It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Meryl Streep
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
TM, do you get punched in the throat on occasion?

My keyboard gives me +5 DEF and +5 AGILITY

I bet you haven't even played through final fantasy 5 fansubbed on a ROM. Or Rockman the power battles on the old Capcom.arcade hardware emulators made by the ppl who did nesticle #fuckingamateurs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Yes, and your language implied that one place is not as bad as the other. Denying that doesn't help your case at all, come on.

If you really didn't mean to imply that one wasn't as bad as the other, why did you feel the need to differentiate one from the other? That's like saying "Gary Ridgway wasn't anywhere close to what Stephen Paddock was" and then pretending you just meant that one guy....did his deplorable deed differently? Again, the clear implication is that you were trying to excuse one person's actions because of their history with atrocities. Maybe it was just poor wording, but that's the plain reading of your words.

it's appropriate you use the word "case", because this place always feels like the court of public opinion.

when we have an RIP thread for charles manson, dedicated to making a "mount rushmore" of serial killers, i find it hard to take seriously such grandstanding.

you know who does defend polanski though? his own victim. i don't see that happening with weinstein.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 am 

I'm sure all the Streep proponents can prove me wrong with a picture.

I don't think she is ugly. She's not really remarkable in terms of looks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:00 am 

Gay conspiracy is a donspiracy mult.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
What did Streeps know and when did she know it?

No one knows but Weinstein and Streeps

People talk. Hollywood is not that large of club. The Harvey stories that have come out make it very clear is it's happened A VERY LONG TIME and he's had plenty of company.

Bottom line....no one has said jack shit for decades. The pedophilia and casting couch culture of Hollywood has been buried and enabled for far too long. Streep, Oprah, and all of these frauds have known about Harvey and others forever and they've done nothing.

Fuck Hollywood.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

People talk. Hollywood is not that large of club. The Harvey stories that have come out make it very clear is it's happened A VERY LONG TIME and he's had plenty of company.

Bottom line....no one has said jack shit for decades. The pedophilia and casting couch culture of Hollywood has been buried and enabled for far too long. Streep, Oprah, and all of these frauds have known about Harvey and others forever and they've done nothing.

Fuck Hollywood.

It's an entire industry/culture built on the exploitation of women.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fuck Hollywood.

It's an entire industry/culture built on the exploitation of women.

And children

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fuck Hollywood.

it's even more than that. She can lie and feign ignorance on Weinstein, but what about her support for Polanski as well? She can't feign ignorance there. He was convicted and became a fugitive from justice 4 decades ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Fuck Hollywood.

Kinda like the steroid scandal. Most of them probably knew, but there is no way to prove it in most cases.

I still like movies and tv though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I would imagine most people in Hollywood feels like it was the costs of doing business there. Like how doing business in other countries require bribes and such, doing business in Hollywood means you need to suck some dick.

Don't think for a second that Streep didn't suck some dick to get into the biz back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Big Chicagoan wrote:
I would imagine most people in Hollywood feels like it was the costs of doing business there. Like how doing business in other countries require bribes and such, doing business in Hollywood means you need to suck some dick.

Don't think for a second that Streep didn't suck some dick to get into the biz back in the day.

(((Cost of doing business)))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

It's fucking sick, don't get me wrong. But I think people within that industry have accepted it and therefore never did anything about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

It's fucking sick, don't get me wrong. But I think people within that industry have accepted it and therefore never did anything about it.

You're right. It's probably considered to be like paying your taxes. No one wants to do it but you have to

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I dont think I fully understand the ((( ))) thing. Is it just a reference to Jewish people and how they run the world?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:59 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I dont think I fully understand the ((( ))) thing. Is it just a reference to Jewish people and how they run the world?

Kinda
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/triple-parentheses-echo

I'm using it in an ironic sense here