It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Democrats
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:37 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
There's also the problem that the Democratic Party's version of gender politics appeals largely to women who are members of the professional-managerial class. Consequently, the party is dividing the electorate along gendered lines while pursuing a political strategy that largely appeals to affluent, educated women while failing to engage with working-class women. Ordinarily, this could not be considered a winning approach, but it may nevertheless succeed due to the Trump anomaly. It should be noted, though, that uneducated white women voted heavily for Trump in 2016.

I hate +1/This./This guy gets it posts but I don't know what else to add here.

Women, the cause of and solution to all of America's problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
There's also the problem that the Democratic Party's version of gender politics appeals largely to women who are members of the professional-managerial class. Consequently, the party is dividing the electorate along gendered lines while pursuing a political strategy that largely appeals to affluent, educated women while failing to engage with working-class women. Ordinarily, this could not be considered a winning approach, but it may nevertheless succeed due to the Trump anomaly. It should be noted, though, that uneducated white women voted heavily for Trump in 2016.
I agree.

Another thing I'll add is that there is another side effect of the gender/identity politics. If you are a person who they are attracting, but you have a husband and kids that would be part of the "enemy class" then doesn't that cause you to think about what the future is of your family? Ultimately, you want your closest family to be successful too, so when someone seems to be prioritizing "LGBT women" over the rest of your family, and then also doesn't even mention "white women" which you happen to be then why not wonder if the party doesn't care about you either?

And yes, that comes off as a "let's cry for white people" stance, but it's also a real thing to think about when you want to be an ally but you are being told you, or most of the people in your life, are the "enemy".

Been working great for Scientology.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 am 

Nas wrote:
Recruiting women isn't saying that men don't matter. I'm not offended by the pitch. It's like being upset in October because the focus is on breast cancer and yelling "Prostate Cancer Matters too".
It's a fine line, but the attitude has gone from helping women to blaming men, and more specifically white men. The whole "rape culture" theory is built around the idea that ALL MEN are to blame for it. They come out and say it. You and me are at fault for the behavior of Weinstein and others. Matt Damon can't even say "Not all men" with getting responded with "#NOTALLMEN". It's just a tough position when you agree that society is unfair and you would like to be an ally but you seemingly just aren't wanted as one to the point where you are considered implicit in it no matter what you do.

Take the Golden Globes for an example. It's become a story that none of the men that got awards in their acceptance speeches came out and made a strong statement about the Hollywood sexual harassment/assault issues. This is while all of them were wearing black in support, wearing buttons to stand up to it, and in interviews were saying that it needs to be stopped. They win an award for their work and get grief because it wasn't good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
No issue unites men more than opposing women in power or women trying to climb the ladder.

My biggest problem with democrats is the best candidate to beat Trump is 90 and they have absolutely no bench. Their shitty outreach to women would be near the bottom of the list.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
My biggest problem with democrats is the best candidate to beat Trump is 90

Bernie Sanders is only 76.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:
My biggest problem with democrats is the best candidate to beat Trump is 90

Bernie Sanders is only 76.

I'm talking about Uncle Joe. THIEVING BERNIE can appeal to working class whites too but he couldn't fight back at Trump the way a candidate will need to in order to win. It's Biden or bust unless the president doesn't run again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nas is convinced white men just revel in the failure of others and that this entire civilization they built exists soley for the purpose of rejoicing in their continued struggle. Everything from Plato to now has been one giant exercise in personally victimizing people in arbitrary ways for unknown reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am 

Nas wrote:
With a democratic president and House and Senate the democrats spend a year trying to get republicans to pass a healthcare bill. The republicans don't help and the democrats pass a mostly 90's republican healthcare bill that is IMMEDIATELY shit on by republicans. Republicans get the presidency and the legislative branch and the say fuck democrats and pass their tax bill in a month.

Republicans are ruthless and so much better at politics than democrats. They do whatever they need to do to win when they're in power and democrats do enough to lose.

And the idea of now perennial loser Mitt Romney pushing out Hatch for a Senate run of his own doesn't so much as raise an eyebrow. They even do political loser rehab and re-acceptance better than democrats. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
With a democratic president and House and Senate the democrats spend a year trying to get republicans to pass a healthcare bill. The republicans don't help and the democrats pass a mostly 90's republican healthcare bill that is IMMEDIATELY shit on by republicans. Republicans get the presidency and the legislative branch and the say fuck democrats and pass their tax bill in a month.

Republicans are ruthless and so much better at politics than democrats. They do whatever they need to do to win when they're in power and democrats do enough to lose.

And the idea of now perennial loser Mitt Romney pushing out Hatch for a Senate run of his own doesn't so much as raise an eyebrow. They even do political loser rehab and re-acceptance better than democrats. :lol:

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
THIEVING BERNIE

:lol: What would Trump's nickname be for Oprah?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am 

America wrote:
Nas is convinced white men just revel in the failure of others and that this entire civilization they built exists soley for the purpose of rejoicing in their continued struggle. Everything from Plato to now has been one giant exercise in personally victimizing people in arbitrary ways for unknown reasons.

Frankly whining about your perception of that demise has been your one note around here since you left a college town.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
THIEVING BERNIE

Bon Bon Oprah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

America wrote:

Try harder. #FlailingAmerica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
well at least we have the Bears

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
THIEVING BERNIE

Trump just called Bernie crazy. (((Thieving))) is a Nas original.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep

Utah and Romney are a unique situation. It would not be repeated with any other candidate in any other party.

Besides, the Dems have done as much for rehabilitating Romney as the Republicans did. I'd say some Dems might even be wishing Romney won in 2012 as Romney's 2nd term would look a hell of a lot better today than Trump's 1st. The Dems crying about Russian interference look bad after this 2012 exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

Obama looks like a fool today. He probably wishes he never engaged in this exchange.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep

Utah and Romney are a unique situation. It would not be repeated with any other candidate in any other party.

Besides, the Dems have done as much for rehabilitating Romney as the Republicans did. I'd say some Dems might even be wishing Romney won in 2012 as Romney's 2nd term would look a hell of a lot better today than Trump's 1st. The Dems crying about Russian interference look bad after this 2012 exchange.

Obama looks like a fool today. He probably wishes he never engaged in this exchange.

Sillier then when Obama tried to align with Al Quada in Syria to take out Assad?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

If you could blend Bernie and Biden together, I think you would have the perfect democratic candidate for our current political environment. Bernie managed to run a campaign that appealed to the working class whites, blacks, Hispanics and the youth without getting his campaign taken over by any of the groups. That was pretty impressive. Biden has the charisma and regular guy appeal that Trump fakes. He's tough and he has the experience and relationships to accomplish something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep

Sillier then when Obama tried to align with Al Quada in Syria to take out Assad?

Or backing the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt?

There are a million terrible things about Trump but if all he does is clean up the Middle East a little bit, his presidency will have been worth it. Obama's policies allowed Russia, Turkey, and Iran to plan the future of the region without the U.S. having a seat at the table. Trump has thrown one elbow into Putin and one into Erdogan and pulled up his own chair. For all the talk about Trump cozying up to Putin he's been tougher on him than Bush II or Obama.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
THIEVING BERNIE

Trump just called Bernie crazy. (((Thieving))) is a Nas original.

"We'll teach that thievin' Jew a thing or two!"

--JJ Sullivan, on Arnold Rothstein, during the 1919 World Series

(for the record, I'm not suggesting Nas is anti-Semitic, but "thievin' Jew" has always cracked me up as an expression)

Last edited by tommy on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
If you could blend Bernie and Biden together, I think you would have the perfect democratic candidate for our current political environment. Bernie managed to run a campaign that appealed to the working class whites, blacks, Hispanics and the youth without getting his campaign taken over by any of the groups. That was pretty impressive. Biden has the charisma and regular guy appeal that Trump fakes. He's tough and he has the experience and relationships to accomplish something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:02 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Peeps is exactly right. The far left is incredibly ignorant about how to appeal to the other 80% of society.

The Democratic Party has no connection to "the left," far, near, or otherwise.

I will feel bad for most people stranded in the USA when shit goes south, but watching people like you still stammer to defend this garbage suffer through it will be a bit cathartic.

France's unemployment rate is 9.8% at a time of general global prosperity and you think it's the USA that is going south. :lol:

Your cross Channel neighbors are at 4.2% and Germany is at 3.7% for comps.

Employment numbers, at least in the US, are a faulty bit of data.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Singapore is under 2%.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Democrats, Liberals, Women, Minorities, etc. should just all get on board, embrace President Trump, and quit all the silly fighting and complaining.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Panther pislA wrote:
Democrats, Liberals, Women, Minorities, etc. should just all get on board, embrace President Trump, and quit all the silly fighting and complaining.

Deplorables from the mirror universe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:11 pm 

America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
The Democrats haven't been the sharpest tools in the shed but Sessions going after weed is a terrible look from the GOP. Its like they are racing to the bottom to see who sucks more.

OH NO NOT OUR PRECIOUS DRUG THAT IS BASICALLY LEGAL ANYWAYS

100% political troll now, eh?

Very Sad. Had potential.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm 

Dems kinda insane in the ol membrane lately

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Women, the cause of and solution to all of America's problems.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
White men are the cause of all the problems and non white or non straight women are going to solve them. Get with the program.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

#IronMyShirt
#GiveMeYourVote
#ShutUpAndLookPretty
#MakeMeASandwich
#NoRaiseForYou
#LetMeSlapYouAround
#StayHomeAndTakeCareOfTgeKids
#NeverAskMeAQuestionAboutMyPersonalBusiness

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next