It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Democrats
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Peeps is exactly right. The far left is incredibly ignorant about how to appeal to the other 80% of society.

The Democratic Party has no connection to "the left," far, near, or otherwise.

Rhetoric is center left and results are center right. This country started swinging right with Kennedy and it hasn't stopped.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I'm not talking about the Radical Marxist Left. I'm talking about what most people consider the Left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Democrats haven't been the sharpest tools in the shed but Sessions going after weed is a terrible look from the GOP. Its like they are racing to the bottom to see who sucks more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Peeps is exactly right. The far left is incredibly ignorant about how to appeal to the other 80% of society.

I will feel bad for most people stranded in the USA when shit goes south, but watching people like you still stammer to defend this garbage suffer through it will be a bit cathartic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The Democrats haven't been the sharpest tools in the shed but Sessions going after weed is a terrible look from the GOP. Its like they are racing to the bottom to see who sucks more.

OH NO NOT OUR PRECIOUS DRUG THAT IS BASICALLY LEGAL ANYWAYS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

OH NO NOT OUR PRECIOUS DRUG THAT IS BASICALLY LEGAL ANYWAYS

So its basically legal but the AG wants law enforcement to go after it :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It IS legal in some states, and IS legal with certain credentials elsewhere, and the GOP is still going after it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I will feel bad for most people stranded in the USA when shit goes south, but watching people like you still stammer to defend this garbage suffer through it will be a bit cathartic.

France's unemployment rate is 9.8% at a time of general global prosperity and you think it's the USA that is going south. :lol:

Your cross Channel neighbors are at 4.2% and Germany is at 3.7% for comps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been the C(S)FMB's single biggest critic of the neoliberalization of the Democratic Party since I began posting here 13 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:50 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

France's unemployment rate is 9.8% at a time of general global prosperity and you think it's the USA that is going south. :lol:

He doesn't care. He doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Ok then go to Germany. Its a common market, if you can live and work in France you can live and work anywhere in the EU. Obviously that wont apply to the UK much longer, but I'm sure I'll manage.

France has its own issues, but French people do not hate themselves. They do not want to see France destroyed because some people's feelings are hurt. For that reason alone their station is infinitely better than that of the pathetic Americans who cheer gleefully while they eat themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The people who voted for Trump last time will do so again in 2 years.

They're not ashamed of him. They like how he communicates and what he says. They like how he makes them feel. And most of all, they like how upset the Left is at every thing he says or does. It has emboldened his base.

The American Left is the worst at politics. You lost a Presidential election to the guy from The Apprentice. And instead of learning any lesson from that embarrassment, they are doubling down on what lost them the last election.

Instead of treating every insane tweet and proclamation as the end of the world, ignore it. Politics isn't a war. And the Left can't treat it like one. Because the Right is far better at it. So Democrats continue to lose.

Local representation, governorships, House and Senate. Democrats have lost so much. Yet they continue on the same path.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Try to be leaders. Develop policy that is fiscally sound and easily communicable. Let the President act like a crazy person. Be leaders.

Or get ready for another bad time.

We've been through this before. And in the bastion of the American "left", California.

Another right wing moron led a "grassroots" movement, became chief executive and was supposed to signal the end of the Democratic party. He nearly wrecked the state, then embarrassed the state right into the arms of Gov. Jerry Brown.

And noted car thief Darrell Issa is still upset over his snubbing there and istaking it out on the rest of the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He doesn't care. He doesn't work.

I know, he's a literal leech on society. Thankfully he is Europe's problem now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The people who voted for Trump last time will do so again in 2 years.

They're not ashamed of him. They like how he communicates and what he says. They like how he makes them feel. And most of all, they like how upset the Left is at every thing he says or does. It has emboldened his base.

The American Left is the worst at politics. You lost a Presidential election to the guy from The Apprentice. And instead of learning any lesson from that embarrassment, they are doubling down on what lost them the last election.

Instead of treating every insane tweet and proclamation as the end of the world, ignore it. Politics isn't a war. And the Left can't treat it like one. Because the Right is far better at it. So Democrats continue to lose.

Local representation, governorships, House and Senate. Democrats have lost so much. Yet they continue on the same path.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Try to be leaders. Develop policy that is fiscally sound and easily communicable. Let the President act like a crazy person. Be leaders.

Or get ready for another bad time.

We've been through this before. And in the bastion of the American "left", California.

Another right wing moron led a "grassroots" movement, became chief executive and was supposed to signal the end of the Democratic party. He nearly wrecked the state, then embarrassed the state right into the arms of Gov. Jerry Brown.

And noted car thief Darrell Issa is still upset over his snubbing there and istaking it out on the rest of the country.

The Democratic Party lost power because it moved to the right, not the left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I know, he's a literal leech on society. Thankfully he is Europe's problem now.

Dont worry I'll be back in the USA for the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 am 

My wife has an Irish passport. Maybe she can sneak me in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Tall Midget wrote:
The Democratic Party lost power because it moved to the right, not the left.

It moved to the right on economic issues. It moved WAAAAAY left on social issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am 

You have to ask yourself what there is to lose.

this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1GPR0nIKg
will be running the country once the Democrats wrench Trump out of office. I have no idea when it will be, but Democrats will get control of the government again. And when it happens that video will be running the show.

You want to be here for that? You think that'll end well for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Ok then go to Germany. Its a common market, if you can live and work in France you can live and work anywhere in the EU. Obviously that wont apply to the UK much longer, but I'm sure I'll manage.

France has its own issues, but French people do not hate themselves. They do not want to see France destroyed because some people's feelings are hurt. For that reason alone their station is infinitely better than that of the pathetic Americans who cheer gleefully while they eat themselves.

They just don't think enough of themselves to procreate enough to keep pace with their mortality rate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
They just don't think enough of themselves to procreate enough to keep pace with their mortality rate.

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord;
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man;
so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them;
they shall not be ashamed,
but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:12 am 

Nas wrote:
Democrats are recruiting women because they vote more than men in mid term elections and republicans have openly shit on them and every minority group in this country. To the delight of poor/working class whites who have gotten shit on as well but love the way ignorance makes them feel. Look no futher than the repulsive candidates that republicans are running in many places in the country. Inclusiveness and decency will ultimately prevail.

Besides outside oc Biden no democrat has a shot in 2020. May as well play the long game.
They should recruit women. Telling me, someone who would easily vote for the 2020 Democratic candidate over Trump, that basically I'm the problem with the country time and time again is poor politics. I think I'm one of the few non hardcore Democrats on here openly hoping that Trump gets impeached and yet when I read things like that I can't help but think that it's in my best interest to vote FOR Trump.

Maybe white men don't matter any more which is fine if they can pull it off but it seems a strange tactic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

With a democratic president and House and Senate the democrats spend a year trying to get republicans to pass a healthcare bill. The republicans don't help and the democrats pass a mostly 90's republican healthcare bill that is IMMEDIATELY shit on by republicans. Republicans get the presidency and the legislative branch and the say fuck democrats and pass their tax bill in a month.

Republicans are ruthless and so much better at politics than democrats. They do whatever they need to do to win when they're in power and democrats do enough to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Democrats are recruiting women because they vote more than men in mid term elections and republicans have openly shit on them and every minority group in this country. To the delight of poor/working class whites who have gotten shit on as well but love the way ignorance makes them feel. Look no futher than the repulsive candidates that republicans are running in many places in the country. Inclusiveness and decency will ultimately prevail.

Besides outside oc Biden no democrat has a shot in 2020. May as well play the long game.
They should recruit women. Telling me, someone who would easily vote for the 2020 Democratic candidate over Trump, that basically I'm the problem with the country time and time again is poor politics. I think I'm one of the few non hardcore Democrats on here openly hoping that Trump gets impeached and yet when I read things like that I can't help but think that it's in my best interest to vote FOR Trump.

Maybe white men don't matter any more which is fine if they can pull it off but it seems a strange tactic.

There's also the problem that the Democratic Party's version of gender politics appeals largely to women who are members of the professional-managerial class. Consequently, the party is dividing the electorate along gendered lines while pursuing a political strategy that largely appeals to affluent, educated women while failing to engage with working-class women. Ordinarily, this could not be considered a winning approach, but it may nevertheless succeed due to the Trump anomaly. It should be noted, though, that uneducated white women voted heavily for Trump in 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Recruiting women isn't saying that men don't matter. I'm not offended by the pitch. It's like being upset in October because the focus is on breast cancer and yelling "Prostate Cancer Matters too".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
It seems pretty rare for one to discuss the general Trump voter demographics without the qualifier "uneducated" making an appearance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
It seems pretty rare for one to discuss the general Trump voter demographics without the qualifier "uneducated" making an appearance.

he knew the audience he was pitching to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Recruiting women isn't saying that men don't matter. I'm not offended by the pitch. It's like being upset in October because the focus is on breast cancer and yelling "Prostate Cancer Matters too".

Except the core demands of the feminist left are
-criminalizing masculinity
-gender quota's in the workplace
-required seats in government

Your stupid comparison falls completely flat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
There's also the problem that the Democratic Party's version of gender politics appeals largely to women who are members of the professional-managerial class. Consequently, the party is dividing the electorate along gendered lines while pursuing a political strategy that largely appeals to affluent, educated women while failing to engage with working-class women. Ordinarily, this could not be considered a winning approach, but it may nevertheless succeed due to the Trump anomaly. It should be noted, though, that uneducated white women voted heavily for Trump in 2016.

I hate +1/This./This guy gets it posts but I don't know what else to add here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I agree.

Another thing I'll add is that there is another side effect of the gender/identity politics. If you are a person who they are attracting, but you have a husband and kids that would be part of the "enemy class" then doesn't that cause you to think about what the future is of your family? Ultimately, you want your closest family to be successful too, so when someone seems to be prioritizing "LGBT women" over the rest of your family, and then also doesn't even mention "white women" which you happen to be then why not wonder if the party doesn't care about you either?

And yes, that comes off as a "let's cry for white people" stance, but it's also a real thing to think about when you want to be an ally but you are being told you, or most of the people in your life, are the "enemy".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 am 

They've realized it and are starting to really drive the point that Natalie Portman has so much in common with the quasi-slave she forces to clean her sheets for $7.75 a day. I'm sure it'll work too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next