All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fuck Caller Bob
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
rogers park bryan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The first GM to ever bring a World Series appearance in jimmy’s lifetime, and he bitches about him incessantly.

That's why we love him

NOT incessantly! But check with Brave fans if they felt fulfilled after their run mostly as bridesmaids!

Right now my favorite sports team has 1 WSC in 109 years!

Don't you guys get it??????????

Theo has 1 in 6 years.

The guys before him had zero in 102 years.

Is it because he's Jewish, Jimmy?

No, I Hate everybody equally.

No,the 3 year rebuild sticks in my crawl.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hank Scorpio wrote:
And if you want to really get down to the heart of the matter, Theo punted 3 seasons away. That's why Jimmy ultimately hates him. 3 seasons of his lifetime, The Cubs didn't have a good team. How many other seasons in his life did the team suck non-intentionally?

So in the three seasons that Theo has actively been trying to win, he has a WS title bookended by two NLCS appearances. Oh the humanity!!! Fuck off with this tired bullshit.

If we’re being rational about it, Theo should have a lifetime pass. He brought a title to the Cubs. In my mind, he could suck for the next ten years and still be a hero. Have some Cub fans forgotten how historically awful this franchise has been?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:23 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
And if you want to really get down to the heart of the matter, Theo punted 3 seasons away. That's why Jimmy ultimately hates him. 3 seasons of his lifetime, The Cubs didn't have a good team. How many other seasons in his life did the team suck non-intentionally?

So in the three seasons that Theo has actively been trying to win, he has a WS title bookended by two NLCS appearances. Oh the humanity!!! Fuck off with this tired bullshit.

If we’re being rational about it, Theo should have a lifetime pass. He brought a title to the Cubs. In my mind, he could suck for the next ten years and still be a hero. Have some Cub fans forgotten how historically awful this franchise has been?

Some might say the same of Joe Maddon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
jimmypasta wrote:
Without the suckage of those three years, the Cubs likely do not acquire enough talent to win a World Series.

Theo also came in to a situation with a pretty bare cupboard. Its not like he took over a team on the verge of winning a division like he did in Boston.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The first GM to ever bring a World Series appearance in jimmy’s lifetime, and he bitches about him incessantly.

That's why we love him

NOT incessantly! But check with Brave fans if they felt fulfilled after their run mostly as bridesmaids!

Right now my favorite sports team has 1 WSC in 109 years!

Don't you guys get it??????????

Theo has 1 in 6 years.

The guys before him had zero in 102 years.

Is it because he's Jewish, Jimmy?

No, I Hate everybody equally.

A 3 year rebuild is damn near miraculous.

And it got you 1 WS and 2 LCS appearances.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Some might say the same of Joe Maddon.

Agreed. He irritates me as a person, but that accomplishment with the Cubs is basically a lifetime pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

These posts make me smile every time. You aren't wrong either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That fades though. Granted not usually the next season, but after about 5 years it's done and it becomes what have you done for me lately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That fades though. Granted not usually the next season, but after about 5 years it's done and it becomes what have you done for me lately.

Practically speaking, yes... but in hindsight, you still wouldn’t trade the title even after those ten losing seasons. It’s the Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am 

I respect him,just not crazy about how he did it.

I DO understand how hard a baseball WSC is to win.

I blame the playoff format. Having the best record in your league doesn't really count for shit anymore.

They could add more playoff teams but work it out that everybody but one team gets eliminated.
THAT team goes on to play the team with the best record in the NLCS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jimmy that is a very cool Nixon story. Re: Theo Epstein/Cubs..sorry disagree with you there. I think that is a bad "take" you have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Practically speaking, yes... but in hindsight, you still wouldn’t trade the title even after those ten losing seasons. It’s the Cubs.

Of course. I just mean the "untouchable" feeling with managers/GMs goes away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Jimmy that is a very cool Nixon story. Re: Theo Epstein/Cubs..sorry disagree with you there. I think that is a bad "take" you have.

My Nixon story proves one thing. I'm as old as dust! Which explains a lot of my over 25,000 wacky comments on here. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Of course. I just mean the "untouchable" feeling with managers/GMs goes away.

Probably faster when you dont make the playoffs any of those 5.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Maddon has much shorter of a leash because he can lose the clubhouse.

Hopefully, Hickey, Chili Davis, and new bench coach David Ross can prevent that from happening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 am 

I'm not wasting all of my good arguing on this topic for an off season thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

My Nixon story proves one thing. I'm as old as dust! Which explains a lot of my over 25,000 wacky comments on here. :lol:

Last year I prayed to God...God just one world series before I die. As I was on the couching bitching about the Cubs performance vs the Dodgers I heard a voice from up above Shut the fuck up you Beta-Faggot...we had a deal!

It is all about perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
good dolphin wrote:
I'm not wasting all of my good arguing on this topic for an off season thread.

The sign of a veteran troller. Only so many bullets left in that arm, gotta save it for when it counts. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Kind of. Your interest can fall but you never really care as much. My perspective changed a lot when I saw how the Yankees fans were in New York. They had an awesome team just about every year. They didn't really seem to enjoy baseball any more than most Sox fans I knew(and yes, I knew Sox fans out there because we have a national fanbase). The emotion just wasn't really there. The parade was fun and then they moved on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Kind of. Your interest can fall but you never really care as much. My perspective changed a lot when I saw how the Yankees fans were in New York. They had an awesome team just about every year. They didn't really seem to enjoy baseball any more than most Sox fans I knew(and yes, I knew Sox fans out there because we have a national fanbase). The emotion just wasn't really there. The parade was fun and then they moved on.

Hell that happened to Atlanta fans. Winning became so commonplace that they couldn't be bothered to show up for the NLDS anymore. Championship appearance or GTFO :lol: :lol: I'd love to reach that point. I was coming off watching a WS title and still spitting fire during the NLDS and NLCS. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Last year I prayed to God...God just one world series before I die. As I was on the couching bitching about the Cubs performance vs the Dodgers I heard a voice from up above Shut the fuck up you Beta-Faggot...we had a deal!

Yeah,is it so wrong to want another one? I have been a Cub fan since 1967. I was spoiled for about 6-7 years back then. They had some pretty good teams and were usually picked to win by baseball publications like Street & Smith. It's a small window for sustained excellence. I fear we might be seeing it slip away with this group. So yeah,I want another one...sue me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah,is it so wrong to want another one? I have been a Cub fan since 1967. I was spoiled for about 6-7 years back then. They had some pretty good teams and were usually picked to win by baseball publications like Street & Smith. It's a small window for sustained excellence. I fear we might be seeing it slip away with this group. So yeah,I want another one...sue me!

I am near certain they will win another one in this next 5 year window. The rest of the NL Central isn't making moves that scare me so I bet they win the division the next 4-5 years, then it's just roll of the dice!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
jimmypasta wrote:
I blame the playoff format. Having the best record in your league doesn't really count for shit anymore.

I disagree. The WC game depletes a team's pitching and gives a decent advantage to the division winner. I suppose you could deplete it even more by making the WC a 2 out of 3.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah,is it so wrong to want another one? I have been a Cub fan since 1967. I was spoiled for about 6-7 years back then. They had some pretty good teams and were usually picked to win by baseball publications like Street & Smith.

What the fuck are you talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:50 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You got spoiled by the teams in the 60s and 70s that never made the playoffs but the team that won a title and has made the playoffs 3 years running isn't showing you anything?

Win more titles than the teams in the 60s that didn't win anything!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
They weren't signing big name free agents for big money to add to a less-than-talented team in the hopes of striking gold (which is exactly what both the Cubs & Sox had been doing).

What gets lost in all of the "tanking" talk is that Theo & Jed still had to make the right personnel decisions in order for them to improve. You can "tank" and still fuck up by backing the wrong players. They chose wisely and deserve credit for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 am 

Killer V wrote:
They weren't signing big name free agents for big money to add to a less-than-talented team in the hopes of striking gold (which is exactly what both the Cubs & Sox had been doing).

What gets lost in all of the "tanking" talk is that Theo & Jed still had to make the right personnel decisions in order for them to improve. You can "tank" and still fuck up by backing the wrong players. They chose wisely and deserve credit for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Killer V wrote:

#TheSpeech

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
good dolphin wrote:
Killer V wrote:

No one said they were perfect.

Despite that one...