It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
The right answer is whomever Obama would enthusiastically endorse. Especially against a rematch with Trump.

Former president endorsements don't carry that much weight. Clinton endorsed Gore. That didn't work. Bush endorsed Jeb. Obama endorsed Hillary.

Gore distanced himself from Clinton. Obama clearly was forced and Bush had no juice after that that second term.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
So far the candidates that seem to be positioning themselves to run & actually have a shot at the nomination include Biden, Adam Schiff & Tim Ryan. My darkhorse is Amy Klobuchar of MN.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
The right answer is whomever Obama would enthusiastically endorse. Especially against a rematch with Trump.

Former president endorsements don't carry that much weight. Clinton endorsed Gore. That didn't work. Bush endorsed Jeb. Obama endorsed Hillary.

Gore distanced himself from Clinton. Obama clearly was forced and Bush had no juice after that that second term.

Agreed on all counts. I think it could be argued that Gore cost himself the election by not using Clinton to campaign for him. Bill was the anti-Gore in terms of personality & his approval ratings were in the mid-60's when he left office.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

As RPB caught, note the use of the word enthusiastic. There is no love loss between him and Hillary, Barack was being a good soldier endorsing her. Now give Obama somebody he wants to win. And give him the added incentive of beating Trump, I think that is your candidate. But, this is the DNC so they will go the other way.

Following Charlottesville, Obama had the most liked tweet ever in like 36 hours. Nearly 3 million likes within a week. There is a lot of pull there that Hillary surely didn't see.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

As RPB caught, note the use of the word enthusiastic. There is no love loss between him and Hillary, Barack was being a good soldier endorsing her. Now give Obama somebody he wants to win. And give him the added incentive of beating Trump, I think that is your candidate. But, this is the DNC so they will go the other way.

Following Charlottesville, Obama had the most liked tweet ever in like 36 hours. Nearly 3 million likes within a week. There is a lot of pull there that Hillary surely didn't see.

Agreed on Obama's lack of enthusiasm through much of the race. He seemed disinterested until it became obvious that Trump had a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

As RPB caught, note the use of the word enthusiastic. There is no love loss between him and Hillary, Barack was being a good soldier endorsing her. Now give Obama somebody he wants to win.

Maybe someone who didnt say he was born in Kenya or fantasize about his death.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Agreed on all counts. I think it could be argued that Gore cost himself the election by not using Clinton to campaign for him. Bill was the anti-Gore in terms of personality & his approval ratings were in the mid-60's when he left office.

I think it was also a mistake by Hillary not to use Bill heavily. I think he was still quite popular even with his issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I think it was also a mistake by Hillary not to use Bill heavily. I think he was still quite popular even with his issues.

Bigtime. She cared more about doing it her way than leveraging 2 of the most popular presidents following 8 years in office. She is a dope.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I forgot all about Kamala Harris. There's a huge groundswell of support for her among Extremely Online liberals who hate (((Bernie))).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
I forgot all about Kamala Harris. There's a huge groundswell of support for her among Extremely Online liberals who hate (((Bernie))).

It'll be interesting if she gets that Obama pass and doesn't need to serve much time to become viable. RR & I talked about her after she won the Senate seat. My guess is she will jump up on the national stage quickly, but recall that Obama benefited from that terrific DNC speech. She will need to make a similar impact to wow party insiders.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'd like to learn more about this candidate!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm 

denisdman wrote:
She will need to make a similar impact to wow party insiders.

No, not really. She's a black woman, so she'll coast on identity politics. She loves prison and Wall Street but she's savvy enough to know which way the wind's blowing with progressive issues like Medicare For All. She's definitely not Obama in terms of charisma. No one else in the Democratic Party is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

She did trot him out there a decent amount especially early on. I think after Monica Lewinski came back into the spotlight and Trump brought out all the former Bill accusers, she tucked him away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm 

I could see a John Kelly type with moderately liberal political views at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:14 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It'll be interesting if she gets that Obama pass and doesn't need to serve much time to become viable. RR & I talked about her after she won the Senate seat. My guess is she will jump up on the national stage quickly, but recall that Obama benefited from that terrific DNC speech. She will need to make a similar impact to wow party insiders.

I constantly receive funding raising pleas from her on behalf of other dem politicians. She's made prominent republicans "nervous" when she's questioned them on the Senate floor. I think much more of her as a speaker than I ever did of Obama. Not to mention that she's a more dedicated fighter and brighter as well.

I'm positive that she was a better practicing lawer. I'm certain she'll be a regular on the talk shows after the new year and pushed to a leadership role

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm 

She's an obvious up and comer. But I thought the same thing about Rubio, and he flopped on the national stage. If you saw Rubio in a typical media interview, he seemed great. He got on stage and squirmed and shifted. I always thought a Hispanic Republican was the cure for what ails the Republican Party, but they sure have flopped up until now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I constantly receive funding raising pleas from her on behalf of other dem politicians. She's made prominent republicans "nervous" when she's questioned them on the Senate floor. I think much more of her as a speaker than I ever did of Obama. Not to mention that she's a more dedicated fighter and brighter as well.

I'm positive that she was a better practicing lawer. I'm certain she'll be a regular on the talk shows after the new year and pushed to a leadership role

I'm not seeing this.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:
She's an obvious up and comer. But I thought the same thing about Rubio, and he flopped on the national stage. If you saw Rubio in a typical media interview, he seemed great. He got on stage and squirmed and shifted. I always thought a Hispanic Republican was the cure for what ails the Republican Party, but they sure have flopped up until now.

Rubio's presidential campaign felt more like a creation of liberal media forces than anything organically conservative. You could tell that the Beltway libs really wanted it to be Hillary prevailing over Rubio because to beat an almost young, almost hip minority conservative would be more triumphant than just beating some typical Republican ogre like Cruz, Jeb!, or Christie. It would have been something right out of The West Wing, where Republicans were either written as close to Jabba The Hutt as they could get without getting sued, or "hey, I'm a Republican, I just happen to not agree with them or look like them in any way, but I'm a Republican, all right." You could tell they couldn't pump his tires enough because he would keep finishing third or fourth and the pundits would all say "this was a great night for Marco Rubio." No, it clearly wasn't! Then at some point they got the DNC memo to hype Donald Trump so they did that instead, oops, but for a while there the media couldn't have imagined a more beautiful loser than Rubio.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Rubio's presidential campaign felt more like a creation of liberal media forces than anything organically conservative. You could tell that the Beltway libs really wanted it to be Hillary prevailing over Rubio because to beat an almost young, almost hip minority conservative would be more triumphant than just beating some typical Republican ogre like Cruz, Jeb!, or Christie. It would have been something right out of The West Wing, where Republicans were either written as close to Jabba The Hutt as they could get without getting sued, or "hey, I'm a Republican, I just happen to not agree with them or look like them in any way, but I'm a Republican, all right." You could tell they couldn't pump his tires enough because he would keep finishing third or fourth and the pundits would all say "this was a great night for Marco Rubio." No, it clearly wasn't! Then at some point they got the DNC memo to hype Donald Trump so they did that instead, oops, but for a while there the media couldn't have imagined a more beautiful loser than Rubio.

I think Rubio being closer to the media's ideal type politician is enough of an explanation for the bias towards him without having to add that it was all to give Hillary extra credit. That and Beltway libs being typically ignorant of policy and thus presuming that since he wasn't an asshole like Cruz, his policies must also be far more moderate and tolerable by default.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I think Rubio being closer to the media's ideal type politician is enough of an explanation for the bias towards him without having to add that it was all to give Hillary extra credit. That and Beltway libs being typically ignorant of policy and thus presuming that since he wasn't an asshole like Cruz, his policies must also be far more moderate and tolerable by default.
If he would have bothered to show up for his job occasionally he might have had more cred. Does he golf?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm 

I don’t rule out a Rubio comeback when he matures (i.e. looks older than 22). Agree it was not a good look to be so absent at his Senate job.

But at this point, I could care less about who the Republicans run. They have no core philosphy or beliefs and certainly no ability to run the country.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm 

Oh, they have beliefs, all right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm not seeing this.

Like I said, just wait until her freshman year is over. Tim Ryan will be shunted aside and Adam Schiff will be slammed by the masterbatory nature of being a accomplishment less member of the House and his committee in particular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Kamala Harris and Tulsi Gabbard are interesting up and comers. Great point about Rubio. In a controlled environment he talks really well, but he got absolutely roasted when put on the spot in the debates. All sorts of promise but at game time, he absolutely choked.

Bernie is too old. Hillary is too old. I think there's truth to getting someone who has the Obama and Clinton charisma. Easier said than done, but that wins the election easily.

I'm with CH....not convinced Trump will even want or live to a 2nd term.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm not seeing this.

Like I said, just wait until her freshman year is over. Tim Ryan will be shunted aside and Adam Schiff will be slammed by the masterbatory nature of being a accomplishment less member of the House and his committee in particular

I will be surprised if Harris isn't the leading contender for the Democratic nomination by 2019. In my estimation, she is far more charismatic than Obama, who is a great orator but is lethargic and boring when not reading from a script. Harris has a much more dynamic personality. She also has deeply troubling connections to the finance industry and Steve "The Foreclosure King" Mnuchin.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I must be fucking blind. I've noticed Harris but I'm just not seeing what you guys are. Now I have to really pay attention.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What about Jay Inslee?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm not seeing this.

I will be surprised if Harris isn't the leading contender for the Democratic nomination by 2019. In my estimation, she is far more charismatic than Obama, who is a great orator but is lethargic and boring when not reading from a script. Harris has a much more dynamic personality. She also has deeply troubling connections to the finance industry and Steve "The Foreclosure King" Mnuchin.

One West Bank!

She's on the take, and I say that as a democrat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 pm 

How do you follow up a black man and a white woman with anyone but a black woman?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Michelle would be great if she chose to run.

Are there any Hispanic Dems out there? Governors, mayor's?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next