It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears fans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Seacrest desperately trying to bait a Tebow argument out of the board. For shame! This isn't 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
America wrote:
Seacrest desperately trying to bait a Tebow argument out of the board. For shame! This isn't 2011.

Shame is all you really do here.

Try selling something else here this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok Bob. Why do you think he may be good? How good can he be?

Actual stuff and not just "Well, maybe he will be good!".

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How good can he be? This seems like an odd question. He’s an unknown as a HC. He can be one of the best coaches in the league for all we know.

Saying he will suck is just the default position for a fan base that has had their dick kicked in for the last decade. We don't know how to be positive anymore. I'm on board. He cant be worse than Trestman or Fox.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
billypootons wrote:
wasnt mcdaniels first go around as a HC nothing short of an unmitigated disaster? why is this never discussed?

McDaniels hung his hat on Tim Tebow. Why is that never discussed.

GREAT POINT!!!

And he wants control over daft decisions and a roster?? :lol:

Well the flip side is he was smart enough to see Cutler sucked and got the Bears to give up 2 #1s for him.

Not when you wasted one of those picks on Tebow.

None of those picks were used on Tebow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:32 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
billypootons wrote:
wasnt mcdaniels first go around as a HC nothing short of an unmitigated disaster? why is this never discussed?

McDaniels hung his hat on Tim Tebow. Why is that never discussed.

GREAT POINT!!!

And he wants control over daft decisions and a roster?? :lol:

Well the flip side is he was smart enough to see Cutler sucked and got the Bears to give up 2 #1s for him.

Not when you wasted one of those picks on Tebow.

None of those picks were used on Tebow.

Let’s assume that one of them was.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He may be great, he may suck. I've already stated that.
We could have hired RFDC and this would be true.

Why are you mad at Bears fans that are skeptical?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, the greatest football coach in history was bad at his first job so let's never talk about anything in the future about coaches.

I'm just wondering why Caller Bob was upset that Bears fans like me are skeptical of hiring a guy with little to no resume from an organization that has been the worst good team in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, the greatest football coach in history was bad at his first job so let's never talk about anything in the future about coaches.

I'm just wondering why Caller Bob was upset that Bears fans like me are skeptical of hiring a guy with little to no resume from an organization that has been the worst good team in the league.

They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ok, now we're getting crazy in this thread. I would rather the Bears have kept John Fox or promote Dowell Loggains than hire RFDC as coach.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ok, now we're getting crazy in this thread. I would rather the Bears have kept John Fox or promote Dowell Loggains than hire RFDC as coach.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
They’re the “worst good team in the league”(I guess, not even sure of that) because their QB is limited and their defense is never dominant enough to overcome those limitations like those Ravens teams did. And Andy Reid is a horrendous game day coach. I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that flaw to someone working under him. We’ll see this year.
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He has worked his whole career for Andy Reid. I think it's fair to think that Reid will be a major influence on him.

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Of course.

Reid’s specific problems are clock and game management. I think it’s easier to copy the Mon-Sat stuff from Reid and develop your own style of clock and game management.

If he’s a carbon copy of Andy Reid then I guess we all know it’s a good but not great hire.
That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Of course.

That's the big concern with a guy who has literally never worked for another coach. I think it's more of a concern with him over others who have been working under many different coaches and can rely on that knowledge.

I don’t think it’s a concern, let alone a big concern. Very few coaches are good game day coaches. I don’t think a case can really be made that it’s more of a concern for Nagy than Defillipo or McDaniels.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 

FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Outside of Seacrest, RDFC, GoodDolphin, Peoria, Frank, Mike, Boyd..(sorry if missed anyone)

You are stupid and all your Bears thoughts are stupid. Yeah, Nagy may be bad, but we have no idea at this point. Reading your chicken little bullshit is nauseating. You deserve the worst.

#MeToo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FF makes a good point. What coaches are good on gameday? Belichick. I'm struggling to come up with another name.

John Harbaugh. Maybe a couple others. There’s not many.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
"He's bad at challenges and clock management" is sort of the Universal Coach Lament of the NFL fan. The NHL version is "he shuffles linemates and doesn't play the kids." It's just something to say instead of silence.

:lol: :lol:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Of course.

I don’t think it’s a concern, let alone a big concern. Very few coaches are good game day coaches. I don’t think a case can really be made that it’s more of a concern for Nagy than Defillipo or McDaniels.
Seems like we are on the path of "coaching doesn't matter" expect of course John Fox was bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Of course.

Seems like we are on the path of "coaching doesn't matter" expect of course John Fox was bad.

Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport by a mile. That’s a bad takeaway from what I said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport by a mile. That’s a bad takeaway from what I said.

Gameday coaching doesn't matter much I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

What have we seen from Harbaugh that makes him good on gsme day?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Part if that is just because we all grew up playing Madden. Its insane to me that professional coaches will let 8 seconds tick off the clock before they call time out.

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Did I hallucinate it or did someone on the board today say that anyone who played Madden as a kid would be better at clock management than coaches who didn't?

Maybe. I stole that from Simmons though :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

What have we seen from Harbaugh that makes him good on gsme day?

He’s specifically very competitive against the Patriots, especially relative to the rest of the league. Flacco is one of the worst QBs in the league and has been for awhile but he still gets very good results. I don’t often see them make mistakes or egregious fuck ups in close games, and they play a lot of them.

I don’t watch them all the time though. He could be awful and I don’t realize it. Just the first name that came to mind outside of Belichick.

To rock my soul

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears won a total of 29 games the last 3 years Lovie was here. They haven't won that many games in 5 years. Everyone has a right to question the Bears decisions.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Maybe. I stole that from Simmons though :lol: :lol:

Doesn't Madden run the clocks down to :20 on the play clock after you choose a play? If it's in the game, it's in the game!

Last edited by Curious Hair on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious Hair wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Most kids sucked at Madden iirc.

The good madden players would be better.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next