It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dan Bernstein
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
For the better part of the decade he has insisted repeatedly that Ted Phillps has nothing to do with football operations. Today he was proven irrevocably wrong. So rarely does a member of the media these days take such a hardline stance that is so thoroughly disproven.

For those who still care about 670 this is your moment. Enjoy it.

Post subject: Re: Dan Bernstein
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
America wrote:
For the better part of the decade he has insisted repeatedly that Ted Phillps has nothing to do with football operations. Today he was proven irrevocably wrong. So rarely does a member of the media these days take such a hardline stance that is so thoroughly disproven.

He also had a Boers moment today, saying he was told last week that Fox knew he was being fired but Dan was told not to say anything. Dan said he hinted at it last week, mentioning that Fox's presser sounded like he knew he was being fired.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm 

So who is going to call in and address this with Dan today?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
So who is going to call in and address this with Dan today?

Nobody.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:13 pm 

Who still cares enough to really bother? This moment is really a revelation that we were desperate for 3 or so years ago. Doesn't mean we cannot enjoy it, but the reality is 670 is so irrelevant to the Chicago fan now that this embarrassment for Bernstein is really confined in the zeitgeist of a gone era.

Calling in now and rubbing his face in it is pointless. I honestly think they'll call you a racist if you tried now. But you can still feel vindicated for the way you felt all these years, when the show was actually relevant, as Dan lied to you repeatedly. To me that is the sweeter victory. Attacking 670 in it's modern incarnation is easy and natural, so easy and natural that you're not even compelled to give a shit about their programming. But new ways to tarnish their legacy are few and far between, so it should be appreciated when it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FrankDrebin wrote:
America wrote:

He also had a Boers moment today, saying he was told last week that Fox knew he was being fired but Dan was told not to say anything. Dan said he hinted at it last week, mentioning that Fox's presser sounded like he knew he was being fired.

:lol:

Most of us without sources knew Fox was gonna be fired. It wasn’t much of a secret.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
America wrote:

:lol:

Most of us without sources knew Fox was gonna be fired. It wasn’t much of a secret.

Oh, we figured it was gonna happen.

But Dan knew.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm 

Im really going to miss Dave in Champaign taking apart Lil Danny's inevitable badly worded blog about the latest "fiasco' at Halas Hall.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Im really going to miss Dave in Champaign taking apart Lil Danny's inevitable badly worded blog about the latest "fiasco' at Halas Hall.

Yeah why did he stop posting?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My suspicion was that he found the Julie DiCaro thread too tasteless to want to stick around here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
My suspicion was that he found the Julie DiCaro thread too tasteless to want to stick around here.

There has been much worse than that thread. Didn't Nas run Coast2coast off the bard with one his mults?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Seriously? I guess I’m misremembering but I thought he was an early contributor to that thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:
Who still cares enough to really bother? This moment is really a revelation that we were desperate for 3 or so years ago. Doesn't mean we cannot enjoy it, but the reality is 670 is so irrelevant to the Chicago fan now that this embarrassment for Bernstein is really confined in the zeitgeist of a gone era.

Calling in now and rubbing his face in it is pointless. I honestly think they'll call you a racist if you tried now. But you can still feel vindicated for the way you felt all these years, when the show was actually relevant, as Dan lied to you repeatedly. To me that is the sweeter victory. Attacking 670 in it's modern incarnation is easy and natural, so easy and natural that you're not even compelled to give a shit about their programming. But new ways to tarnish their legacy are few and far between, so it should be appreciated when it happens.

Dan's "sources" are usually full of maybe's and "this could happen, but maybe not"....Allows him to say things were only a possibility and that circumstances change. Is there any nuance in his positions that would allow for that? Based on the board's response, it seems pretty much black and white, but there is a chance (sad that they have taken the show in such a direction where listeners think of that as a possibility) they would accuse you of having some other agenda (racist, bigot, etc.) as they try and put you in a box.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
wish they would podcast the 4pm hour from yesterday, sounds like it was a bernstein haters dream... always interesting when a DB take goes bad how he reacts to it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 am 

Bernstein finally wrong about something. He had a good run.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

he's often wrong about the mundane sports stuff... but this particular subject is something he's had a hard line stance for years on... most arguing he was almost ted phillips PR firm pushing back against it.... I'm not sure if he's ever been THIS wrong before. will be interesting to hear him try hear him back-peddle and explain why he was wrong over the next few days

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:28 am 

billypootons wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

he's often wrong about the mundane sports stuff... but this particular subject is something he's had a hard line stance for years on... most arguing he was almost ted phillips PR firm pushing back against it.... I'm not sure if he's ever been THIS wrong before. will be interesting to hear him try hear him back-peddle and explain why he was wrong over the next few days

Hang up on yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:31 am 

Anyone who tunes in to hear Bernstein eat shit will be very unsatisfied.