It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shohei Otani
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:09 pm 

So it looks like MLB is going to extend the old posting system to allow Otani to come to the states next season.

They really fucked this up during he last collective bargaining agreement. They have to figure out the international rules for free agents and the international draft because changing the rules on an individual basis makes them look like a bunch of buffoons.

Post subject: Re: Shohei Otani
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Keyser Soze wrote:
So it looks like MLB is going to extend the old posting system to allow Otani to come to the states next season.

They really fucked this up during he last collective bargaining agreement. They have to figure out the international rules for free agents and the international draft because changing the rules on an individual basis makes them look like a bunch of buffoons.

Please talk to your White Sock connections!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
I loved her on Saturday Night Live, especially in the cheerleader skits with Will Ferrell.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Ha. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. One way or another this dude is going to get paid and the Sox aren’t going to shell out big money for a pitcher. That’s why they got so much young pitching in those trades. I think he ends up in Seattle. Texas and of course the Dodgers are also possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Overrated. As a pitcher, he's not as good as Darvish or Dice-K(based on numbers in Japan), offensively he's worse than Fukodome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 am 

Well he only pitched in five games this year because of an ankle Injury and saying he’s not as good as Darvish isn’t exactly a knock. Before TJ that guy was really fucking good. I agree with the hitting part.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Overrated. As a pitcher, he's not as good as Darvish or Dice-K(based on numbers in Japan), offensively he's worse than Fukodome.

How about Schwarber?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cashman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Yes, please do. Then the Sox will know exactly what not to do this offseason.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Do you really think there is a downside, in signing this guy? The Sox payroll is low, and I do not believe for a second that Jerry is allowing Hahn to bank this to use in a couple years. If they guy can be a solid pitcher and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I do not see the harm in signing him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 am 

Cashman wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Do you really think there is a downside, in signing this guy? The Sox payroll is low, and I do not believe for a second that Jerry is allowing Hahn to bank this to use in a couple years. If they guy can be a solid pitcher and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I do not see the harm in signing him.

Two arms and a leg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't think this is the season where the Sox should be signing any high price free ajents.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 am 

The players union balked at the posting fee as well they should. The Ham Fighters get $20M while Otani is maxed at around $3.5M. These idiots fucked this up good while they were too busy fighting about how to split up billions of dollars during the last collective bargaining agreement. The pooch is howling out back.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think this is the season where the Sox should be signing any high price free ajents.

He won't be high priced. $3.5M to sign, then league minimum. If he's somewhat good, the best extension he could get is like 6/$60M.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm 

So it looks like the wonks finally came to an agreement. I tried to read it but I'll be god damned if I understand it but rest assured everyone will get their money. Otani will be posted on Dec 1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 am 

It looks like he'll be posted on Friday. His agents want all 30 teams to submit a written letter answering the following questions. I included answers to the questions:

1.“An evaluation of Shohei’s talent as a pitcher and/or a hitter (we can give you the most money)
2.“Player development, medical, training and player performance philosophies and capabilities (we can give you the most money)
3.“Major League, Minor League, and Spring Training facilities (we can give you the most money)
4.“Resources for Shohei’s cultural assimilation (we can give you the most money)
5.“A detailed plan for integrating Shohei into the organization (we can give you the most money)
6.“Why the city and franchise are a desirable place to play (we can give you the most money)
7.“Relevant marketplace characteristics." (we can give you the most money)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Do you think a " handshake deal" is understood to tear up his deal after a year and a big fat extension is guaranteed?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

Has to be. I know he thinks he’s some transient player but no one is that egotistical to leave $100M+ on the table.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
but no one is that egotistical to leave $100M+ on the table.
Unless they are coming to play for the Cubs! /dolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Keyser Soze wrote:
It looks like he'll be posted on Friday. His agents want all 30 teams to submit a written letter answering the following questions. I included answers to the questions:

1.“An evaluation of Shohei’s talent as a pitcher and/or a hitter (we can give you the most money)
2.“Player development, medical, training and player performance philosophies and capabilities (we can give you the most money)
3.“Major League, Minor League, and Spring Training facilities (we can give you the most money)
4.“Resources for Shohei’s cultural assimilation (we can give you the most money)
5.“A detailed plan for integrating Shohei into the organization (we can give you the most money)
6.“Why the city and franchise are a desirable place to play (we can give you the most money)
7.“Relevant marketplace characteristics." (we can give you the most money)

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm 

He’s offically been posted. Let the feeding frenzy begin.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I haven't heard them rumored as heavy hitters in this contest but I think the Angels end up with him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The White Sox made a presentation for him and are going to make an effort. That's cool I guess, maybe he really likes half-Polish-half-Mexican girls?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
America wrote:
The White Sox made a presentation for him and are going to make an effort. That's cool I guess, maybe he really likes half-Polish-half-Mexican girls?

Since he can pretty much get the same thing from every team, I’m sure one of the worst teams with little Asian support in the city will be at the top of his list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:14 pm 

Put up some rising sun flags and anime billboards up in Chinatown I'm sure it'll look just like back home.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm 

They aren't getting him but I am glad they made the effort. There are other front offices that did not bother, for the Sox that would be inexplicable.

Everyone gets a chance to make a first impression, why pass it up? Otani is a free agent in six years, he could be available on the trade market as soon as three years from now (really it could even be sooner). Who knows where the Sox will be then?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 pm 

It was cute that the Sox tried to court Otani. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 pm 

312player wrote:
It was cute that the Sox tried to court Otani. :lol:

Yeah, I just hope Theo uses his genius to lure him to the North Side considering he doesn't know how to draft a pitcher.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:58 pm 

The most any team can offer is 3.5 mill.. So this isn't about money.. He doesn't like the heat, Id say the Cubs have a 25% chance..

NY-25%
Seattle 25%
Boston 25%

I agree, Epstein is awful at drafting pitching.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
His pitching walks are alarmingly high this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
America wrote:
Otani is a free agent in six years, he could be available on the trade market as soon as three years from now (really it could even be sooner). Who knows where the Sox will be then?

Tampa - St. Pete?