It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegas Raiders
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
NFL needs to re-name and re-brand both franchises in LA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
...why would you rename the Los Angeles Rams? All they need are their old colors back that everyone wants, not this jury-rigged navy and white because they're too cheap to commission new uniforms.

The Chargers, it doesn't matter what they're called, no one wants them there. They gotta get out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:19 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
...why would you rename the Los Angeles Rams? All they need are their old colors back that everyone wants, not this jury-rigged navy and white because they're too cheap to commission new uniforms.

The Chargers, it doesn't matter what they're called, no one wants them there. They gotta get out.

You rename the Rams because the name has been a loser forever. And they are awful now. No one wants a piece of shit franchise that sucks, they would much rather have a "new" franchise that sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

I actually agree with you, and I think pretty much the entire NFL including the other owners agree with you too. I don't know how possible it would be but they need a new owner who can get them back there some point soon. The NFL just couldn't really say "No" to the bad decision making.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am 

They did it to themselves by framing the relocation vote as being Chargers and Raiders or Rams and Chargers, and the Rams only got added on because Jerry Jones forced it on everyone. They all wanted to look out for the Spanoses because the family has been in the club so long (and unlike Al Davis, hasn't been a colossal pain in the ass). I think a lot of the owners figured that San Diego would cave in and give the Chargers a free stadium. Then they didn't, and the Chargers waited until the eleventh hour of their window to relocate. Now the NFL is facing down the worst fan apathy, if not antipathy, since the Oilers played at the Liberty Bowl. This is actually way worse because of how social media and regular media have changed in the last twenty years. Everyone everywhere is piling on about how shitty this looks.

Big Chicagoan wrote:
You rename the Rams because the name has been a loser forever. And they are awful now. No one wants a piece of shit franchise that sucks, they would much rather have a "new" franchise that sucks.

Not seeing it. Whatever problems there are with the Los Angeles NFL market, which are many, wouldn't be addressed by giving the Rams a new name. They'd still be a Stan Kroenke franchise and everyone would know they're still the Rams.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Chicagoan wrote:

You rename the Rams because the name has been a loser forever.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Didn't realize they were in LA when that happened.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They weren't. They were named the Rams though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Big Chicagoan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Didn't realize they were in LA when that happened.

They were in Atlanta.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The kicking game was solid.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The NFL will let the Chargers hang out in Carson for a few years and then they'll liberate them to Europe to be the second European team along with the Jaguars.

That 9am Eastern TV slot and the idea of a quadruple-header each week is too much to pass up. But to be consistent, they need two teams so that one is always at home.

Carson is just laundering to get it done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm 

RAIDERS!

1ST PLACE!

YOUNG JORR WORE THEIR SHIRT!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm 

Raider blog insensitivity:

Quote:
Fourth Round
Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF

The star of the Combine was Griffin, who posted a 4.38 forty time, the fastest ever run by a linebacker at the combine. On one hand, Griffin was a leader of the undefeated Knights and is a physical freak. On the other hand... well, he doesn’t have one. Griffin plays with only one hand, and if the Raiders took him here, perhaps they could install a hook.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
:lol: :lol: that’s terrific.or terrible. Not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Hang Up on Yourself
Curious Hair wrote:
They did it to themselves...I think a lot of the owners figured that San Diego would cave in and give the Chargers a free stadium. Then they didn't, and the Chargers waited until the eleventh hour of their window to relocate. Now the NFL is facing down the worst fan apathy, if not antipathy

This guy gets it
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The NFL will let the Chargers hang out in Carson for a few years and then they'll liberate them to Europe to be the second European team along with the Jaguars.

Not sure if it's Europe, but yes....the Chargers in LA is temporary. This scenario you describe sounds stupid, but in the mind of NFL suits....logical.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:49 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm 

im more excited for the XFL. its going to be a no bullshit football league. cant wait.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Since this was the general relocation thread for a while, in news that no one could have possibly ever seen coming:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Will they go back to SD? Will the Raiders stay in Oakland and the Chargers move to LV? Something tells me things are not going to go as they are currently planned with regards to all this relocation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They should go back to SD. They had a nice fan base there and it was a great visiting team destination. Too bad the city and the owner couldn't get their shit together on a stadium agreement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 pm 

Move the Chargers back to San Diego and bomb the construction site in Las Vegas so that the Raiders stay in Oakland.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
America wrote:
Will they go back to SD? Will the Raiders stay in Oakland and the Chargers move to LV? Something tells me things are not going to go as they are currently planned with regards to all this relocation.

The Raiders are definitely going to Vegas. The NFL already let the Chargers and Rams jump them to go to LA in the first place, and Davis isn't about to let the absurd stadium deal he got (which he had no business getting) go to another team just because the other owners are now realizing how much they screwed up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:31 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Davis isn't about to let the absurd stadium deal he got (which he had no business getting)

Nevada really is a blight on this country sometimes, isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:41 pm 

I agree that the Chargers will go back to San Diego. Simplest outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
ZephMarshack wrote:
Since this was the general relocation thread for a while, in news that no one could have possibly ever seen coming:

London calling....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Riyadh Chargers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 am 

Relocating three franchises in as many years was truly one of the dumbest things I've been alive to see a major sports league do. Bolts are going to need to get out of LA. I heard that Florio is claiming it'll be impossible but the rest of the owners will simply have to find some deal that at least partially compensates the lost revenue from fewer games as the Inglewood stadium. The cost of having a franchise nobody cares far exceeds parking and concessions revenue. The move never should've approved in the first place.

As for London, which again is on people's minds: No. The only way it would be feasible is if supersonic tranatlantic travel came back (ain't happening).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am 

America wrote:
Relocating three franchises in as many years was truly one of the dumbest things I've been alive to see a major sports league do. Bolts are going to need to get out of LA. I heard that Florio is claiming it'll be impossible but the rest of the owners will simply have to find some deal that at least partially compensates the lost revenue from fewer games as the Inglewood stadium. The cost of having a franchise nobody cares far exceeds parking and concessions revenue. The move never should've approved in the first place.
The Chargers were the only bad move. Los Angeles should have a team. Vegas will be a positive step for the league. I mean, this is a league with teams in Jacksonville and Buffalo. Why would Los Angeles not have one?

America wrote:
As for London, which again is on people's minds: No. The only way it would be feasible is if supersonic tranatlantic travel came back (ain't happening).
Travel to Europe isn't that hard given how these guys travel. It will require the addition of an extra bye week in the season but that is a good thing for a lot of reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am 

Less about going to Europe than it is about coming back. Teams will prepare their sleep schedules for London and there will probably be a scheduling arrangement where heading to London always comes after a TNF game or bye week. But then coming back will throw them for an epic loop and theres just no way to give teams more extra time to adjust on the back end even if the NFL adds a bye.

Not to mention there's a team that simply cannot play TNF/SNF/MNF at home or on the road. They are not going to kick off games at 2:30AM local time and it'd be pretty unfair to have the London team to the USA and have a game start at around midnight according to their body clocks. They'll adjust to that lifestyle, plenty of people commute across the Atlantic, but evening games won't be doable. It's just not fair.

The option that could work is the London team lives and practices on the East Coast and then only makes the trip for games. But then that robs them of that comfort of home games, which is a massive competitive disadvantage. Maybe you put them in Halifax? That would be a little crazy though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 am 

A European division could work, but it'd be hard. The NFL really cannot expand, so there would have to be some major division realignments and relocations.

Jacksonville Jaguars -> London
LA Chargers -> Dublin
Carolina Panthers -> Hamburg/Berlin
I have no idea what you'd do with the 4th team.

Belfast is an intriguing location because of it has easy travel times with the USA plus possesses that kind of industrial era grittiness and identity that the NFL seems to thrive in. Really good natural rivalries with Dublin and London also. Other options as a second team in the UK would be Leeds or Glasgow. I

f you wanted a second team on the continent whichever of Berlin or Hamburg they dont choose would be fine. Ruhrgebeit would be a really cool location also. Bavaria wouldn't want it. Nor would the Swiss or Austrians.

I would advise strongly against France as they are certainly not interested, but if that is a hill the NFL is intent on dying on then Lyon would be a better bet than Paris. La Confluence is being totally redeveloped and it would be right up there with Chicago as one of the best located stadiums in the league. Rugby is probably the most popular sport in Auvergne, so the NFL could capitalize on the fact that football and Rugby could at least be considered distant cousins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next