It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Got on the scale a few weeks ago and didn't like what I saw. Dropped 10 pretty quick but need 5-10 more and haven't been as good of a boy. Corresponded to be hurting my wrist so my activity had to be altered.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I was making great progress prior to my brother passing away. I came back from that whole thing 8 lbs heavier and just having a hard time getting back on track. I'm thinking there is some depression and eating and drinking of feelings going on. Heading out of town on business tomorrow and hoping that snaps me back into some semblance of normalcy and eating less.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am getting aggravated lately with my weight. For nearly the last two years I have been eating a lot better and reduced bad things in a major way. I was aiming to cut cholesterol, sugar levels and increase my fitness level. I had been doing pretty well I thought. I even cut drinking beer except for weekends.

The result... I have gained 15 pounds since spring. I still fit in my clothes but it has to be somewhere besides my beer belly. I go to the gym twice a week, walk another day with dog (formerly dogs) and gave up smoking more than two years ago.

The only thing I can guess at is one, muscle does weight more than fat and second something is lowering my metabolism? I have been a vaper since I gave up smokes and for the last year have been tapering my nicotine concentration every month or two. I am now on the lowest concentration. I guess I just dragged out the same effect some get from quitting smoking cold turkey and gaining weight?

Either way I need to get my ass down to at least 200.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hatchetman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Even with constant drinking.

That was why I ran before, to offset the drinking. Then I stopped the running but not the drinking. I just don't know how people get along without beer.

That was me four years ago. My knees just couldn't take the pounding.

I have cut back a bit of drinking. Instead of 3 or 4 a night ill hold back till I have a reason to drink probably a little better for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
my annual fall diet starts today. This year I'm going to try to break the cycle of lose 20/gain 20 that I do every year. Going to go all out and try to lose 30-35 pounds and going to try and figure out a way to keep it off this time.

Sucks when life has given you the mixture of awful metabolism + the need to exercise 5x per week to keep weight off + back injuries that make exercising difficult and painful.

Going to start by cutting out all sugar and cutting way down on carbs. Those are my two big weaknesses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 pm 

My knees just don't look me road work that running entails. Went down to canal the other day and found chasing my boys on the tow path was a lot easier on my knees than I remember. That's might be my solution.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:53 pm 

Just about at 30lbs lost. Can run 2 miles now. Slowly moving in right direction. Hoping to do a 5k this fall.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:13 am 

Nice work RFDC!

I'm down 5 pounds since in almost two weeks. even got up at 5:30 this morning to go to pick up hockey. Also joined Mytrainer gym in HP and will be going 2x per week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 am 

RFDC wrote:
Just about at 30lbs lost. Can run 2 miles now. Slowly moving in right direction. Hoping to do a 5k this fall.

Nice work! I'd like to start training to do a 5K Turkey Trot or something. My weight has been going in the wrong direction for a
while now and I need to put a stop to it. I'm going to try to get to the gym tomorrow at 5am before work. Rather than watching
Sportscenter on my couch at home I should be able to do it on an elliptical at the gym which is just a few miles away. Also need
to start eating better. I have nothing but chicken and lettuce in my fridge at home for this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:47 am 

Down 10 lbs in total as of this morning. Helps that I've been hitting it hard in terms of exercise and diet. Working out at the gym with a trainer 2x per week, each session over an hour and a half. And playing pick up hockey 2x per week which will go up to 3 in another week.

the first 10 are always the easiest so not getting too crazy about it, know its going to be a long run (well into 2018) before I reach my 30-35 pound goal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 am 

Lost one pound last week. Was sick all week and skipped the gym, but did recover in time to play hockey Friday and yesterday.

Things will kick into high gear this week as my weekly hockey goes from 2x per week to 3x with the addition of Tuesday night 9:30 hockey. Plus back in the gym today and Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 am 

Went to the gym last night and talked to the general manager. After much thought on the subject I decided to pull the trigger and
purchased 16 personal training sessions. I'll start the week of the 16th after my big golf scramble event. 2x a week for 2 months.
I hope I learn a lot about fitness and even more important, nutrition. My goal is to be able to continue on after that point on my own
because I don't want to have to pay to have someone kick my ass after that. Pretty much my xmas gift to myself this year. I want
to get a jump on all the other folks that will have their New Years kick about the time I am wrapping up my "boot camp". Stay tuned,
it should be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Went to the gym last night and talked to the general manager. After much thought on the subject I decided to pull the trigger and
purchased 16 personal training sessions. I'll start the week of the 16th after my big golf scramble event. 2x a week for 2 months.
I hope I learn a lot about fitness and even more important, nutrition. My goal is to be able to continue on after that point on my own
because I don't want to have to pay to have someone kick my ass after that. Pretty much my xmas gift to myself this year. I want
to get a jump on all the other folks that will have their New Years kick about the time I am wrapping up my "boot camp". Stay tuned,

It is probably a good decision. Many people have no idea how all the interacting parts of fitness go together.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It is probably a good decision. Many people have no idea how all the interacting parts of fitness go together.

Trying to think of it as an investment in myself. The more I know the better I can keep from becoming a fat slob which is where I
feel I am getting close to now. At 41 years old, I know it is just going to become more and more difficult to keep weight off and so
if I can find a way that works for me going forward it can only benefit me, but it falls on me to do the work. I'll be interested to see
what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
T-Bone, we're about the same age. No amount of exercise will overcome bad eating habits. I dropped the weight about 5 years ago from a 36-ish waist to a 31/32-ish waist now and have kept it off. From that experience, you will lose weight when you make better eating choices- portion control #1 and dumping all fried foods and sugary drinks. I still exercise everyday, but I did that before I changed my eating habits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am 

denisdman wrote:
T-Bone, we're about the same age. No amount of exercise will overcome bad eating habits. I dropped the weight about 5 years ago from a 36-ish waist to a 31/32-ish waist now and have kept it off. From that experience, you will lose weight when you make better eating choices- portion control #1 and dumping all fried foods and sugary drinks. I still exercise everyday, but I did that before I changed my eating habits.

I know a lot of it has to do with the eating and drinking. I'm hoping that this can help show me the way back to some discipline. I used to be
a pretty good athlete back in the day. I can still golf pretty well but that is more of an athletic skill than being a true athlete in my opinion. I
need to relearn a number of things. I know I won't get back to my college fighting weight but I could stand to lose 25-30 lbs minimum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:44 am 

It is hard. I am currently losing the battle. I have a stable weight but higher than I would like. A couple things are basic. Less calories in then what you burn daily. Also the types of things you eat/drink (empty calories/carbs suck). As you weight train you gain more muscle. The good is you have more muscle to burn more calories. The bad is muscle weighs more than fat. So if you bulk up much you may see your weight not decrease by much but BMI improve quite a bit.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:46 am 

I’ve dropped 20 in last 3 months to be in that 31/32 waist area. I tracked what I ate for a week and it was fairly obvious that I was drinking far too many calories. Whether it was beer, mixed drinks or pop couple that with some poor food choices (too much bread and sugar. Got a sweet tooth.) I’m about 5 below my initial goal but have decided 3 more wouldn’t me th3 end of the world. I started ramping up exercise as I hit towards bottom which was hard as damn, working out makes me hungry. In the end I don’t know if I care too much about the weight but when my pants don’t fit I get concerned.

If I ever hit my college weight, well, high school graduation weight, again I might look like I’m dead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 am 

I played high school basketball at 190, graduated college at 200 and now tip it just under 250. There is plenty of room for improvement :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I've been pretty much exercise only plan for the past 2 months. haven't lost a pound. Need to take draconian steps like no alcohol. that is really tough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 am 

I got sick beginning of junior year and dropped a lot of weight. Like, I was down to 120ish pounds on a 6 foot frame. I wasn’t big to begin with but that was ridiculous. I think by graduation I was a strapping 145 tops. Frame has expanded a bit since then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hatchetman wrote:
I've been pretty much exercise only plan for the past 2 months. haven't lost a pound. Need to take draconian steps like no alcohol. that is really tough.

Yeap that was my experience. And as someone noted above, more exercise=more hunger. I also find that mentally when you exercise a lot, you tend to cheat on calories more as if you earned it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hatchetman wrote:

For me, eating sensibly always results in losing weight compared to working out. I always drop weight when I cut out the sweets, stop taking 3rds at dinner, and having no late night meals. Back when I used to run and bike a lot my weight always stayed constant. Granted, I am the same size as I was when I graduated college so maybe I am not a good example.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 am 

denisdman wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeap that was my experience. And as someone noted above, more exercise=more hunger. I also find that mentally when you exercise a lot, you tend to cheat on calories more as if you earned it.

Yeah my weight story sounds like T Bone but I am topping out at 215. I fall right into the behave eating, drinking and work out during the week and no hold barred on the weekend. I obviously do not care enough to get back to 195. But as was mentioned I will not buy pants larger than 36.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hatchetman wrote:

That is not an option for me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:

This.

Essentially:
*Exercise more
*Eat less
*Eat better.

For me getting rid of soda, fast food, anything cooked in a deep fryer and cutting back on processed food and bread really helped. But it does not get easier as you get older. I think metabolism grinds to a halt. Woe is me if I ever get injured and have to stop exercising. Even this week is killing me, as no running in advance of Sunday's marathon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am 

down another pound this week. was hoping for more, but any loss is a good thing so not gonna complain too much.

Going back to the gym today for first time in a week. Went last Monday and had abnormally severe back pain the next day which lingered till the weekend. Gonna give it another shot today, but if back pain persists going to have to axe the gym from my routine and just stick to skating. Skating 3x per week now so that should be enough cardio anyway.

12lbs total, started the diet on 9/5.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 am 

And so the personal training sessions start tomorrow. I'll go to the gym tonight and at least get some cardio in and maybe hit the weights a
little bit so tomorrow isn't a total shock to the system. Going to be a tough 2 months.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 am 

Have stalled at 30lbs lost. Have had a couple rough eating days. Getting close to jogging 3 miles at a time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am 

Cubs games equal alcohol and snack food. Going to have to be careful. Or drink water that’s not happening. The water that is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next