It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
NME wrote:
DAC wrote:
NME wrote:
How have the SCORE's ratings been this past year? I find myself tuning in to ESPN radio a shit ton more now, even for the morning commute. Tho, I'm not digging the Golic jr stuff they're working in on ESPN. Sports radio in general seems to be in a bad spot right now.

Why are you doing that to yourself?

Mike and Mike is the absolute worst. It's everything bad about sports talk shows. Granted, it looks as though B&G want to give them a run for their money.

You're saying M&H is any better? At least M&M talk about football which is welcome to me being that I'm not even remotely interested in Baseball.

I'll grant you that it is not much better. But Golic is BRUTAl. The epitome of the ex-jock. At least M&H talk Chicago sports and don't into all the drama of the NFL/NBA. But since you don't like MLB, I understand your preference of the two. I suggest you go to podcasts in the morning and skip both.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Jason Goff said something about essentially wishing for white people to have a daughter that dates a black man and has a mixed baby, so they can be punished for their racist views. That doesn't have anything to do with sports.

Really. He said this?

Goff is really a disturbed dude. I've said it before. I'm serious. He ain't right.

It's these type of comments and the constants laughing. There is just something wrong with him.

Somebody in his life needs to help him. The SCORE people won't do it. They're scared that he'll think they're racist. It's gotta be family.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Jason Goff said something about essentially wishing for white people to have a daughter that dates a black man and has a mixed baby, so they can be punished for their racist views. That doesn't have anything to do with sports.

Really. He said this?

Goff is really a disturbed dude. I've said it before. I'm serious. He ain't right.

It's these type of comments and the constants laughing. There is just something wrong with him.

Somebody in his life needs to help him. The SCORE people won't do it. They're scared that he'll think they're racist. It's gotta be family.

Hold on. Why didn't Goff marry a white women and have a mixed baby to punish the racist parents? Practice what you preach, playa. Larry did it. He punished the parents of his wife. Those racists bastards.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Dumb Ass Mult wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I heard Goff and Bernstein say "Who's against social justice?," "

The thing is, when you start modifying justice it isn't justice at all.

What is justice?

A hillbilly suburb near Alsip.

Justice isn't that close to Alsip.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Dumb Ass Mult wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I heard Goff and Bernstein say "Who's against social justice?," "

The thing is, when you start modifying justice it isn't justice at all.

What is justice?

A hillbilly suburb near Alsip.

Justice isn't that close to Alsip.

I'm a Dumb Ass Mult.

This is my mult. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mult is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my mult is useless. Without my mult, I am useless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I turned the score off after Spiegs and Parkins social commentary. This station is depressing to listen to. I don't understand why Mitch Rosen allows his hosts to stray so far from sports. It just isn't fun radio. When the Cubs season I hope their ratings tank. Alot of angry disturbing hosts at this station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:33 pm 

Beardown wrote:

He is so down the victim complex rabbit hole that it's actually disturbing to listen to. If America takes its cues from guys like him we will never dig out of our racial quagmire. Or any of the other quagmires we have willingly entered under the guise of progress and justice. Some of the legitimate issues exist everywhere multiculturalism is a thing. The difference is that other, perhaps older societies appear to have the understanding that the human animal is incapable of addressing them without it blowing up in our faces. Like Morgan Freeman says, stop talking about race. Or at least stop viewing and then painting everything with the racial brush. It's never that simple.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Man...what happened to the Score...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

https://www.facebook.com/pg/670TheScore ... e_internal

The comments: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

It was a soul-moving transition.

Honestly, you just open yourself to ridicule with descriptions like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's

Meat pants hikes them Sox up high, they're socks not panty hose Matt.

Can ya post the comments? I don't have a facebook and can't see em.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
312player wrote:

Meat pants hikes them Sox up high, they're socks not panty hose Matt.

Can ya post the comments? I don't have a facebook and can't see em.

They're diabetes compression socks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 pm 

My guy is telling me that people tend to be more openly conservative on Facebook (for some reason?), so it's not like these comments are from a random sample of listeners.

That said, they can't all be BRogue, and I see a loooooooot of support for similar sentiments seen around these parts. MANY are not happy with the current programming decisions made by the station.

Also, "we won't back down from using our platform in those times" is just sickeningly douche chilling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
My guy is telling me that people tend to be more openly conservative on Facebook (for some reason?), so it's not like these comments are from a random sample of listeners.

That said, they can't all be BRogue, and I see a loooooooot of support for similar sentiments seen around these parts. MANY are not happy with the current programming decisions made by the station.

Also, "we won't back down from using our platform in those times" is just sickeningly douche chilling.

Did anyone address the fights at the United Center on the station?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
LOL at Senor saying that the U.S. Army went around the world eradicating fascism when they spent the Cold War propping up the fascists who were preferable to communists.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FrankDrebin wrote:
It was a soul-moving transition.

Yeah all the soul probably had to leave the room so speagol could still fit in there with everyone's egos!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:30 pm 

#1 Sports show in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:13 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
LOL at Senor saying that the U.S. Army went around the world eradicating fascism when they spent the Cold War propping up the fascists who were preferable to communists.

All of the sudden Bernsie is a fan of the Army. I guess when you need them you use them.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz

Their arrogance has been on full blast and it's off-putting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 am 

I am not entirely sure when this started but I do not like what it has come to. It isn't even really any issue that gets discussed on the score or elsewhere really. It is the fact that nothing is being discussed at all it is more like it is being preached. Off putting is maybe a good way you put it.

From my perspective the left and I see this more in younger people are quite emboldened that they have the right way. Shouting down differing opinions as hate seems to be popular or simply not allowing them at all.

If you are going to not back down and be that platform, any platform, you should feel strongly enough about it to welcome properly posed opposite views.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
I am not entirely sure when this started but I do not like what it has come to. It isn't even really any issue that gets discussed on the score or elsewhere really. It is the fact that nothing is being discussed at all it is more like it is being preached. Off putting is maybe a good way you put it.

From my perspective the left and I see this more in younger people are quite emboldened that they have the right way. Shouting down differing opinions as hate seems to be popular or simply not allowing them at all.

If you are going to not back down and be that platform, any platform, you should feel strongly enough about it to welcome properly posed opposite views.
I think it is safe to say that the opinions of nazis are from "hate" and not "differing opinions".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think it is safe to say that the opinions of nazis are from "hate" and not "differing opinions".

I meant differing opinions of people discussing the matter not the demonstrators in question in this case. No one I know defends the Nazi point of view. Couldn't a reasonable person consider that even 1% of the blame from the weekends events falls on people that went to the site looking to create trouble for effect and discuss that?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 am 

pittmike wrote:
I meant differing opinions of people discussing the matter not the demonstrators in question in this case.
I would say choose your battles and if it starts with "The nazis did this" then don't choose that one. :lol:

pittmike wrote:
No one I know defends the Nazi point of view. Couldn't a reasonable person consider that even 1% of the blame from the weekends events falls on people that went to the site looking to create trouble for effect and discuss that?
I don't think a reasonable person could put any blame on the other protesters who got run over. If we acknowledge that the nazis have the right to protest then we also have to give the others the right to peaceful protest. It then gets down to who got violent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Social Justice stuff is now infecting CNBC daily. Unfortunately, it's wholly relevant because business leaders are leaving the President's council, and Trump is reducing the chance for tax reform.

I tried to watch PBS last night, but Trump coverage is more unwatchable than reality shows. I ended up watching Trading Places until the Cubs game came on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I meant differing opinions of people discussing the matter not the demonstrators in question in this case.
I would say choose your battles and if it starts with "The nazis did this" then don't choose that one. :lol:

Take the Nazis and any left component of recent events out of it. I am trying to discuss the general discourse these days in our country. Nazis completely skews that. Let is be Side A and Side B.

pittmike wrote:
No one I know defends the Nazi point of view. Couldn't a reasonable person consider that even 1% of the blame from the weekends events falls on people that went to the site looking to create trouble for effect and discuss that?
I don't think a reasonable person could put any blame on the other protesters who got run over. If we acknowledge that the nazis have the right to protest then we also have to give the others the right to peaceful protest. It then gets down to who got violent.

That is beyond the point as well. In no case anytime anywhere is it ok to drive a car into a crowd of demonstrators. I am thinking about the beginnings of a rally like this before the powder keg goes off. I am trying to focus on Side A holds a demonstration and Side B being counter demonstrators. It should be able to be accomplished without a riot.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am 

denisdman wrote:
The Social Justice stuff is now infecting CNBC daily. Unfortunately, it's wholly relevant because business leaders are leaving the President's council, and Trump is reducing the chance for tax reform.

I tried to watch PBS last night, but Trump coverage is more unwatchable than reality shows. I ended up watching Trading Places until the Cubs game came on.

Did you hope for a happy ending to the story for Randolph and Mortimer?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:45 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think a reasonable person could put any blame on the other protesters who got run over.

And until recently reasonable people also wouldnt excuse meeting ugly and hate filled political rhetoric, with political violence. We used to pride ourselves on being free enough to ignore assholes talking and marching, and it certainly had better results. Now we have other professional assholes touring the country and appealing to simpletons using the Nazi buzzword as a means to justify violence.

Antifa and white nationalists and supremacists deserve one another. We deserve neither. But as long as one gets permits and simply speaks without violence, there is no moral equivalency to the side that exists to quiet them through violence.

And while we are at it we can toss in the black nationalists who we didn't seem to have as much of a problem with when they called for the assassinations of white cops. And when that happened, we did a pitiful job of connecting the dots. Hell, the dipshits who run BLM express public sympathy and admiration for Assata Shakur and we are apparently okay with that.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Beardown wrote:
I heard Goff and Bernstein say "Who's against social justice?," "Who's against equality?", "Who's for racism?"

Nobody. Unless you're a racist. But you can never flip a racist.

They're a sports radio show. Nobody wants to hear it from them.

What would Bernstein think if he's watching a cooking show and the host stops talking about the recipe to discuss "RACISM" and how it is bad. Then they run out of time because of it and Bernstein doesn't get the recipe. He'd be pissed.

What if Goff went to a hip hop concert and the guy spent an hour talking about sexism instead of singing? Goff would be pissed.

Uhhh... you don't have to listen. Change the channel. Are they holding you hostage? Oh yeah... Dan would change the channel and if Jason paid money to a Hip Hop Concert and the guy spent an hour talking about sexism Jason would have every right to complain.