It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Some music fest featuring 311 with that awful intro music.

I imagine it's 311.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Could TBS play that playball.org with that horrible fucking "Crazy Youngsters" song more often?
:evil:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
stoneroses86 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
it's not a "commercial" but that ten second spot "featuring" Jason Goff and the B&G show, Jason is spouting some insane sentence about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and nothing he says makes sense. Anyone else hear this?

On a related note, I am not a fan of those pre-recorded spots they play after a big game (usually Bernstein or Mully saying something like, "Well, the Bears lost again, falling to the Vikings, and are now 1-4. Stick around for full coverage..."). You just know they recorded two versions days earlier. The fakeness is off-putting.

I heard that they send the clips they do not use to little children in Africa.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
JB Pritzker wants to be governor to honor his *sniff* multiple job working, alcoholic, *sniff* now deceased mother.

OK.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
that rich short fat bastard can go fuck himself. i saw a few rauner commercials yesterday for the first time. i'm going to have to pretty soon completely cease watching local TV stations live

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
billypootons wrote:
that rich short fat bastard can go fuck himself. i saw a few rauner commercials yesterday for the first time. i'm going to have to pretty soon completely cease watching local TV stations live

Rauner's got that cool, grungy shirt, though. He may be a man of the people or, barring that, an Alice in Chains fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
it's not a "commercial" but that ten second spot "featuring" Jason Goff and the B&G show, Jason is spouting some insane sentence about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and nothing he says makes sense. Anyone else hear this?

On a related note, I am not a fan of those pre-recorded spots they play after a big game (usually Bernstein or Mully saying something like, "Well, the Bears lost again, falling to the Vikings, and are now 1-4. Stick around for full coverage..."). You just know they recorded two versions days earlier. The fakeness is off-putting.

The best are all the ones they gave Big Voice Guy cut for all the eventualities. I'm sure they have a "Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is DONE FOR THE SEASON! Keep it right here, Bears fans...." and probably a "Kyle Schwarber has been TRADED!" as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
And take it easy on the Webb dealer commercials you see and hear around town starting later this month.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hungry Eyes/Applebees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

The best are all the ones they gave Big Voice Guy cut for all the eventualities. I'm sure they have a "Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is DONE FOR THE SEASON! Keep it right here, Bears fans...." and probably a "Kyle Schwarber has been TRADED!" as well.

Once in a while they will play one of the "wrong" ones...the best was "BREAKING NEWS...CHICAGO HAS BEEN AWARDED THE 2016 OLYMPICS! CONGRATULATIONS TO MAYOR DALEY AND THE CITY OF CHICAGO!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Jubal, of Brooke and Jubal, and those awful phone taps. 100.3 advertises for those all the damn time. Jubal might be one of the most annoying people in radio, and that's saying a lot. Also, other than Civil War General Jubal Early, who the fuck is named Jubal?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 pm 

google phone and buick share similar, and equally annoying jingle songs. the horns are terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
That corporate fuck in the Phillips Chevy commercials needs to be shot multiple times without the kill shot. Let him bleed out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm 

The Geico commercial with the ref who has to announce his order using a mic. :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
The Geico commercial with the ref who has to announce his order using a mic. :evil: :evil:

What kind of savage wears a referee uniform to a restaurant?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I feel like the "NFL referee in non-football setting" trope has been done to death.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tad Queasy wrote:

Maybe the first time I chuckled. The 300th time in a weekend though..l

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
At least the soda tax ads and the Hyundai Sweet Caroline's are done.

And the Potbelly ad is as annoying as their waitstaff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
SuperMario wrote:
Jubal, of Brooke and Jubal, and those awful phone taps. 100.3 advertises for those all the damn time. Jubal might be one of the most annoying people in radio, and that's saying a lot. Also, other than Civil War General Jubal Early, who the fuck is named Jubal?

This is one of those posts that you read back to yourself later and say, "you know, I think I revealed too much."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
BAM! BABY!

I will never enter a Napleton dealership, ever...BAM! BABY!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

This is one of those posts that you read back to yourself later and say, "you know, I think I revealed too much."

100.3's playlist is surprisingly tolerable. But why is SuperMario listening to Brooke and Jubal? They're only on in this market so that Eric-sans-Kathy doesn't have to face local competition from within Hubbard -- even the station itself would rather you not listen to Brooke and Jubal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Curious Hair wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

100.3's playlist is surprisingly tolerable. But why is SuperMario listening to Brooke and Jubal? They're only on in this market so that Eric-sans-Kathy doesn't have to face local competition from within Hubbard -- even the station itself would rather you not listen to Brooke and Jubal.

I don't listen to Brooke and Jubal. Sometimes I listen to 100.3 driving home from work when I can't do talk radio. 100.3's problem is they advertise for their phone taps all the time by playing bits of them during the afternoons trying to entice people to tune in for the morning show.

And yes, 100.3 can have a good playlist sometimes when they aren't playing too many Maroon 5 or Train songs in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:53 am 

I can't tell if Bob Rohrman is doing a voice/character or if that's just how he sounds now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I was being nostalgic and YouTubing commercials from the 80's when I ran across this E.F. Hutton commercial. JORR would be proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXqb1a3Apg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Tad Queasy wrote:
I can't tell if Bob Rohrman is doing a voice/character or if that's just how he sounds now.

I was thinking about doing a Can't Do It call where I asked "Which is safer bet? Bob Rohrman safely driving you home from a Christmas party or JDC reading her self written updates correctly 10 straight times?"

Bob Rorhman sounds like someone on a bender actively having a stroke.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I love you
A bushel and a peck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This should probably be in DBOTW. I just saw a commercial during the World Series for Subway, which in honor of "World Sandwich Day" on Nov 3, promises that for every sandwich and drink purchased, they will donate "a meal" to a charity called Feeding America. I happened to catch the fine print at the end: they will not be donating actual meals or food, but rather "the monetary equivalent of a meal ($0.09)." NINE FUCKING CENTS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 pm 

Hey, if we all subsisted on nine-cent meals, we'd never run up medical costs!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Curious Hair wrote:
Hey, if we all subsisted on nine-cent meals, we'd never run up medical costs!

That's the ingredient cost of a Subway sandwich. Labor, rent, utilities, terrible napkins, etc. makes up the remaining $2.90.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am 

Another one for JB Pritzker.

He's going on and on about how he's going to fight Donald Trump. How about telling us what you're going to do to help fix some of the problems facing Illinois that exist regardless of who is in the White House instead of pandering to the RESIST crowd? I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a pink pussy hat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 100  Next