It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Democrats
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why do we want to elect disabled women?

Why not? What's wrong with Tammy Duckworth?

One of the biggest political hacks in a state that is full of them.

I'd say that really knocks her down a peg... or is that two?

She gets pushed around too often and I wish she stood up for her constituents more.

Standing for something is not really her forte.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
312player wrote:

:lol:

Thanks. It was meant to be funny, but if I were the Democrats I would start finding a way to include that group and a few others.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I for one welcome our new Jewish women overlords.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 pm 

I think the Dems make a mistake when they assume everyone votes primarily by identity. I personally look at what the candidates say they will do, how they perform in debates, etc. I would vote for any gender, race or religion if I thought they were in alignment with my views on how to govern.

I think the “40%” stat in this thread supports that— these aren’t women who didn’t relize HRC was also a woman—they are likely conservative and disagreed with her policies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Actually I think 51 or 52% of white women voted for Trump. It was something like 42% of all women who voted for him.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:32 pm 

People vote for or against a candidate for all sorts of different reasons. I think it's normal/natural for people vote for/with the group they identify. They have shared values or goals in common. The Democrats are becoming or have become exclusive like the Republicans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The people who voted for Trump last time will do so again in 2 years.

They're not ashamed of him. They like how he communicates and what he says. They like how he makes them feel. And most of all, they like how upset the Left is at every thing he says or does. It has emboldened his base.

The American Left is the worst at politics. You lost a Presidential election to the guy from The Apprentice. And instead of learning any lesson from that embarrassment, they are doubling down on what lost them the last election.

Instead of treating every insane tweet and proclamation as the end of the world, ignore it. Politics isn't a war. And the Left can't treat it like one. Because the Right is far better at it. So Democrats continue to lose.

Local representation, governorships, House and Senate. Democrats have lost so much. Yet they continue on the same path.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Try to be leaders. Develop policy that is fiscally sound and easily communicable. Let the President act like a crazy person. Be leaders.

Or get ready for another bad time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:56 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

They're not ashamed of him. They like how he communicates and what he says. They like how he makes them feel. And most of all, they like how upset the Left is at every thing he says or does. It has emboldened his base.

The American Left is the worst at politics. You lost a Presidential election to the guy from The Apprentice. And instead of learning any lesson from that embarrassment, they are doubling down on what lost them the last election.

Instead of treating every insane tweet and proclamation as the end of the world, ignore it. Politics isn't a war. And the Left can't treat it like one. Because the Right is far better at it. So Democrats continue to lose.

Local representation, governorships, House and Senate. Democrats have lost so much. Yet they continue on the same path.

Try to be leaders. Develop policy that is fiscally sound and easily communicable. Let the President act like a crazy person. Be leaders.

That about sums it up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:03 am 

Spaulding wrote:
People vote for or against a candidate for all sorts of different reasons. I think it's normal/natural for people vote for/with the group they identify. They have shared values or goals in common. The Democrats are becoming or have become exclusive like the Republicans.

I agree that people vote for or against candidates for “all sorts of different reasons.” I disagree that they vote primarily on the sex or race of the candidate. If you assume women will always vote for the female candidate regardless of her policies, you are basically condescending to women. I believe they are smart enough to go beyond gender and look at the issues.

I know my wife is, and we often vote for different candidates. Some women believe in a smaller government, lower taxes, enforced borders, and yes, some are pro-life.

The Dems paint all identities with too broad of a brush.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 am 

Maybe, Maybe not. FL is always a mixed bag. The parties need to appeal to WI, MI, OH, & PA. Throw IA in there too.

They are ashamed of him but less ashamed than any of the other candidates for either party in the 2016 election. I think the left is out of control right now. I don't think he has a base. It's a loosely disorganized, odd, and archaic group.

Politics is clearly a war. It's almost 50/50 in the last 5 elections.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Democrats like identity because it's cheap. It's much easier to squeal over an ad agency doing a commercial where two black lesbians buy car insurance and the v/o says "we believe in reasonable rates for everyone" than it is to address structural racism or poverty or everyone dying of street fentanyl or anything that requires work and money that wealthy people don't want to give them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
If the debate is between appealing to minorities or appealing to rich Trump voters annoyed by his rhetoric, I think the choice is clear. Unfortunately the party seems to largely focus its policy goals on appealing to the latter while acting like mere descriptive represeantation is more than enough for the former. That being said, that Tweet is a helluva lot less offensive to me than rubbish about winning back power through the Paneras of America.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Democrats like identity because it's cheap. It's much easier to squeal over an ad agency doing a commercial where two black lesbians buy car insurance and the v/o says "we believe in reasonable rates for everyone" than it is to address structural racism or poverty or everyone dying of street fentanyl or anything that requires work and money that wealthy people don't want to give them.

It cost them a lot in the 2016 election. Not so cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I dunno about that, I know several people who are embarrassed that their candidate is like a 12 year old girl on twitter. If the economy stays strong ..you're probably right though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Spaulding wrote:
312player wrote:

:lol:

Thanks. It was meant to be funny, but if I were the Democrats I would start finding a way to include that group and a few others.

Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Is this really a "but what about the men" thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
So much for e pluribus unum!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Is this really a "but what about the men" thread
That tweet is kind of asking for that response though.

It openly states that if the choice is between a man or white woman and anyone who meets those criteria we should vote for them because, I don't know, we should?

I'm a guy that will easily admit that white men like myself have it easier than most other minorities and I have it easier than many women. However, it does get a little tiresome of the sentiment that is becoming more and more popular that people like me are what is wrong with this country. It certainly doesn't make me enthusiastic to vote for a 2020 candidate even as there is no chance I will vote for Donald Trump if he is still running.

If they want to turn all white men into the enemy then what do they expect?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 am 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

That about sums it up.

You look at this gif from 1.5 years ago and you see how fat Trump has gotten now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I agree that people vote for or against candidates for “all sorts of different reasons.” I disagree that they vote primarily on the sex or race of the candidate. If you assume women will always vote for the female candidate regardless of her policies, you are basically condescending to women. I believe they are smart enough to go beyond gender and look at the issues.

I know my wife is, and we often vote for different candidates. Some women believe in a smaller government, lower taxes, enforced borders, and yes, some are pro-life.

The Dems paint all identities with too broad of a brush.

I'd agree with you if everyone hadn't voted for a nearly identical person on the issues for the past 250 or so years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is the path that the Democratic Party has chosen. They are effectively seceding from the Union for the second time. The entire concept of America is that it is a nation of individuals with shared values and that all of these individual identities are unimportant.

When they talk about #resistance they are #resisting against the concept of America. They refuse to accept the results of a presidential election. That's one thing Clinton had right. That refusal is dangerous. We can't prove Russian collusion so now let's call the president's mental health into question.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 am 

I'll say it once again: incumbents have won the White House every time for the last 38 years save for once and that person had already been in the White House for 12 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
DannyB wrote:
Actually I think 51 or 52% of white women voted for Trump. It was something like 42% of all women who voted for him.

Yes, 52% of white women voted for Trump over Clinton.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If you think all this fury and hate is just going to go away once Trump is out of office, whether that's tomorrow or in seven years, you have got another thing coming. They are going to destroy you. Everything you have is going to be taken from you, liquidated and redistributed to the less privileged. Right now I'd say there's 50/50 odds they take your kids, as it is now considered socially conscious to believe white people having children qualifies as racism.

They expect you to work until you are dead.

Your only option is to leave. If you are educated and/or under 30 Australia/NZ will give you two years (which should be enough time to get yourself settled enough for residency) no questions asked. Europe is a little more difficult but you can do it here too. Enough money will buy you into anywhere. At the very least put yourself in a position where you have established yourself well enough in a foreign country that you can be in a safe position to turn in your American passport and continue your life elsewhere.

The United States is finished. Its over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Democrats are recruiting women because they vote more than men in mid term elections and republicans have openly shit on them and every minority group in this country. To the delight of poor/working class whites who have gotten shit on as well but love the way ignorance makes them feel. Look no futher than the repulsive candidates that republicans are running in many places in the country. Inclusiveness and decency will ultimately prevail.

Besides outside oc Biden no democrat has a shot in 2020. May as well play the long game.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
312player wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I dunno about that, I know several people who are embarrassed that their candidate is like a 12 year old girl on twitter. If the economy stays strong ..you're probably right though.

How many Obama voters voted for Trump, though? Wasn't that a sizable number?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is the path that the Democratic Party has chosen. They are effectively seceding from the Union for the second time. The entire concept of America is that it is a nation of individuals with shared values and that all of these individual identities are unimportant.

When they talk about #resistance they are #resisting against the concept of America. They refuse to accept the results of a presidential election. That's one thing Clinton had right. That refusal is dangerous. We can't prove Russian collusion so now let's call the president's mental health into question.

Of course they resist that concept of the USA. Have you noticed the contempt they have for this countries' history? The only time they've shown even the slightest reverence for the good the United States has done is when they bullied some senile WW2 veteran into approving the "punch a Nazi" narrative.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
tommy wrote:
312player wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

How many Obama voters voted for Trump, though? Wasn't that a sizable number?

That's where Biden helped. He didn't talk down to the and shit on their way life and he winked at them. Hillary told them to go fuck themselves.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Peeps is exactly right. The far left is incredibly ignorant about how to appeal to the other 80% of society.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hatchetman wrote:
Peeps is exactly right. The far left is incredibly ignorant about how to appeal to the other 80% of society.

The Democratic Party has no connection to "the left," far, near, or otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next