It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
rogers park bryan wrote:
I used to be a Goff fan. His version of Bernstein-ism is the most annoying one yet.

Big fan of his before he left to go to Atlanta; thought the show he had with Matty was good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I used to be a Goff fan. His version of Bernstein-ism is the most annoying one yet.

Yup.

It is really a shame. He could have gone in a completely different direction. They could have given the show a new beginning with him going anti Bernsie. Unfortunately, he evolved somewhere else.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
pittmike wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yup.

It is really a shame. He could have gone in a completely different direction. They could have given the show a new beginning with him going anti Bernsie. Unfortunately, he evolved somewhere else.

Agreed. I was optimistic about the pairing when it was announced since I enjoyed him as a producer for B&B. But it didn't take long for me to think STFU and let Bernstein talk. And things just got worse and worse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus, even without the "Race rants", Goff is just down right rude. You got 4 guys in "tranny" and his black ass (Only say that because Goff says that about himself) goes off on these long speeches where nobody else can talk.

And when somebody tries to jump in, Goff shouts him down to go on another rant. He's a rude ass mother fucker. I know. Goff doesn't care. Like he always says, he goes home, kisses the wife and feeds the baby. He always likes to remind people that he does this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
Plus, even without the "Race rants", Goff is just down right rude. You got 4 guys in "tranny" and his black ass (Only say that because Goff says that about himself) goes off on these long speeches where nobody else can talk.

And when somebody tries to jump in, Goff shouts him down to go on another rant. He's a rude ass mother fucker. I know. Goff doesn't care. Like he always says, he goes home, kisses the wife and feeds the baby. He always likes to remind people that he does this.

I uhhh...don't think it works that way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I uhhh...don't think it works that way.

:lol:

Me either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

It works the way I want it to work.

Yesterday, Goff said "Do you think they're gonna tell my black ass something before they tell Dan Bernstein".

This was regarding if they were gonna have to do a show if the Cubs game was rained out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

By the way, Goff played the "Dumb ass cracker" drop over 1,000 times while he was a producer. Even though he denies it and says it was always Bernstein.

The show doesn't use that drop anymore. They've evolved. They also don't use the "Gay" drop. Once again, they've evolved. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Goff was on Good Day Chicago this morning briefly talking about the Cubs. He seemed normal during that appearance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Beardown wrote:

Yesterday, Goff said "Do you think they're gonna tell my black ass something before they tell Dan Bernstein".

Did he really? He's, like, super oppressed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
By the way, Goff played the "Dumb ass cracker" drop over 1,000 times while he was a producer. Even though he denies it and says it was always Bernstein.

The show doesn't use that drop anymore. They've evolved. They also don't use the "Gay" drop. Once again, they've evolved. :roll:

Is it possible that these guys are playing a character kinda like Stephen Colbert on the Colbert report?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
Goff was on Good Day Chicago this morning briefly talking about the Cubs. He seemed normal during that appearance.

It's been the same way on Kaplan's CSN show. Bernstein seems to have a negative impact on his co-hosts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Cashman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Is it possible that these guys are playing a character kinda like Stephen Colbert on the Colbert report?

no, because humor is an essential part of that schtick

humor left the Bernstein show several years ago

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Humor used to be a part of their thing.

Then "Boobs" happened to Bernstein. So he evolved. Which, of course, meant that drinky, Goff and Terry had to evolve as well.

So no more gay jokes. No more objectifying women.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Then Julie was hired. So they could no longer make fun of fat people. They evolved again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mitch hired Julie to tame Bernstein. Mitch was too scared to tell Bernstein to change his evil ways. But he knew Bernstein would figure out you can't objectify women and make fun of fat people with Julie in the building.

It was a clear passive aggressive move by Mitch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Making fun of crackers, hillbilly's and Christians is still "OK".

Thank God for that.