It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Cleveland Indians
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Winners of 14 in a row with 23 left to play. 36-16 since the break. Looks like they're rounding into form just in time, huh?

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Cleveland Indians
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
37... in a row?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
37... in a row?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:25 am 

Maybe they'll lose all their pitching in time for the Cubs to beat them again!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
The Cubs are done with the Interleague portion of the schedule.

And you may as well make that 15 in a row for the Tribe. Rodon may pitch well tonite, but there is no way the Sox score more than 1 off Kluber.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:45 pm 

Peaking too early like Arizona. Playoffs are in October/November

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
There is almost zero correlation between September record and October record.
Cleveland looks legit though... because of their bullpen. Very KC 2015 vibe with this team. I'd take them over the Dodgers if I had to put money on 1 team right now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
They lost their starters last year and still almost won it all. Healthy starters and a great pen. Pitching is beautiful.

Meanwhile, Chris Sale continues to head the other way. We'll see how he does Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:12 pm 

15 in a row indeed for the Tribe. .500 from here gets them 95. I gotta say, if the Cubs can't win it all again, I wouldn't mind if the Indians finally get theirs and slay the last dragon, UNLESS it means dipshit Sox fans start popping off about how for some reason this proves that they should have and would have beaten the Cubs last year. So don't ruin this for the long-suffering Indians fans and the...uh, big beige shipping containers constructed in the right field stands to obscure the lack of long-suffering Indians fans.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
15 in a row indeed for the Tribe. .500 from here gets them 95. I gotta say, if the Cubs can't win it all again, I wouldn't mind if the Indians finally get theirs and slay the last dragon, UNLESS it means dipshit Sox fans start popping off about how for some reason this proves that they should have and would have beaten the Cubs last year. So don't ruin this for the long-suffering Indians fans and the...uh, big beige shipping containers constructed in the right field stands to obscure the lack of long-suffering Indians fans.

Dodgers or Indians winning it are fine with me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Cleveland is beating everybody's brains in while Kipnis, Brantley, and Miller are on the DL. That is pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
This proves that they should have and would have beaten the Cubs last year.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

It's amusing that you can't even look back on that lone championship without thinking of the Sox and their fans in the process.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
CLEVELAND >> The Cleveland Indians have made several hundred customers of a window and home repair business very happy now that the team has extended its winning streak to 15 games.

Cleveland.com reports Cleveland-based Universal Windows Direct offered customers in July free products and services, to include windows, doors, siding, roofs and other repairs, if the Indians put together a 15-game winning streak this season.

Company president Chad Howman says more than 250 orders were placed in July in a promotion marking the company's 15th year in business.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:26 am 

Red Sox vs Indians

Kyrie shows up at Game 1 in Cleveland with a Mookie Betts jersey on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 am 

think I called this early in the year

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
last year they were the dark horse in the playoffs. this year they'll have the target on their back. could it be they are peaking too early? let's see. but they look scary right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
could it be they are peaking too early?

No such thing. And they weren't a dark horse last year, they did more or less the same thing last year where they came in with an amazing second half.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:12 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Seriously, who gives a fuck. The Cubs won a goddam World Series in our lifetime.

And anyway, 2005 White Sox who benefitted from injuries to Schilling, Colon (Cy Young), and Clemens have don't wanna go down that road

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The Cubs are done with the Interleague portion of the schedule.

Not quite (2 left against the Rays)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Seriously, who gives a fuck. The Cubs won a goddam World Series in our lifetime.

And anyway, 2005 White Sox who benefitted from injuries to Schilling, Colon (Cy Young), and Clemens have don't wanna go down that road

11-1 in the postseason. That road is very easy to travel down my friend.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
HawaiiYou wrote:
last year they were the dark horse in the playoffs. this year they'll have the target on their back. could it be they are peaking too early? let's see. but they look scary right now.

Im pretty sure last year the Red Sox were the favorites and then the Blue Jays. I remember when the Indians beat both teams it was a surprise to many.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

11-1 in the postseason. That road is very easy to travel down my friend.

Impressive performance for sure but like most champions they had their share of good fortune in the are of other teams injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am 
100000 CLUB

The White Sox didn't even need a bullpen to beat the Angels. Do you really think Colon would have helped the Angels win three more games? Clemens was already behind when he left Game 1, and the White Sox took care of the next three games so Clemens (not) being able to start again in that series was a moot point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The White Sox didn't even need a bullpen to beat the Angels. Do you really think Colon would have helped the Angels win three more games? Clemens was already behind when he left Game 1, and the White Sox took care of the next three games so Clemens being able to start again in that series was a moot point.

Do I think the Cy Young winner who would have pitched 2 games in a 7 game series could have had a big effect? Yes, I do, see most postseason series.

Clemens would have probably pitched Game 4 on 3 days rest, but he kinda sucked anyway.

It's all just stupid what if stuff. Like the Indians last year, Carrasco was hurt, but Tomlin pitched very well in his stead so would that have even made a difference?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:36 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The White Sox didn't even need a bullpen to beat the Angels. Do you really think Colon would have helped the Angels win three more games? Clemens was already behind when he left Game 1, and the White Sox took care of the next three games so Clemens being able to start again in that series was a moot point.

Do I think the Cy Young winner who would have pitched 2 games in a 7 game series could have had a big effect?
So the answer to my initial question is no.

The Astros blew a 5 run lead in game 3, and were held scoreless for the final 15 innings of that series. Unless Clemens was swinging a hot bat, he wasn't going to beat the historically dominant White Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Do I think the Cy Young winner who would have pitched 2 games in a 7 game series could have had a big effect?

What? No, you are wrong. Winning 3 games is defnitely helped by the best pitcher in baseball pitching 2 of them. He may have even pitched 3 games, btw.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Astros blew a 5 run lead in game 3, and were held scoreless for the final 15 innings of that series. Unless Clemens was swinging a hot bat, he wasn't going to beat the historically dominant White Sox.

You dont know what would have happened. Butterfly effect and such. Clemens holds em at 2 in Game 1 Astros come back to win, Sox start pressing in Game 2...they get swept.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What? No, you are wrong. Winning 3 games is defnitely helped by the best pitcher in baseball pitching 2 of them. He may have even pitched 3 games, btw.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

You dont know what would have happened. Butterfly effect and such. Clemens holds em at 2 in Game 1 Astros come back to win, Sox start pressing in Game 2...they get swept.

Sox won largely due to their own pitching. Clemens or schilling don't matter there as Frank said.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Sox start pressing in Game 2...they get swept.
Nope.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Sox won largely due to their own pitching. Clemens or schilling don't matter there as Frank said.

That's a pretty ridiculous comment.

Re-think that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next