AND PLEASE DONT BE FOOLED INTO THINKING OX IS ANY GOOD... PLEASE?!

anyways, more later when I think it up (especially on YOUR 2017 DAVID MOYES MEMORIAL TROPHY WINNERS: ARSENAL!! =) So yeah take care / give hell / be excellent and, as always, enjoy Barca's comeuppance!!! It's been a long time coming, eh? =]

Last edited by sinicalypse on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
anybody want to go in on NBC's $50 package for premiership?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
City of Fools wrote:

What's the sharing deal?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 am 

This morning Liverpool's owners say that Coutinho is going nowhere this morning.... And now talkSPORT is all over Coutinho supposedly handing in a transfer request.

Hey if you can get 120mil from Barca b4 the transfer bubble bursts at least it's not all bad?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:36 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's the sharing deal?

I'll go half...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm 

Heh, I meant how many logins and stuff. I know MLB.TV is 5 different ones so I always end up paying 1/5th, between 5 people. I mean I'd pay 1/2, but just wondering.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Arsenal wins the league after today's match, United fires Morhino?sp? And Chelsea fires the excitable Italian guy...Boom!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Good to see Liverpool is already in mid-season form against bad teams.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
ZephMarshack wrote:
Good to see Liverpool is already in mid-season form against bad teams.

As was the ref as the tying goal scorer was offsides.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Heh, I meant how many logins and stuff. I know MLB.TV is 5 different ones so I always end up paying 1/5th, between 5 people. I mean I'd pay 1/2, but just wondering.

I bought it, I do not see anywhere on the website about maximum number of logins.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 am 

Wonder how early Palace can get Fat Sam back. I don't see Dutch Pardew lasting long.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Wonder how early Palace can get Fat Sam back. I don't see Dutch Pardew lasting long.

Halftime?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
crosscheck wrote:
Arsenal wins the league after today's match, United fires Morhino?sp? And Chelsea fires the excitable Italian guy...Boom!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

I don't know, but I just PM'ed Psycory. I assume you did too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:54 pm 

Goddamn MOTHERFUCKING cocksucking tittysucking two balled son of a bitchass piece of goddamn SHITE WITH AN E LIKE THE "E" IN "2016 BEARS" ARSENAL!!!!!11

Without harping on the ~90%+ onsides offsides goal that woulda equalized it circa ~70-75' (and given us a boost after ~15-20+ mins of dominating the game instead of deflating us til the end) that game was cosmically balanced as a draw, as arsenal bottling their usual 3-4 quality chances = same ol arsenal........ We deserved a point today, even tho theoretically we shoulda won a game like today.....

But man.... At least this might convince them to buy some fucking midfield help! Maybe another CB? Montreal playing at CB caught up with you when you have the 2nd soft ass goal right at the beginning of the 2H in the last 3 games.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm 

soooo yeah, go figure i didn't feel like saying too much after that arsenal-brand debacle @ anfield a couple'a sundays ago ("liverpool was irresistible" - NBCSN commentator for the early game today) cuz like..... i wasn't mad like any one of your favorite Arsenal Fan TV "personalities" -- instead i just likened LFC 4-0 Arse to marrying a 200lb woman and then a few years later turning around and getting mad at her for being 200lbs; there's no surprises here.... this is what that "mental midgetude" i've attributed to arsenal for years is all about: having the unique ability to absolutely shit the bed in ways that totally accentuate the annual roller-coaster ride (to 4th place) that is arsene, erm, ARSENAL FC!

the transfer deadline = you figure the 92mil bid for lemar was 100% bullshit, and if it wasn't then i don't feel too bad for lemar rejecting arsenal cuz no CL football because you figure a young kid NEEDS that CL football so he can catch the eye of RM/Barca/P$G/ManUtd/City/Chelsea/etc, aka his next club after Arsenal.... and hey by the end of last season i was saying that if Arsenal couldn't potentially replace Alexis this summer then why the hell not bite your thumb at 40-60mil and just keep him for one more year because HE SIGNED DA TING and you know, we make so much damn money that we got stan kroenke parasitically attached to us so you know sir chips keswick and pals are doing their thing atop the arsenal pyramid..... so why not show a little backbone for once in your recent/ish history (see: RvP, Cesc, Adebayor, Vieira, etc going all the way back to Anelka) and keep a guy around cuz 40-60mil ain't shit to the Arsenal and do what you gotta do to get that CL back and THEN you can get the young-n-upwardly-mobile players in here for a couple'a years, and then maybe just maybe arsenal will win a decent trophy just once in my football lifetime?! c'est la vie.

also, holy shit arsenal got 40mil for THE dumbshit Himself, alex oxlade-chambershit. i wonder how long it's gonna take scousers to figure out that he's shit.... the english media is on his nuts so hardcore that over this last int'l break they invented this term called "end product" to try and explain how the ox is indeed some kind of young-n-athletic with class for days.... just that he needs to work on his "end product" a little bit cuz that "end product" is often lacking..... you know, that means that when ox runs down the pitch and/or dribbles with the ball he's some kind of world-class talent.... but then when he has to pass it or shoot it or make some kind of football move that ENDS his possession of the ball, well yeah that's where he's "a little bit lacking" --- but what should i expect from an english footy media that basically banged the drums for ox like he has one decent game against city [in the FA Cup semis] with a nice assist to ozil to set up the go-ahead/game-winning goal, and immediately the papers are like SIGN HIM UP WONGA! MINIMUM 5YRS @ 100K/WEEK! YOU GOTTA PLAY HIM CENTRALLY MORE OR YOU'RE GONNA LOSE HIM!!!!!!

and when you combine that with ox coming out earlier in the year and saying "yeah hey i might have to move on from arsenal because i might be able to get more opportunities to further my career going forward" it was just a total FUCK YOU DUMBSHIT moment, cuz this dude was basically handed all of the opportunities that joel campbell should have gotten AT LEAST 1/3 to 1/2 of... and he did absolutely nothing with them and then once he starts to not look 100.0% shit there he is mouthing off about how he needs to be a #10 or in a 3-back system to play the wings? seriously right b4 his liverpool transfer when, ALL PRAISE TO ALLAH (PBUH) HE TURNED DOWN THAT 180K/WEEK OFFER FROM ARSENAL, he was talking about how he's gotta play centrally but right-wingback is ok in the interim and it's like HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GUY ISN'T JUST TELLING YOU THAT YOU'RE GONNA PAY HIM 200K/WEEK, BUT HE'S ALSO TELLING YOU WHERE YOU'RE GONNA PLAY HIM AND IN WHAT FORMATION?!?! THIS GUY SUCKS AND NOT ONLY THAT HE'S FAR AND AWAY THE MOST SELFISH PL;AYER I'VE EVER SEEN ON THE PITCH AND YES I WATCH A PRETTY GOOD AMOUNT OF REAL MADRID SO I SEES ME SOME CRISTIANO RONALDO USUALLY ONCE A WEEK. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCKJ?!?!

so even tho arsenal's transfer deadline day was famously "a shambles" i still say thta arsenal FC got better via subtracting the ox from the picture, cuz holy fucking shit.... has anyone watched england's last 2 games over this international break? did anyone see ox out there for liverpool today?! ARSENAL GOT 35-40MIL FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

so yeah i didnt catch the manutd game today, but most assuredly they won 3-0 or greater as they're gonna #KeepIt100 this season and the only real drama in the prem = will city and friends finish within 15 or maybe 20pts of the mighty mighty manutd when it's all said and done?! CAN I GET A GGMU UP IN HERE UP IN HERE?!?! Y'ALL GONNA MAKE ME GO ALL OUT..... </DMX>

TLDR = manutd rules the universe, arsenal is better cuz ox left, and uhhhh yeah how about that P$G deal? anyone fancy them to win the CL this year? (srsly just winning ligue 1 has to be a buyern-style-letdown, riiiight? ask pep about that =)

SINCERELY,

THOMAS P. MCTOUGHNUTS, ARSENAL PLASTIC DU JOUR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:30 am 

At least with Pardew there were goals :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 am 

I predict Conte is set to revolutionize the Premier League once again after today's loss by switching to 4 at the back. No one will see it coming!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:00 pm 

Don't understand Liverpool giving in on the Coutinho transfer. I think Klopp greatly overestimates his ability to manage without him or greatly underestimates the difficulty of replacing him. Monaco is going to hold them over the barrel for Lamar, who I don't think will be worth anywhere near the inflated asking price they'll demand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm 

The biggest rivalry in professional sports kicks of with the 3rd rd of the FA Cup, the M23 derby. The hate is palpable between Crystal Palace and Brighton & Hove Albion. Well something like that at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hey man, I didn’t know Wayne Rooney wasn’t on ManU Amy longer . Wtf.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
The biggest rivalry in professional sports kicks of with the 3rd rd of the FA Cup, the M23 derby. The hate is palpable between Crystal Palace and Brighton & Hove Albion. Well something like that at least.

At least this time there were more goals than firecrackers going off in the stands.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 pm 

Now they can concentrate on staying up I guess. FA Cup runners up seems like ages ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

They'll be fine once they make Captain Jack Wilshere a reality. Remember those 2 goals in a game he had a summer or two ago? Dude's got piss snd vinegar.... Wenger tried to dump him.off on loan last year and bench him like "you'll get hurt this year" and he's in that XI like he should be. plus he smokes when he wants!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Don't understand Liverpool giving in on the Coutinho transfer. I think Klopp greatly overestimates his ability to manage without him or greatly underestimates the difficulty of replacing him. Monaco is going to hold them over the barrel for Lamar, who I don't think will be worth anywhere near the inflated asking price they'll demand.

Hey w-wait isn't arsenal in on lemar? Either way get rid of Alexis plz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 pm 

Brighton win a trip to Middlesbrough and get to play a Pulis team in the winter!

That game just reveals how precarious Palace's situation still is. No creativity on offense without Zaha and only CB injury from having to play a Kelly/Delaney pairing regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am 

it's so weird to be a Citeh fan these days. When will this team lost an EPL contest?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 am 

Arsenal vs Crystal Palace in a minute. Fortunately >we're nowhere near the top of the table so no #Crystanbul today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:15 am 

Free streams are dodgy so I missed the second goal but 2 goals in 10:51? I'll take it