It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He can still be a lights out closer, his stuff is outstanding. Had high expectations for him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I posted in the other thread that a arthroscopic shoulder check out is not always the end of a great career.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He'll be lucky to have the career of Greg Swindell

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
He'll be lucky to have the career of Greg Swindell

.500 pitcher. I think Rodon can be better than that. He may have a short career though.

My problem is, they knew he was fucked up all of this year. This is something that should have been done in a season that obviously wasn't going to be any good. Now he's going to miss next season when they look like the second best team in the Central without even making any moves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am 

The thing that really pisses me off about rodon is that you know that boras is sitting back and giving no fucks about years 1-4. He'll be more than happy to have the guy pace himself until year 5. Then after the so. Have invested time and medical attention to him and shown the utmost patience whwn the guy only pitches when he is 100%, boras will push him for a contract year and show no appreciation the the team. The sox will just be his free health insurance and stress free pitching experience

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
According to this thread a clean-up scope is a career ender now. Do agree, that this should have been fixed in spring training when it first became an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 am 

Shoulders are scary. The encouraging thing is it's not the rotator cuff or labrum (as far as we know). Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic. If he puts the work in to really rehab this and make it a non-issue going forward he has a chance to be the same pitcher but I have my doubts that happens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic.
This is such bulllshit. You know nothing about his work ethic. And neither do I. Funny how you don't question the defensive work ethic of the 27 error Tim Anderson.

You are a joke of a Sox fan. I would rather be associated with the mullet heads who jump on the field than somebody like you.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
When did Rodon become injury prone? What has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am 

Pal wrote:
When did Rodon become injury prone? What has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?

I thought he had an injury in college which pushed him down to the Sox at #3 in the draft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
he had a sore arm as a jr in college which is why his numbers went down and he lost his for sure #1 status.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Pal wrote:
has he done to get his work ethic questioned? He had a bad case of bursitis which I would imagine would make it tough to pitch through. Does he have a past history of injuries and laziness?
Nobody knows except Keyser.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I heard was quoted somewhere about how he could've taken better care of his arm . Found this from the Daily Herald . Looks like maybe there's some history about not working hard / taking it seriously . Round to Kaiser.

ince the start of spring training, there has been plenty of talk about Rodon getting in better condition and taking better care of his shoulder and arm. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder has acknowledged that fact.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Where I really start getting worried is Rodon's work ethic.
This is such bulllshit. You know nothing about his work ethic. And neither do I. Funny how you don't question the defensive work ethic of the 27 error Tim Anderson.

You are a joke of a Sox fan. I would rather be associated with the mullet heads who jump on the field than somebody like you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
badrogue17 wrote:
I heard was quoted somewhere about how he could've taken better care of his arm . Found this from the Daily Herald . Looks like maybe there's some history about not working hard / taking it seriously . Round to Kaiser.

ince the start of spring training, there has been plenty of talk about Rodon getting in better condition and taking better care of his shoulder and arm. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder has acknowledged that fact.

Will Frank apologize to Keyser?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Fuck no. He just throws shit on the wall and hopes it will stick. He'll criticize a guy he doesn't like (Rodon), but when he likes a guy-- Adam Engel hitting .170 or Tim Anderson making 20+ errors-- he doesn't say a negative word about them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm 

Will leash apologize to Frank?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The thing that really pisses me off about rodon is that you know that boras is sitting back and giving no fucks about years 1-4. He'll be more than happy to have the guy pace himself until year 5. Then after the so. Have invested time and medical attention to him and shown the utmost patience whwn the guy only pitches when he is 100%, boras will push him for a contract year and show no appreciation the the team. The sox will just be his free health insurance and stress free pitching experience

Works both ways. If a player is all world his first four years, blows his knee out in year 5 and struggles during year six he is not getting the top of the line contract he would have gotten after year 4.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Will Rick apologize to Baby McCown?