2021- Whoever they draft next year

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am 

meanwhile, Keith Law will rate each of them around #20

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Great thread.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
It's likely that Acuna is the top prospect on some lists next year. Otherwise, there's actually a decent shot of it happening with Jimenez and Kopech. Not too sure what will happen in 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
good dolphin wrote:

Lol. So true. Funny how Law almost immediately lowers a players ranking when they become a White Sox. - jacksss must be a lowly Twins fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jbi11s wrote:
Great thread.

Yup.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Great thread.

Nope.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

The White Sox drafted none of those players. Why would you assume a White Sox draft pick could be a #1 prospect?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

You're better than this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

The White Sox drafted none of those players. Why would you assume a White Sox draft pick could be a #1 prospect?

Agreed on Drafting...also not sure we can guarantee Robert will be a #1 prospect.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:04 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

Agreed on Drafting...also not sure we can guarantee Robert will be a #1 prospect.

We can't. I can.

Guaranteed. Book it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm 

IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

look what happened the last time they had a top three pick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:57 pm 

Going by the "fans" (who root for losing as many games as possible) at soxtalk.com they will have the number 1 prospect in perpetuity.

And none of them will miss, ever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 pm 

thewatcher wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Lol. So true. Funny how Law almost immediately lowers a players ranking when they become a White Sox. - jacksss must be a lowly Twins fan.

When they haven't developed a position player since Crede you can forgive his skepticism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

We can't. I can.

Guaranteed. Book it!

That's why you bring him up next year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
juschill wrote:
Going by the "fans" (who root for losing as many games as possible) at soxtalk.com they will have the number 1 prospect in perpetuity.

What is the point of winning games this year, particularly when we have a good shot at landing the #2 overall pick? You must have some bad wiring in your head if you're currently deriving pleasure from White Sox victories. It's not a far cry from hoping that the Bears win when they're like 2-12.

Turn off the fucking television and find something else to do with your time. Go dodge cars on the Kennedy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
ChiefWampum wrote:
It's likely that Acuna is the top prospect on some lists next year. Otherwise, there's actually a decent shot of it happening with Jimenez and Kopech. Not too sure what will happen in 2020.

Robert has a line of .284/.500/.463 with 2 HR's and 6 2B's through 24 games of rookie ball.

And holy shit Jimenez is slugging .707 since joining Winston-Salem.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

Robert has a line of .284/.500/.463 with 2 HR's and 6 2B's through 24 games of rookie ball.

Boom, Steak Dinner!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 pm 

whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

What is the point of winning games this year, particularly when we have a good shot at landing the #2 overall pick? You must have some bad wiring in your head if you're currently deriving pleasure from White Sox victories. It's not a far cry from hoping that the Bears win when they're like 2-12.

Turn off the fucking television and find something else to do with your time. Go dodge cars on the Kennedy.

Have fun rooting against your team. The complete opposite of what a fan is supposed to be.

You must have been absolutely miserable when the swept the Astros. And now they beat the Royals? How dare they try to compete.

"When we have a shot at the #2"

What's "we"? Are you employed by Rick Hahn?

Why not tank every year and you can have the top pick in perpetuity?

I don't suppose you know how first round picks turn out historically. This isn't football, Mr. DWF.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

The Dominican Summer League is not Rookie ball per se. A lot of players are younger than he is. Robert doesn't belong there, it's just for tax purposes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 am 

juschill wrote:
I don't suppose you know how first round picks turn out historically. This isn't football, Mr. DWF.

Whatever, I'll take my chances with the #2, or perhaps even the #1 overall pick. I'd wager that people with functioning brains are hoping for that precise scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 am 

I wonder what the record is for something like this? Maybe not #1 but like having a top 5?

Gotta think the Royals had a nice run

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I wonder what the record is for something like this? Maybe not #1 but like having a top 5?

Gotta think the Royals had a nice run

It was 29 years between playoff appearances for the Royals. They picked in the top 5 ten times during that stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 pm 

whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

Whatever, I'll take my chances with the #2, or perhaps even the #1 overall pick. I'd wager that people with functioning brains are hoping for that precise scenario.

DWF - I don't suppose you can tell us who was the last position prospect the White Sox drafted and developed into a successful major league player, could you? I'm assuming you've done the research given that you supposedly have a functioning brain.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
2017- Moncada
2018- Jimenez
2019- Kopech
2020- Robert

Jimenez and Kopech could be neck and neck for it next year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:41 pm 

juschill wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

DWF - I don't suppose you can tell us who was the last position prospect the White Sox drafted and developed into a successful major league player, could you? I'm assuming you've done the research given that you supposedly have a functioning brain.

Yes, I am aware that Kenny Williams is overly fond of tremendous athletes that can't hit a baseball worth a shit. He drafted himself over and over again. I have forgotten more about terrible prospects than you will ever know, so eat a dick. I have faith that Hahn will take the obvious, consensus #1 hitting prospect in the country with the top pick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
juschill wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

I would not bet against the Sox in this rebuild given their ability to develop pitching, their immense financial flexibility, and their division opposition.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
MartyD47 wrote:
juschill wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

I would not bet against the Sox in this rebuild given their ability to develop pitching, their immense financial flexibility, and their division opposition.

Why? The Sox have been picking early for awhile now.. They are pretty lousy at identifying and developing talent. They are cheap too, you won't see them signing high priced FAs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
312player wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:
juschill wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
juschill wrote:

Why? The Sox have been picking early for awhile now.. They are pretty lousy at identifying and developing talent. They are cheap too, you won't see them signing high priced FAs.

You must not like Rodon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I like Rodon, this will be the 5th straight year they suck and draft early.. The results are sub par. I'm not a believer in moncada, I'm not a believer in Robert or Burger.. I like Kopech and Jimenez alot.. I just don't see this team winning a World Series d
For a very long time.