It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quad City Pat.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Nas wrote:
I wouldn't call any of that an apology. Sad!

Would you call a mea culpa an apology? Because here's two of them:

Nas wrote:
I like JLN but maybe he needs a serious talking to or a temporary banning so he understands that is something he shouldn't do again.

Go for it. That punishment would be deserved. I should have been more thoughtful in my posting.

Go ahead and give me a few days off, my actions warrant it.

you cant possibly think that qualifies as an apology? can you? not that i give a shit whether you apologize... just pointing out that that is not what i would consider to be an apology... you are missing the key words of "i'm sorry" or "i apologize"

I thought acknowledging wrongdoing and expressing remorse are core tenets of an apology? It's news to me that you absolutely must say two specific words in order to make an apology or be apologetic.

Anyway, then I apologize for doxxing. I was careless and it was wrong, and I'm sorry.

Does one need to apologize for doxxing a local celebrity’s spouse? Without doing any research, I know a bit about the spouses (or exes) of McNeil, Bores, Abbatacola, Bernstein, Spiegs, Parkins, etc. I think Cheryl Scott dates Gronk’s DJ. John Garcia divorced from a Mrs. Illinois (I assume a different one than McMichael’s). If interested, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google can easily fill in gaps.

The worst doxxing on this board was probably Icegirl.

I’m guessing Mr. JDC is proud of his wife, and probably uses her “fame” in conversations with clients. It may even help with business, depending on the type of law he practices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RPB is right on here. When this was a parody thread about our favorite barrel-chested superhero, it was funny. Now its sad and its been Bricrested to top it off.

I'm sorry Hank.

I'll let the thread get back to a few board members hoping that a guy who defends abused children, loses his job.

My whole point was that the thread was fun before that stuff happened. Then you jumping in and doing your terrible posting was the icing on the cake.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RPB is right on here. When this was a parody thread about our favorite barrel-chested superhero, it was funny. Now its sad and its been Bricrested to top it off.

I'm sorry Hank.

I'll let the thread get back to a few board members hoping that a guy who defends abused children, loses his job.

uhoh, board owner sympathetic to QCP... must be cooperating with QCP's investigation in to who accused him with OIG... CFMB doxxing soon to follow... no one is safe!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:52 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:

Does one need to apologize for doxxing a local celebrity’s spouse? Without doing any research, I know a bit about the spouses (or exes) of McNeil, Bores, Abbatacola, Bernstein, Spiegs, Parkins, etc. I think Cheryl Scott dates Gronk’s DJ. John Garcia divorced from a Mrs. Illinois (I assume a different one than McMichael’s). If interested, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google can easily fill in gaps.

I’m guessing Mr. JDC is proud of his wife, and probably uses her “fame” in conversations with clients. It may even help with business, depending on the type of law he practices.

I always thought doxxing was revealing the real info of an anonymous internet person.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Heisenberg wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Nas wrote:
I wouldn't call any of that an apology. Sad!

Would you call a mea culpa an apology? Because here's two of them:

Nas wrote:
I like JLN but maybe he needs a serious talking to or a temporary banning so he understands that is something he shouldn't do again.

Go for it. That punishment would be deserved. I should have been more thoughtful in my posting.

Go ahead and give me a few days off, my actions warrant it.

you cant possibly think that qualifies as an apology? can you? not that i give a shit whether you apologize... just pointing out that that is not what i would consider to be an apology... you are missing the key words of "i'm sorry" or "i apologize"

I thought acknowledging wrongdoing and expressing remorse are core tenets of an apology? It's news to me that you absolutely must say two specific words in order to make an apology or be apologetic.

Anyway, then I apologize for doxxing. I was careless and it was wrong, and I'm sorry.

Sending get well wishes to the DiCaro family on their Groupon stomach viruses they purchased for XMas.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:00 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I always thought doxxing was revealing the real info of an anonymous internet person.

If that is the accepted definition, then this whole argument was over nothing. Mr. JDC, as far as I know, is not an anonymous poster in this board (unless he is Jason88, as some have speculated). Thus, JLN could not dox him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Frank's Pizzeria
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm sorry Hank.

I'm glad someone understands that the only thing standing between the wanton ass rape of millions of minority and hillbilly children in the northwestern part of Illinois is a man named Quad City Pat. I'm proud to call that man my brother.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm sorry Hank.

My whole point was that the thread was fun before that stuff happened. Then you jumping in and doing your terrible posting was the icing on the cake.

You were not available to approve my posts because you were busy at Disney World.

I'll send them all your way in 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:40 pm 

:lol: Crest on the muscle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:

:lol:

No.

Waiting for someone to accuse me of attacking Hank for going to Disney World though. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

No.

Waiting for someone to accuse me of attacking Hank for going to Disney World though. :lol:

Well, Hank did go to Disney, and Walt hated the Joos, or some such shit. So I guess that makes Hank anti-religion.

Why do you have to be so combative, Seacrest? Or something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

No.

Well, Hank did go to Disney, and Walt hated the Joos, or some such shit. So I guess that makes Hank anti-religion.

Have you read the thread?

Because I'm poor and jealous of course.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

No.

It's a new crusade.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 pm 

Can we stop the histrionics and start heaping internet scorn on the deserving again?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Can we stop the histrionics and start heaping internet scorn on the deserving again?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Seacrest wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I really don't think JLN has to explain why he isn't in radio. Anyone with a brain can see it's a dying industry with far more people jockeying for gigs than there are gigs available. On top of that, gigs are slowly drying up.

I had a cousin who wanted to get into it, majored in broadcasting and interned at 670. I think a summer interning at 670 opened his eyes to see that there was no future in the industry and he instead went into business instead. I'd say he's better off for that decision. Radio is a dead-end job (if you can get a job). JLN has probably seen enough to know which way the wind is blowing on that segment of media.

Since someone posted about JLN doing voice overs, then he is already in the best part of radio. Often the most lucrative and also the part that will continue on into podcasts as well.

Tell that to my agent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:59 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm sorry Hank.

You were not available to approve my posts because you were busy at Disney World.

Its 1/3 your board. Shitpost however you want, you being a prick isn't breaking news.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

No.

Have you read the thread?

Because I'm poor and jealous of course.

Oh

But you buy beers, so, good guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm sorry Hank.

Its 1/3 your board. Shitpost however you want, you being a prick isn't breaking news.

Happy New Year Henry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:28 pm 

Hold on a second , if your bosses are ok and even fans of what you tweet , why the disclaimer in the bio now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am 

so any new updates on this front?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
so any new updates on this front?

Word on the Twitterverse streets is that Pat is now following accounts he’s already blocked to try and ferret out / report them to Twitter . Also has been tweeting in limited bursts about his plight looking for sympathy and support tweets , not getting them then deleteing the tweets in an effort to avoid culpability .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 am 

So he is "in trouble", just not for tweeting from a state-owned device?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
He's going to go completely insane if he gets fired.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
America wrote:

Fists flying everywhere!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:45 pm 

I see a new twitter handle: QuadCityPunchingBag

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
America wrote:

but think of how much better off our lives will all be

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Parents of Moline: it's about to be safe to beat your kids!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 pm 

You guys are going to regret this when it ends up as Goff and Quad City Pat doing middays on The Score.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You guys are going to regret this when it ends up as Goff and Quad City Pat doing middays on The Score.

What's that show called, "Bizarre Love Triangle"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 59  Next