It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Listened to about 20 minutes today in the car.

Each host should just start every sentence that way. Not much has changed in 4 months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Dan just explained to me why I'm a fan.

Good to know. I sometimes forget why I should enjoy Cubs playoff games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Doc, you’re better than this. Leave these to the usual rabble.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah Doc, there are enough biased people here that know the show sucks . We don't need your opinion on this.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah Doc, there are enough biased people here that know the show sucks . We don't need your opinion on this.

Fair enough. I just tuned in and found it annoying.

I'll leave it there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doc must have missed the part of the show where Goff called Doc a racist. Had he heard that, he would have been even more annoyed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Doc must have missed the part of the show where Goff called Doc a racist. Had he heard that, he would have been even more annoyed.

That's probably pretty accurate.

I'm from the 815.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 pm 

Sorry but the “I never listen but I tuned in for a few minutes and it sucked” thread seems like it’s been done before. I’m sure that’s just my imagination. If others find it interesting then by all means carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sorry but the “I never listen but I tuned in for a few minutes and it sucked” thread seems like it’s been done before. I’m sure that’s just my imagination. If others find it interesting then by all means carry on.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I haven't listened since Terry retired, but I can actually hear Bernstein's voice when I read the thread title.
:evil:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Agreed. But I really hadn’t listened in a long time.

But I agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It's believable with Dr Ken though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It's believable with Dr Ken though.

I was curious about how long it had been since I’d posted in one of these threads with a comment on something I had actually listened to but I didn’t care enough to do that kind of research.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
both guys picked the Nats.

Jason has a habit of saying "and that's the other thing". A lot. I never got annoyed with Terry, but Jason's starting to wear on me.

They spent the entire show going back and forth...it's the Cubs hitters/it's the Nats pitching.

And they couldn't keep the narrative straight. When they had done enough of one, they'd flip to the other. Have a strong opinion...that's what you're paid to do. It's either mainly Nats pitching or mainly Cub hitting.

Pretty terrible show yesterday. And I"m a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They got pretty upset when a caller said Cubs have the best fans. Dan replied with something that if it's not on Baseball Reference or Fan Graphs, then it's not being measured. "Don't make a statement that starts with feels like or seems like...."

I laughed. Dan is probably right, but he extracts so little enjoyment out of sports. They've got my ear from 4:30-5:00 daily.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
A fan called in asking what they'd like to see going forward if the Cubs lost the game or how Dan and Jason feel about the season. Dan was in full shit heel mode and of course turned it against the caller asking him how he feels and it doesn't matter what Dan and Jason think.

He's such a jag that he cannot answer one question sincerely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 am 

denisdman wrote:
They got pretty upset when a caller said Cubs have the best fans. Dan replied with something that if it's not on Baseball Reference or Fan Graphs, then it's not being measured. "Don't make a statement that starts with feels like or seems like...."

I laughed. Dan is probably right, but he extracts so little enjoyment out of sports. They've got my ear from 4:30-5:00 daily.

It seems like Dan is slave to numbers.

Works there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

You still like the show?

I've never taken a strong stance either way. I think Bernstein is awesome sometimes and sometimes terrible. But with Goff its all been bad. (I listen about 10 mins per day though...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:

I can't believe someone hasn't murdered him yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Works there.

The caller seemed upset that the Cubs didn't win game 4 at home. His point was, they have these loud, crazy, loyal fans, and it doesn't seem to be an advantage to the home team Cubs. Dan spouted off that the Cubs home and away record was the bout same, so there was no statistical significance. But the fact remains that generally teams play better at home, so there should be a statistical advantage at home. The caller rightly wondered why the Cubs didn't have that advantage.

The show is a tough listen. I remain committed to giving it a fair shake on my drive home.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 am 

denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Works there.

The caller seemed upset that the Cubs didn't win game 4 at home. His point was, they have these loud, crazy, loyal fans, and it doesn't seem to be an advantage to the home team Cubs. Dan spouted off that the Cubs home and away record was the bout same, so there was no statistical significance. But the fact remains that generally teams play better at home, so there should be a statistical advantage at home. The caller rightly wondered why the Cubs didn't have that advantage.

The show is a tough listen. I remain committed to giving it a fair shake on my drive home.

I caught the end of that.

The guy was right. Goff and Bernstein laughed.

I dont know how people get enjoyment from this. It's two guys saying "OMG, LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS" and a good portion of the time, they arent even correct.

oh well

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

You still like the show?

I've never taken a strong stance either way. I think Bernstein is awesome sometimes and sometimes terrible. But with Goff its all been bad. (I listen about 10 mins per day though...)

Yes. Still the most entertainment in sports talk in Chicago. I don’t listen continually though. Only if it interests me. That hasn’t happened with W&S.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Now you know how we feel when we read your “I’m not a lawyer but pretend to be” thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Works there.

I dont know how people get enjoyment from this. It's two guys saying "OMG, LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS" and a good portion of the time, they arent even correct.

oh well

So do you believe the callers theory? The fans put pressure on the Cubs? Even as a Sox fan I don’t think they’re that weak-minded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:50 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Listened to about 20 minutes today in the car.

Each host should just start every sentence that way. Not much has changed in 4 months.

Switched to 1000 after Goff took over for Terry. I try to listen during commercial breaks and can't even stomach 2min of Goff. I think the score is "really" doomed if they don't change their rhetoric.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am 

If no one ever listens to these guys, how does everyone know what they are saying, and what goes on?
Don't hate listen, these two need the audience to be indifferent, that's when change will occur.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:48 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Works there.

oh well

So do you believe the callers theory? The fans put pressure on the Cubs? Even as a Sox fan I don’t think they’re that weak-minded.

He was right about the record in road games vs home.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jason said, a few weeks ago, that the ratings mean nothing to the station, and they're only used to determine bonuses, not what gets changed on the shows. He started in on how flawed the ratings are, and how no one pays attention to them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
City of Fools wrote:
Jason said, a few weeks ago, that the ratings mean nothing to the station, and they're only used to determine bonuses, not what gets changed on the shows. He started in on how flawed the ratings are, and how no one pays attention to them.
Sounds exactly like something that somebody who is losing in the ratings game would say.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
City of Fools wrote:

Haha. Right. I'm pretty sure everyone in TV and radio would disagree with him. Ask Roe Conn and Brandmeyer and Eddie and JoBo and many others if ratings affected their employment.

So hypothetically, if ZERO people listened to Goff try to move souls, I guess they would sign him to a contract extension, and he would only miss out on his bonuses?