It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm 

Same thing happened with my daughter and gymnastics, I guess because it's indoors, they think it's fine?

I'm talking this kid was like constantly wiping his goddamn snot off his face down his arm. That kind of thing should be done in the home.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

That said, I never had more colds than when my kids were in preschool.

Yep. No fever and your kid can go anywhere.

Pink eye?

You people are a public menace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Schools are awful about it now too. Remember sitting at an orientation for my daughter and it was basically if she wasn’t dying the absence was not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I think the rule of thumb is: no fever, send your kids anywhere. Fever, stay home plus one day.

Pink eye?

I’d stay home with pink eye or lice or some nasty shit like that. If I didn’t let my kids do activities when they had a runny nose or a cough, we wouldn’t be able to leave the house from Halloween to St Patrick’s Day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Pink eye?

I’d stay home with pink eye or lice or some nasty shit like that. If I didn’t let my kids do activities when they had a runny nose or a cough, we wouldn’t be able to leave the house from Halloween to St Patrick’s Day.

No I understand. In taking snot faced uncontrollable coughing situations.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Pink eye?

No I understand. In taking snot faced uncontrollable coughing situations.

I’m actually a bit of a germaphobe. If my kids have pinkeye or anything nasty, they are staying home.

I also think there is something cool about a kid having a sick day—watch TV and get waited on by Mom or Dad all day. Stay in PJs. Hot chocalate. Rare, but good memories. Except the mumps—those were super painful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Pinkeye is one of those things that shocks me how quick it goes around. Neither of my kids had it before they went to a daycare facility. Now they've had it twice since June. It helps that they're pretty cool about taking the drops.

And yeah, the sick day at home is indeed something special. My oldest had a pretty bad cold right before Christmas, and she managed to gag herself on snot...so up came the milk. My wife had a bunch of meetings, so I stayed home with her...hung out and watched Scooby Doo all morning...by lunch, she was feeling okay, so we ran out to grab some food, then a solid 3 hour nap for her so I got to sit on my ass playing video games on a Monday afternoon...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Schools are awful about it now too. Remember sitting at an orientation for my daughter and it was basically if she wasn’t dying the absence was not allowed.

we have a good family friend who got a letter about truancy because there were enough sick days without a doctors note. she was livid. kid is a straight A student.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
You have to be there for x amount of days. It’s silly. I can’t imagine parents keeping kids out for shits and giggles. We had a girl in 7th grade that must of missed half the year with migranes. She still passed the tests. When I wa a kid the pediatrician we sent to would have laughed at us coming in for a fever unless it was super high. Low grade fever was the body taking care of itself, get some rest, drink clear fluids and watch What’s Happening and Three’s company and Lucy on 32.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 am 

we homeschool but are kids are involved in all sorts of stuff. and there is always a few kids at these things hacking and coughing away. my wife has sanitizer and makes the kids wash their hands incessantly. naturally our kids still get sick from time to time but i not as much as other kids observably. probably because they don't spend 8 hours a day in a petri dish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
hnd wrote:
we homeschool but are kids are involved in all sorts of stuff. and there is always a few kids at these things hacking and coughing away. my wife has sanitizer and makes the kids wash their hands incessantly. naturally our kids still get sick from time to time but i not as much as other kids observably. probably because they don't spend 8 hours a day in a petri dish.

Maybe enroll them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
IMU wrote:
hnd wrote:

Maybe enroll them.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm 

IMU wrote:
hnd wrote:

Maybe enroll them.

lucky for the world, i do 0% of the instruction.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:28 pm 

Just got an email from the place that inspired this post saying the same things. Looks like I was right once again.

Idiot parents.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Just got an email from the place that inspired this post saying the same things. Looks like I was right once again.

Idiot parents.

Let's say you weren't.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Idiot parents.

Let's say you weren't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 am 

On Saturday, I had to go pick up a few gift cards so I actually had to step into a brick and mortar store. I brought my kid with and he wasn't the happiest so I offered him to go to the library and run around in the play area a little. We get to the library and after a few minutes a little girl is literally coughing more than once a minute as she is running all around with both her parents. I get it is a time when a lot of kids are sick but this kid sounded like she should be at the doctor and not a public library where 40+ kids will be touching the same toys as your little snot factory.

So, I ended up taking my kid out crying after a few minutes so Typhoid Mary Jr. over there wouldn't make this another two weeks of coughing because we dared enter a public space with a dumbass parent who thinks their kid is just fine.

So guess who has a runny nose today? Me. Thoughts and prayers appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
BRick and BRick Jr. will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Typhoid Mary
Nice parody potential to Jethro Tull's 'Cross Eyed Mary' here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Agree in spirit but it's impossible to avoid it.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY