It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beer Suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Somebody who doesn't want to pay $10 for an overrated beer.

Douchebag wrote:
Chus wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
That sounds like work. To the cellar it is.
Keep them in the darkest, coolest place you can.

But my ex-wife's heart is not an option...
This can be arranged...

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chus wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
That sounds like work. To the cellar it is.

Keep them in the darkest, coolest place you can.

I was at a place in Davenport on Saturday that had it on draft. I'm not sure what year it was and didn't ask because it's not really my thing, but it was ten bucks which I thought was pretty good.

Founders CBS?

No, Goose Bourbon County. I thought that's what you guys were talking about.

$10 for a snifter isn't too bad. I think they were $12 at John's in Winfield.

Who would order that shitty New Belgium beer over BCBS?

I didn't think it was that common to have the barrel-aged stuff as a regular product on draft. I usually see bars making a big deal out of it. Like, "TUESDAY! We're tapping a keg of Deth By Cherries!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Somebody who doesn't want to pay $10 for an overrated beer.

Somebody who doesn't like good beer is more like it. And that's fine, but nobody cares about a Miller Lite drinker's opinion of overrated beers.

If I listed overrated beers, MANY from New Belgium would be on the list.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I didn't think it was that common to have the barrel-aged stuff as a regular product on draft. I usually see bars making a big deal out of it. Like, "TUESDAY! We're tapping a keg of Deth By Cherries!"

Barrel-Aged drafts are becoming more common as these breweries begin to ramp up production (which can obviously take years). Goose Island has an entire warehouse on Sacramento with barrels stacked floor to ceiling. This has been probably been the easiest year to find Bourbon County in a long time.

Last edited by Douchebag on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:05 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Barrel-Aged drafts are becoming more common as these breweries begin to ramp up production (which can obviously take years). Goose Island has an tire warehouse on Sacramento with barrels stacked floor to ceiling. This has been probably been the easiest year to find Bourbon County in a long time.

No doubt on the regular BCBS. I saw several cases at a store today. The variants are becoming harder to get. I was 20th in line at Binny's, and I didn't get a Reserve or a Northwoods. It is getting to the point of not being worth waiting in line if I can't get them all. I can't believe that a Binny's that big only got one case of those.

You saw what they were going for at John's. They were charging $80 for a bottle of 2017 Prop. Had I known that, I would have brought mine, and tried to sell it once theirs were gone.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm 

Chus wrote:
You saw what they were going for at John's. They were charging $80 for a bottle of 2017 Prop. Had I known that, I would have brought mine, and tried to sell it once theirs were gone.

I was at John's on Monday night and asked the bartender if they had any of the prop bottles left. He said they sold out of them on the Saturday after Black Friday. :lol: :lol:

You could probably sell that bottle of prop on Craigslist for $100.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chus wrote:
And that's fine, but nobody cares about a Miller Lite drinker's opinion of overrated beers.
Poor RPB.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Chus wrote:

I was at John's on Monday night and asked the bartender if they had any of the prop bottles left. He said they sold out of them on the Saturday after Black Friday. :lol: :lol:

I don't want to do the leg work.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Chus wrote:

Lazy. Sad! :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Barrel-Aged drafts are becoming more common as these breweries begin to ramp up production (which can obviously take years). Goose Island has an tire warehouse on Sacramento with barrels stacked floor to ceiling. This has been probably been the easiest year to find Bourbon County in a long time.

No doubt on the regular BCBS. I saw several cases at a store today. The variants are becoming harder to get. I was 20th in line at Binny's, and I didn't get a Reserve or a Northwoods. It is getting to the point of not being worth waiting in line if I can't get them all. I can't believe that a Binny's that big only got one case of those.

I didn't find the Reserve much different than regular BCBS. The difference in price is strictly scarcity rather than quality. Prop, on the other hand, that's some good shit.

Haven't tried on tap or cracked open my Northwoods yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Chus wrote:

Lazy. Sad! :lol:

The only leg work I am doing, is using my legs to carry the box to the basement.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I didn't find the Reserve much different than regular BCBS. The difference in price is strictly scarcity rather than quality. Prop, on the other hand, that's some good shit.

Somebody opened a bottle at John's. I got to try some. Tons of blueberries.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 pm 

Chus wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Somebody opened a bottle at John's. I got to try some. Tons of blueberries.

No way. They've must've been jacked. I'm going to leave mine unopened. Opening it is too much work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Walked into a random grocery store out here in middle of nowhere and they had a display of BCBS. Several cases. In past years I would have been surprised to see it in one of the specialty liquor stores but this is just a crappy store with a tiny beer area.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Stumbled across a Douple IPA from Victory called Dirt Wolf. I like Hop Devil so I'll give this one a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Southern Tier 2XMAS tonight. Pittmike approved.

Had Great Lakes Christmas at lunch (we took off today and shopped) also approved.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
DirtWolf is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 am 
pittmike wrote:
Southern Tier 2XMAS tonight. Pittmike approved.

Had Great Lakes Christmas at lunch (we took off today and shopped) also approved.

Great Lakes is nicknamed "Christmas Crack" for a reason. Damn tasty stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I seem to like evey Great Lakes offering. Diversified line-up as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hatchetman wrote:

Yup good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I had some of Alter's "King's Blood" today, their Balaton cherry-wheat aged for four or five months in cabernet barrels. I ended up buying two 22oz bottles, one for a gift.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm 

I saw three varieties of Alter at Binny's in Naperville yesterday. I grabbed a sixer of Hopular Kid.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Watched part of the Bears game at the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha. They have a brand new bar in there with some nice
beers on tap. Had a few of the Toppling Goliath Pompeii IPA which was delicious. Picked up a bomber of their Hopsmack IIPA
for when I got home. That was also delicious. Literally looks like you are drinking Orange Juice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Hatchetman wrote:

Great Lakes Brewing is one of the few things that justifies the existence of the state of Ohio.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm 

went on a little christmas shopping spree at binnys the other day. cracked open throughout the week/weekend:
xocoveza, ten fiddy, old rasputin, deth's tar, backwards bastard and founders imperial porter.

deth's tar is good but pricey. i want to stop by revolution tap room and try deth by cherries.

xocoveza was really interesting. by itself with clean palate the coffee pops. drank with dinner (chicken curry) and the beer transformed into milk chocolate.

ten fiddy will always have a special place in my taste buds. love that beer. wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
went on a little christmas shopping spree at binnys the other day. cracked open throughout the week/weekend:
xocoveza, ten fiddy, old rasputin, deth's tar, backwards bastard and founders imperial porter.

deth's tar is good but pricey. i want to stop by revolution tap room and try deth by cherries.

xocoveza was really interesting. by itself with clean palate the coffee pops. drank with dinner (chicken curry) and the beer transformed into milk chocolate.

ten fiddy will always have a special place in my taste buds. love that beer. wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

I was very underwhelmed by the Barrel Aged Ten Fiddy. For the price I would consider it average at best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I was very underwhelmed by the Barrel Aged Ten Fiddy. For the price I would consider it average at best.

ya, i had it on tap last year at kaiser tiger. i didn't really detect anything different.

i'll just stick with a 4-pack of regular ten fiddy once or twice a winter/fall.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Really been digging Baderbrau's South Side Pride. It's probably my favorite Chicago area lager. It's maybe a touch hoppier than a traditional German Helles, but it just finished in a really nice clean way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:

I was there for the release. I'm not impressed by the variations. The vanilla was just bad. But that's not my kind of beer, so don't take my word for it. Also, they pissed me off because they sold the entire Friday allotment to dopes standing in line at 2:00, so if you went to the actual release party and wanted to grab your four on the way out, they weren't letting you have any.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 105  Next