It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jags
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Im pulling for these boys to win it all, best Defense since the 02 Bucs or 00 Ravens..both won the SB.both had a mediocre QB.

Post subject: Re: Jags
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Better than the '13 Seahawks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

No.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:34 am 

They are having a nice year, but lets not go crazy about how good their defense is.

Best since the 02 Bucs? Get that weak shit out of here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

Nope.

Very close though.

I'm pulling for them too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:
They are having a nice year, but lets not go crazy about how good their defense is.

I don't agree with it but it's not a crazy opinion at all. Their defense has been absolutely dominant all season long outside of the fluke game against Tennessee early in the season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I don't agree with it but it's not a crazy opinion at all. Their defense has been absolutely dominant all season long outside of the fluke game against Tennessee early in the season.

They have been really good. But I have a hard time labeling them as absolutely dominant when they are 19th in rush yds allowed on the season. They have been great against the pass. I am not even sure they are the best defense in the league this season, much less the best since 2002.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They have been really good. But I have a hard time labeling them as absolutely dominant when they are 19th in rush yds allowed on the season. They have been great against the pass. I am not even sure they are the best defense in the league this season, much less the best since 2002.

If you’re not sure you should ask somebody. There’s nobody close. Minnesota would be a distant second imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Jags have existed for 23 years, and this marks their seventh playoff appearance. In those 23 years, the Bears have four appearances.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If you’re not sure you should ask somebody. There’s nobody close. Minnesota would be a distant second imo.

Nobody close? The numbers do not share that opinion.

Either way the playoffs will tell the tale. Absolutely dominant defenses roll in the playoffs. So we will see how they hold up in the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Nobody close? The numbers do not share that opinion.

Really?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 17/opp.htm

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:32 pm 

Again, on that link you just showed they are 19th in rushing yds allowed. How can you be dominant and be 19th? Please explain that one. A dominant defense is good at stopping both the pass and the run.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Again, on that link you just showed they are 19th in rushing yds allowed. How can you be dominant and be 19th? Please explain that one. A dominant defense is good at stopping both the pass and the run.

Well they’ve allowed like 4 or 5 70 yard runs this year so it throws it off a bit. On one of them, Bilal Powell was on the ground and everyone thought he was down and jumped up and ran it all the way.

But to answer your question directly, they are 19th against the run because teams simply cannot pass the ball against them. There’s no choice but to run.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:37 pm 

I agree with you it won’t mean anything if they allow 20+ and lose in their first playoff game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I agree with you it won’t mean anything if they allow 20+ and lose in their first playoff game.

Yep.

They have been really good. I hope they have a dominant run in the playoffs. I just dont think you can call them them the best since 02. The Broncos of 15 and the Seahawks of 13 were both pretty damn good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yep.

They have been really good. I hope they have a dominant run in the playoffs. I just dont think you can call them them the best since 02. The Broncos of 15 and the Seahawks of 13 were both pretty damn good.

I don't think it's a slight to those teams to say Jacksonville is in their class. Nobody is saying those defenses weren't great.

Code:
A dominant defense is good at stopping both the pass and the run.

I disagree that it's a necessity, You know how everyone says its a passing league and has been saying it for years? Well it's not when teams play Jacksonville. They destroyed pretty much every QB they faced this year, allowing an average QB rating of 65.2 for the season. Considering the current climate of the league, I don't know how you can say that's not dominant. They're leaving teams no other choice but to try to run.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:01 pm 

Weren't the 15 Broncos doing pretty much the same thing in the same climate and yet were a top run stuffing defense as well?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:08 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Weren't the 15 Broncos doing pretty much the same thing in the same climate and yet were a top run stuffing defense as well?

Yeah they were great. Jags allowing less points and passing yards but that Denver team was a lot better at stopping the run.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:

Possibly, I forgot about them.. Nobody can pass on these guys in an era where all the rules are set up to be able to throw the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yep.

I don't think it's a slight to those teams to say Jacksonville is in their class. Nobody is saying those defenses weren't great.

Code:
A dominant defense is good at stopping both the pass and the run.

I disagree that it's a necessity, You know how everyone says its a passing league and has been saying it for years? Well it's not when teams play Jacksonville. They destroyed pretty much every QB they faced this year, allowing an average QB rating of 65.2 for the season. Considering the current climate of the league, I don't know how you can say that's not dominant. They're leaving teams no other choice but to try to run.

Yards are irrelevant. Points allowed is the only stat that matters. Yards allowed may or may not affect points given up, but in the end if you're giving up yards but not many points then you're a good defense.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 pm 

Vegan settled it.

2017 Jags > 2015 Broncos.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Vegan settled it.

2017 Jags > 2015 Broncos.

Idk about that. You'd have to factor in strength of schedule and all that. But I'm sick and tired of this yards stuff, both on offense and defense. It's such a flawed perspective. Sometimes teams give up runs or passes to keep the game clock ticking because they've already locked up a win and are just letting the other team die out. That's why the dumbest question after the game is "hey coach, do you think things would have turned out differently if you had a more balanced run pass ratio?" And I guess it's no accident that I've got Zaidmans voice in my head as I hear that question. Game flow is fluid and in the end all that matters is keeping the opposing team out of the end zone as much as possible.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

i can't abide by a team with those helmets. i hope their playoff run exposes how awful they are to more people so they'll change them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
i can't abide by a team with those helmets. i hope their playoff run exposes how awful they are to more people so they'll change them.

Yeah, as cool as it is to see a hard-luck franchise turn it around like this, a team with gold-to-matte-graphite gradient helmets deserves its luck.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:55 pm 

Smacksonville. Cuz they gettin smacked around.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:11 pm 

44 points to the 49ers. Yeah that should end the discussion on them being the best since 2002. 2nd time they have given up over 40 points

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:32 pm 

RFDC wrote:
44 points to the 49ers. Yeah that should end the discussion on them being the best since 2002. 2nd time they have given up over 40 points

Their defense hasn’t allowed 40 points yet this year. 49ers had a pick six today and another INT returned to the 30. Before today the most any team scored against them was 37, a game where Bortles again threw a pick 6.

But keep judging a team based on their worst performance of the season. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Their defense hasn’t allowed 40 points yet this year. 49ers had a pick six today and another INT returned to the 30. Before today the most any team scored against them was 37, a game where Bortles again threw a pick 6.

My apologies they allowed 37 pts to the 5-10 49ers. :lol:

So how many of these performances are they allowed to have this season and still be considered dominant?

Against Tenn was considered to be an early season fluke. So what is this one? They gave up a ton of points to a team that beat the Bears by 1 pt with 5 FGs.

They are not even close to as good as the 13 Seahawks and the 15 Bronocos and they do not belong in the same sentence as the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:50 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So how many of these performances are they allowed to have this season and still be considered dominant?

Against Tenn was considered to be an early season fluke. So what is this one? They gave up a ton of points to a team that beat the Bears by 1 pt with 5 FGs.

They are not even close to as good as the 13 Seahawks and the 15 Bronocos and they do not belong in the same sentence as the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs

So... you do understand that a pick 6 isn’t points against the defense right?

They still are giving up less passing yards, TDs, and points then the 15 Broncos while allowing a worse QB rating.

But hey, dominant defenses can’t have bad games. Guess Marino proved the ‘85 Bears D wasn’t dominant.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So... you do understand that a pick 6 isn’t points against the defense right?

They still are giving up less passing yards, TDs, and points then the 15 Broncos while allowing a worse QB rating.

But hey, dominant defenses can’t have bad games. Guess Marino proved the ‘85 Bears D wasn’t dominant.

Yes, that is why I said they gave up 37 instead of 44.

So again, how many bad performances are they allowed to have and still be considered dominant?

The Bears had a bad night against one of the greatest QBs of all time and a team that was a legit Superbowl contender. The Jags had a bad performance against an awful team with a QB that has been a lifetime backup. Surely you see the difference.

Frank Coztansa wrote: